We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mission Statement thread Options

Shpongle
#1 Posted : 2/11/2010 2:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow Nexians! Smile

This is a thread that will become sort of a scrapbook area for the mission statement. So here are some helpful guideline for productive ideas! Please display upon this thread your thoughts on the following:

*What entheogens are in your life
*Why you feel strongly about our cause
*Any reasons you feel that we need a foundation liberating Entheogens
*Progressive thoughts about what direction you'd like to see the future take

Okay I kept it simple for now as ideas also have a way of sparking into existence through creative synergy! Hopefully out of this thread we will begin to mold a mission statement that we have all created so that it speaks for just about everyone, and that way we can have the credibility we need to present ourselves with dignity.
A great deal of meditation is required

Fear the Journey not the cops

FunFUnFUN

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Acolyte
#2 Posted : 2/11/2010 2:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 2/11/2010 2:51:48 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Work on the mission statement has already been going on at the Wiki, you can find that here: Click!

I also changed the titel of this thread to be more clear about it's content...

Other key info (from the Wiki):
Quote:
Definition of a mission statement: "a short, formally written statement of an organizations purpose that guides the actions of the organization towards specific goals."

The mission statement consists of:

A statement containing the reason for using your service.
A statement of some desired future vision.
A statement of the key values the organization is committed to.
A statement of major goals.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Shpongle
#4 Posted : 2/11/2010 2:55:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel that a problem which we are addressing with this project is that until today there are so many people who are completely in the dark about what we are talking about.

That leads to a greater issue that people do not let entheogens into their lives because it has a negative air about it, brought on by cultural demonizing. But then again we are also that culture and nothing thrives more than liberation, its a refreshing step back from the world's problems.

Every day we have issues pushed in our face until we have to conclude our personal limitations, and each passing day we have less and less tolerance, and entheogens allow us to finally think for ourselves, and they allow us to use our basic human abilities to judge the world through clear observations.

Pharmaceutical companies stay in business when they feed off one another for marketing consumer competition and this creates a brainwash effect. People do not know anymore that they can have better lives and experience thorough freedom just by using the simple tinctures and vitality of ther Earth. What is the broader spanned collaboration on this subject? Entheogens are viewed widely as an act of sin, and something that lacks long view potential.

Which is a totally minor discrepancy, if you look at what we are doing here with this liberation foundation, we are developing a way that people will agree to take our side and so that way what we say goes! The government is not some evil and tyrannus complex machine that is completely impenetrable...they simply are not a marketing agent. If we go around and tell the world that there is a new way, and people go looking for this new way, well that's called demand.

Marijuana has not been growing more and more positively viewed because of some fluke record keeping accident, or misplace dossiers. The government knows very well what Marijuana is and does, however the demand for it had not yet reached econimc worth, until extremely recent times.

We are not fighting a war here we are pushing our way through the crowd. There are hands reaching out from every angle and which ever hand passes more swiftly through to the right places are the hands which receive their fair take. So as far as a mission statement is concerned, it is not a bunch of unanswered questions, it is more like a list of demands from the collective people.

Our job is simple educate and collaborate, with this collaboration we can do a job that is simply not being done. I beg you to take a part in this action, and do something for us all!

FunFUnFUN

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 2/11/2010 3:15:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Here's option one:
Quote:
The Coalition for Entheogenic Liberties (CEL) purports to raise awareness regarding the spiritual use of entheogenic botanicals and substances by enthusiastically and openly representing the entheogenic community and by appealing to outside support in the form of professional scientific and medical opinion and research, legal advocacy and council, and the sympathy and interest of the general public. The coalition considers the current or expanding illicit status of entheogens to be unfounded, unconstitutional, and in violation of fundamental human rights, and it seeks to publicly expound on these points as well as organize peaceful upheaval of the policies of prohibition and social taboos bred therein.

As a public facet of the entheogenic community, the coalition will bring to light the community's core advocacy of responsibility and sincerity of intent in entheogenic practice, as well as its many achievements and discoveries. The coalition will also express the therapeutic potential of the community's practices and the implication of its inheritance from the aboriginal cultures currently and historically of common practice.

The goals of the coalition are as follows:

1. To raise awareness regarding the entheogenic community's beneficent nature and purpose.
2. To alleviate the unnecessary legal and social strain on the entheogenic community by way of general advocacy.
3. To promote responsible practice and sincerity within the entheogenic community.

Note that the name used merely reflects my vote in the matter, but the name in the mission statement will obviously be changed to that of the agreed upon name. This statement is also open to editions, but if changed too drastically and not to any degree of favor for myself, as the original author, the editions will be undone and split off to be preserved as a separate and independent option. I'm open to collaboration as long as we can work together, so suggestions?

#6 Posted : 2/11/2010 4:03:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

amor_fati wrote:
Here's option one:
Quote:
The Coalition for Entheogenic Liberties (CEL) purports to raise awareness regarding the spiritual use of entheogenic botanicals and substances by enthusiastically and openly representing the entheogenic community and by appealing to outside support in the form of professional scientific and medical opinion and research, legal advocacy and council, and the sympathy and interest of the general public. The coalition considers the current or expanding illicit status of entheogens to be unfounded, unconstitutional, and in violation of fundamental human rights, and it seeks to publicly expound on these points as well as organize peaceful upheaval of the policies of prohibition and social taboos bred therein.

As a public facet of the entheogenic community, the coalition will bring to light the community's core advocacy of responsible practice and sincerity of intent in entheogenic practice, as well as its many achievements and discoveries. The coalition will also express the therapeutic potential of the community's practices and the implication of its inheritance from the aboriginal cultures currently and historically of common practice.

The goals of the coalition are as follows:

1. To raise awareness regarding the entheogenic community's beneficent nature and purpose.
2. To alleviate the unnecessary legal and social strain on the entheogenic community by way of general advocacy.
3. To promote responsible practice and sincerity within the entheogenic community.

Note that the name used merely reflects my vote in the matter, but the name in the mission statement will obviously be changed to that of the agreed upon name. This statement is also open to editions, but if changed too drastically and not to any degree of favor for myself, as the original author, the editions will be undone and split off to be preserved as a separate and independent option. I'm open to collaboration as long as we can work together, so suggestions?

I like this alot amor. Well written Smile

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 2/11/2010 4:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

DMTtripn2Space wrote:
I like this alot amor. Well written Smile

Ah, thanks! It's still undergoing some minor editions, so check the wiki regularly for the most up-to-date version.

Shpongle
#8 Posted : 2/11/2010 4:52:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

good stuff Amor, I really like it! Its very aggressive. This will prove to be a great help in the matter of oppression that entheogens are receiving, as it is not only a matter of misrepresentation but efforts of science are constantly being thwarted!!

FunFUnFUN

kaos.underwave
#9 Posted : 2/11/2010 6:25:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice one Amor, concise and comprehensive. Usually I have some kind of criticism but that is more or less perfect, very well thought out indeed
Onwards and upwards

Mendblade
#10 Posted : 2/11/2010 6:55:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes kudos amor wonderfully stated would make for a great statement on a flier or handout, concise yet captures the essence of the cause, well done.
Om Namah Shivaya

ragabr
#11 Posted : 2/11/2010 7:56:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amor, thank you for putting this excellent statement forward!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Oncewas
#12 Posted : 2/13/2010 6:18:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Perfect Amor. Couldn't have said it better!

cker
#13 Posted : 1/20/2011 5:18:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The US has experienced 80+ years of government propaganda, misinformation and moral demonizing about the use of illegal drugs. IMHO rational debate is necessary but insufficient to remove prejudice. Even the medical community (who should be the voice of reason and facts) have been co-opted and funded to falsify information like manipulating MRI images of a brain to create the illusion that MDMA causes holes in user's brains (etc). The public sees 'drug users' as immoral and seperate from the "good people who work hard and play by the rules". The "good people" can't relate to why someone would want to use an illegal and immoral drug.

Medical marijuana supporters have managed to move their agenda. Perhaps that serves as a good model but MJ and psychedelics have very different public images. Current medical psychedelic research is a good sign but it still may be a long time before the public eases up about psychedelics. Leary got it right with his comment,"LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have NOT taken it."

Another path to tolerance is developing and it could be an important one. The NAC, UDV and several other peyote based churches have made significant legal inroads for those with sincere religous intent. America was originally founded by groups of persecuted religious mis-fits. The remnants of these 'fringe' churches survive and form the basis of a large portion of American mainstream religion. Even the conservative US Supreme Court has trouble meddeling in religion since many of the most conservative churches are still on the fringe. (example:Sarah Palin de-witching)

America is a religous country. My sense of the psychedelic community is that most members don't partake just to get high. Using psychedelics takes a lot of work and most participants are not casual about who, what, where, when or why they trip. I would say most psychedelic use IS for sincere spiritual purposes and people of any faith should be able to relate to that need. I'm not saying people of different faiths easily accept other beliefs or practices, but at least they can relate to the need for tolerance of a belief or practice. Not being able to relate is a part large part of the barrier that must be smashed for tolerance to occur. It will take more than a set of rational arguments to eliminate the irrational perception people have towards psychedelics.

Edit: Forgive me Sarah Palin for using your church as an example of absurdity. I'm sure you think my church is immoral and absurd as well. I strongly believe you should be able to worship as you wish. Could you please do the same for me?

MadPlanter
#14 Posted : 8/22/2013 8:03:54 PM

plant enthusiast

Wonderful collaboration of minds here. I started out at another forum first but recently I'm moving more toward here. I see a lot of help growing and giving advice elsewhere but not a whole lot toward active perpetuation of doing things to help actually bring the cause if you will to light. Its kinda like hiding in a corner with other crack heads because your ashamed because its bad. Not saying that was a good analogy but otherwise afraid to stand up and say I do this and I think its okay with due responsibility.
I have thrown around in my head a lot recently what I could do as an individual toward the cause. Some bad ideas like tagging buildings with inconspicuous yet intriguing slogans like "What's DMT?" and "Remember LSD?" Things that would cause sincere curiosity in people and cause them to Google it or something and directly cause them to expose themselves to information. Inevitably some people would find the information fascinating and possibly do something within their own lives to expose themselves willing to these sacraments.

Disclaimer: That above statement was and still is a horrible idea and no one which includes myself should ever do that because it is inherently illegal in and of itself. I'm not responsible for anyone who may decide on their own terms to take such vigilante action for our beloved cause and commit said crime.

Other ideas more legal in nature include sending free information pamphlets to literally all available addresses one by one starting with the continental USA. I realize its an enormous undertaking but isn't it not to also change the minds of all individuals to a more rounded view of entheogens? That is a beginning point that is technically not so unrealistic. It only takes truly dedicated individuals willing to "waste time" on clearing the name of all entheogenics. I personally feel its anything but a waste of time but a duty. I'm however not close to rich or even well off.
Am I being too hardcore thinking like this? I truly am for this cause. I feel there are others out there like me but I could be wrong. I would hope not though as places like the nexus exist right? Maybe someone just needs to be the first to actually make the moves. Could this be me you ask? Why not you too I ask humbly...