We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Uploading photos from iPhone Options

null24
#1 Posted : 8/14/2022 7:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Our uploader does not allow photos from iPhone to be added to pats unless they are covered through third party software to jpds, which is a huge PITA. Can this be changed?

I have so much shroom pron I’m dying to share but just don’t have the patience and time to convert them. I’ve been way less active than i want to be and that is partially the reason.

Y’all need to see my ovoid cult experiment that’s been going nuts. And my cat.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 8/14/2022 9:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kitty!! I wanna see them!

Man, tbh, I can't even post pics from my Android device. It could be something I need to reconfigure in my Tor browser.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 8/14/2022 10:24:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mumble mumble Apple mumble mumble proprietary format mumble walled garden, er, change your phone? Why should Apple choose to instate a picture format that literally nobody else uses?

It would be great to see more ovoid pics though. Sometimes computing is just a PITA. Learn a little code and you should be able to do a batch conversion.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
20220814_201007.jpg (3,403kb) downloaded 94 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#4 Posted : 8/14/2022 10:48:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude, it’s my work phone. I literally cannot afford a personal phone other than my little flip phone that has technology circa 1995. So suck it and let me post jpegs!Big grin

Freaking cat is cute. y’all! I’m just gonna keep telling you about him until i can post picks. He’s furry, and shaved, and is a little mini cougar. He chases chickens. Have you ever seen a cougar square off with a t-rex? Open jpegs and you will!

EDIT: I’m going to print some shirts soon that are just going to say “why is this so hard?”. If this sinks in with you, hit me up and I’ll put you on the list.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#5 Posted : 8/14/2022 10:51:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use GIMP, and can do it from my laptop but it won’t let me batch convert and I’m frankly one of the laziest people i know, so…
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#6 Posted : 8/14/2022 10:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On the ovoid thing, i have been letting a tub colonize for two months in my storage unit while i move living spaces. I really expected it to crap out because I’m literally doing nothing to it. Checked it a few days ago and the entire thing is white with myc and no flies. It’sa thing of beauty.

I have places to spread it including a coworkers yard and my own and a ton of parks. I need advice on how to do that though so in all seriousness i really would like to be able to easily post at lunch break and stuff during the week which is my only free time at this moment. I’m busy as hell, but with mostly all good stuff, it’s just time demanding. My free time is crash and errands time.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 8/14/2022 11:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DF0 wrote:
Why should Apple choose to instate a picture format that literally nobody else uses?

Because the Apple company is pretentious.

Null24 wrote:
I’m going to print some shirts soon that are just going to say “why is this so hard?”. If this sinks in with you, hit me up and I’ll put you on the list.

Void is on the list Very happy

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 8/14/2022 11:09:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great news about the myc! My other idea is if you can put the pics in a zip file and upload or PM that it should be possible for someone (me?) to help you with the conversion. Putting them in a zipped folder should be quicker than converting them. I'm guessing your pics are in the .heif format?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Sunnyside
#9 Posted : 8/14/2022 11:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Settings/camera/format/most compatible
Sunnyside attached the following image(s):
B1F18AE7-F893-4642-BD5D-D628D74CA069.png (6,563kb) downloaded 78 time(s).
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

null24
#10 Posted : 8/14/2022 11:12:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have other words for them besides pretentious but yknow, rules prevent me using them here. I do like the camera when i can get it to do what i want it to. And the group chats and stuff really come in handy for work.

It is what it is, as much as i hate that phrase. i just accept the necessary evil while recognizing it for what it is. At the same time, I’ve never give Jeff bezos a penny, so there’s that.

EDIT: oh shoot sunnyside, didn’t see your reply. I’ll try it!
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Sunnyside
#11 Posted : 8/14/2022 11:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Null if you change your camera settings, it will save future photos in a compatible format and just upload it.
Y'all can delete my post that is blank, and the photo too, if you want.
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

null24
#12 Posted : 8/15/2022 12:25:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks sunnyside, i didn’t see your response. However, i don’t see an option in my camera settings. I’m using an iPhone 13. I’d post a screen shot, but yunno.

EDIT: this is what the dialogue says under the format setting.
“ To reduce file size, capture photos and videos
in the High Efficiency HEIF/HEVC format. Most
Compatible will always use JPEG/H.264.
Cinematic video, 4K at 60 fps, 1080p at 240
fps, and HDR video require High Efficiency.”

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Sunnyside
#13 Posted : 8/15/2022 1:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perfect, you are right there, I believe.
Tap on 'Most Compatible', and the little checkmark will leave "High Efficiency" and be on "Most Compatible"
Sunnyside attached the following image(s):
IMG_554473C880D2-1.png (255kb) downloaded 57 time(s).

Sunnyside
#14 Posted : 8/15/2022 1:26:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No.
Hold on.
Might not do it either.

null24
#15 Posted : 8/15/2022 6:39:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, it’s iPhone. It doesn’t believe in autonomy. It even always tells me to go “straight”. Normalist shit won’t even let me choose my format so i can post pics of my drug grows. It’s just all bull.

So i tried. Not even close, but best i can do?
Shoot, I’ll post short vids then.
Spoiler: this is my fur buddy MC chilling by the fire tonight. No shrooms. I don’t know if he’s prettier but he smells better and is way more fun to snuggle.

EDIT: Hey sunnyside: thanks for the suggestion, and that’s what googling says to do. Also copying to a file but nada. My laptop isn’t with me atm and was kinda hoping i could figure out hire to do it in ios. Screw apple man.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 8/16/2022 9:24:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The problem can also get shunted a little further along the line because even if the phone does save in .jpeg format, the uploader sprite (or whatever to call it) only allows the '.jpg' extension (for reasons that are still entirely opaque for me)! Then you still have to batch-edit the files to '*.jpg' to upload them successfully.

If it's any consolation, I've been only marginally less disappointed with the degree of entry-level hands-on tinkering I've been able to do with an Android-based phone of a popular make.

null24
#17 Posted : 8/16/2022 10:21:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I’ve tried everything, even downloaded a few apps that did not do what they said on the tin.

Anyway, I’m getting my laptop outta the shop tomorrow and will convert a few photos.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 8/17/2022 12:36:55 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

null24 wrote:
Yeah, I’ve tried everything, even downloaded a few apps that did not do what they said on the tin.

Anyway, I’m getting my laptop outta the shop tomorrow and will convert a few photos.

That will be great - just try to make sure that you can specify the file extension to be '.jpg' from the outset.

Even if they end up as '.jpeg' (which may happen if you're using an Apple machine) it should be possible to do a batch rename fairly straightforwardly.

Quote:
JPEG vs. JPG

Early versions of Windows (specifically the MS-DOS 8.3 and FAT-16 file systems) had a maximum 3-letter limit when it came to the length of file extensions. JPEG had to be shortened to JPG as to not exceed the limit. Mac and Linux computers never had such a thing, and so users would continue to save images as JPEG.

null24
#19 Posted : 8/17/2022 5:51:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a windows laptop and It’s pretty easy in GIMP, just haven’t figured out how to batch convert off I even can so it’s kind of a pain.
Thanks y’all, stay tuned. Trying to be more active, like, y’know. Gets in the way sometimes…
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*