We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Truffles cake/pastries in the oven ? Options

The Sofa Traveler
#1 Posted : 8/7/2022 6:02:48 PM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hi dear Nexians, I need your lights =) Do you think it's ok to cook dried and powdered truffles cakes/pastries at 200C (392F) ? Won't it deteriorate too much Psilocybin ? Cheerz Cool
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 8/7/2022 6:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Not sure how much information there is on how much heat leads to degradation in mushrooms, but psilocybin melting point is between 220-228°C. So they may degrade but still have some activity.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 8/7/2022 11:18:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you have access to a fan oven you can cook at 180°C. Any possible reduction in temperature will be better for potency.

And do make sure that the cakes aren't too tasty, and that they are already in a sensible dosage size format!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

The Sofa Traveler
#4 Posted : 8/9/2022 6:57:26 PM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

downwardsfromzero wrote:
If you have access to a fan oven you can cook at 180°C

Yes, it's about a fan oven ("chaleur tournante" Smile ) ; have you already baked mushes cakes ?

downwardsfromzero wrote:
And do make sure that the cakes aren't too tasty

What do you mean by that ?

Thanks for the answer !
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 8/13/2022 9:41:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
If you have access to a fan oven you can cook at 180°C

Yes, it's about a fan oven ("chaleur tournante" Smile ) ; have you already baked mushes cakes ?

downwardsfromzero wrote:
And do make sure that the cakes aren't too tasty

What do you mean by that ?

Thanks for the answer !

Actually I've only really made tea or consumed them 'as-is', fresh or dried.

I tend to think tasty cakes carry a slight risk of eating more than you intended, but mostly in a tongue in cheek kind of way.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli