We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freezing Morning Glory seeds Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 8/12/2022 4:01:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, this thought just occurred to me.

Instead of grinding and soaking the seeds, what about putting them in water and freezing them? Then thawing, drinking the liquid and eating the seeds? Wouldn't this method soften the seeds enough to be chewed?

I've tried soaking other methods: Heating the water might destroy some of the alkaloids, and soaking for a long time in cold water might allow the start of some mold. But freezing?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 8/12/2022 5:55:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is still some debate on what chemicals the seeds contain. I've been very successful in grinding the seeds, then doing a naphta wash (soaking the seeds in naphta for 15 minutes, stirring and then discarding the naphta) and just consuming the seeds raw. If you skip the naphtha wash you might get some nasty chemicals, but I'm not sure and if you do the naphta wash, eating the plant material doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Works well in a party setting.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 8/12/2022 7:27:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why do you soak in naptha?
I'd like to eat the raw plant material, but the seeds are usually so hard they start breaking my teeth when I chew them. Fresh would be ideal, but that's not always available.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 8/12/2022 12:33:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Naphta soak is to remove the unwanted chemicals that are the purported reason for the stomach pain that gives the seeds so bad a reputation. I don't know for sure if it's necessary, but at least I have had very little nausea.

I recommend buying a cheap espresso grinder for processing the seeds. Got one for 20 €.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 8/12/2022 4:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't need to soak with naphtha then. These seeds are organic/not treated.

I rarely have nausea when I consume LSA-containing seeds anyway.

And I am specifically trying to avoid using a grinder. Thanks
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 8/13/2022 2:35:14 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

RhythmSpring wrote:
I don't need to soak with naphtha then. These seeds are organic/not treated.
The naphtha soak (also) removes lipophilic irritant substances produced by the plant itself. But seeing as you report little in the way of nausea it does indeed look like you can omit that step.

I've brewed coffee recently in a similar way with good results (although the beans were ground, of course). This suggests that you may get something by collecting the meltwater. And anyhow, if that proves disappointing you will still have the seeds to chew. The main thing is to protect the solution from light while the thawing takes place.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli