We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
[CEL] LOGO for our new organisation Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 2/10/2010 1:55:14 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi All,

The new organisation also needs a good logo. Maybe it's better that we wait with this one until we finalize the name for the new organisation. However, if you already got good ideas then please throw them out in this thread.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

69ron
#2 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:36:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a nice looking Mayan or Aztec symbol that means entheogen that we could copy?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

clouds
#3 Posted : 2/12/2010 3:15:33 AM

Human

69ron wrote:
Is there a nice looking Mayan or Aztec symbol that means entheogen that we could copy?

According to wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xochipilli

wikipedia wrote:
Xochipilli was the god of art, games, beauty, dance, flowers, maize, and song in Aztec mythology. His name contains the Nahuatl words xochitl (flower) and pilli (either "prince" or child), and hence means "flower prince". As the patron of writing and painting, he was called Chicomexochitl "Seven-flower", but he could also be referred to as Macuilxochitl "Five-flower"

wikipedia wrote:
In the mid-1800s, a 16th-century Aztec statue of Xochipilli was unearthed on the side of the volcano Popocatépetl near Tlalmanalco. The statue is of a single figure seated upon a temple-like base. Both the statue and the base upon which it sits are covered in carvings of sacred and psychoactive plants including mushrooms (Psilocybe aztecorum), tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum), Ololiúqui (Rivea corymbosa), sinicuichi (Heimia salicifolia), possibly cacahuaxochitl (Quararibea funebris), and one unidentified flower. The figure himself kneels on the base, head tilted up, eyes open, jaw tensed, with his mouth half open and his arms raised to the heavens. The statue is currently housed in the Museo Nacional de Antropología in Mexico City.

Entheogen Connection

It has been suggested by Wasson, Schultes, and Hofmann that the statue of Xochipilli represents a figure in the throes of entheogenic ecstasy. The position and expression of the body, in combination with the very clear representations of hallucinogenic plants which are known to have been used in sacred contexts by the Aztec support this interpretation.

Wasson says "He is absorbed in temicxoch, 'the flowery dream', as the Nahua say in describing the awesome experience that follows the ingestion of an entheogen. I can think of nothing like it in the long and rich history of European art: Xochipilli absorbed in temicxoch" of the statue of Xochipilli.

... I don't know about any symbol that means entheogen, but I will ask a friend that may know more about this.

P.S. I wouldn't recommend Xochipilli, since its already the image/logo of Gaian Botanicals... but hey, they don't own it... so I guess the idea is still here.

Pandora
#4 Posted : 2/12/2010 4:03:07 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello,

I would love to see a sort of spiral shape. There is an image in the center and the shape of this image is a circle - perhaps one of the suggested images above. Then as the viewer progresses outwards on the spiral shape, s/he views another entheogenically themed image, and so on through a couple of go arounds all the way out. Perhaps a couple of other images could be added beyond the actual borders of the spiral, yet progressing in the same general direction they would have if the drawing had continued . . . but perhaps these final images could be given the kind of classical "melting" effect . . .

Wish I could draw, paint, animate or anything. Wish I even had some specific suggestions for images. This was just an idea I wanted to share. . .

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 2/12/2010 4:13:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My only thought - for now - is that I would love to see the earth in our logo. It will show that this is not only about one country, or one culture, but for the freedom of thought of every human being in every culture. I would also love to see a plant or a reference to a plant. Combined, this will give a good image of what we stand for.

Maybe something like this? (The image is found through Google Images, taken from www.greenhomehugger.com)
Ginkgo attached the following image(s):
tree_earth.jpg (26kb) downloaded 696 time(s).

corridors of my cells
#6 Posted : 2/13/2010 1:50:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dudes i also asked to the trav.. just need the style, colors, and the themes.. i told a friend whos good at this logo thing and he said he will be happy to donate us few logos and we chose Smile
so what is the concept for the logo.. which symbols or themes we gonna use is better, with which colors, how minimalistic and stuff... just argue those then ill tell friend and we will have our own special logo SmileSmile

breakMYhead
#7 Posted : 2/13/2010 2:21:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How about the galactic butterfly?

You'll have to google it (i'm posting from my phone - can't easily put the image in) if you're not already familiar with it but I think it sums up what the organisation is about and is nice and simple.
i post on behalf of a good friend.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 2/13/2010 3:36:37 PM

"No, seriously"

For a logo I was thinking about something that shows were we stand for. We stand for the freedom to use entheogens as we like. We want to be the master of our own bodies as it comes to entheogens.

For that I thought about a logo that shows a combination of the Avatar of Evening Glory together with a plant. You see the inner light that the entheogens brings and the plant symbolized what we want to ingest.

As an example I made a quick and dirty image to give you all the idea that I have, I attached it to this post. Of course this has to be made into a bit more professional version.

The Traveler attached the following image(s):
cel.png (9kb) downloaded 651 time(s).

Mendblade
#9 Posted : 2/13/2010 3:43:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very niceLaughing Very happy
Om Namah Shivaya

Ginkgo
#10 Posted : 2/13/2010 3:48:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, yeah, I like that! And that is not only because it's my avatar... Pleased If we use that exact image as a basis, we should contact the artist to ask for permission. Her name is Melanie Weidner, the painting is named Deep Breath.

corridors of my cells
#11 Posted : 2/13/2010 4:06:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
For a logo I was thinking about something that shows were we stand for. We stand for the freedom to use entheogens as we like. We want to be the master of our own bodies as it comes to entheogens.

For that I thought about a logo that shows a combination of the Avatar of Evening Glory together with a plant. You see the inner light that the entheogens brings and the plant symbolized what we want to ingest.

As an example I made a quick and dirty image to give you all the idea that I have, I attached it to this post. Of course this has to be made into a bit more professional version.

very nice idea trav.. Smile i strongly aggree it should be something like that.. lets see what will come out of this idea..

ambi-lysergance
#12 Posted : 2/13/2010 4:09:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really like this image trav, its so subtle yet equally powerfull
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

69ron
#13 Posted : 2/13/2010 5:43:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the planet with the tree that Evening Glory posted, but it's too complex for a logo. I like the idea of a yopo tree, or mimosa tree, but again, I think a simple logo is best. One that is more of a symbol that a picture.

I like something that looks organic, the earth, trees, etc. I also like something that is related to native entheogen use, an Aztec or Mayan symbol modified for our purposes.

I don’t like a very colorful logo that’s complex. It’s hard to remember visually.

I thought something like a symbol that’s an outline of a man’s head with a mimosa leaf inside his brain might be a good symbol. It symbolizes the use of plants to alter consciousness. The leaf connects you to nature, and doesn’t appear as a drug to most people. A mimosa leaf or a caapi leaf could be used, but again, more a symbol of the leaf and not an actual photo. Maybe 3 colors: white background, black outline of the head, and green for leaf. It’s simple, to the point, and easy to remember.

I have professional art skills, but I lack the time to draw it at the moment. I’ll submit some images when I have a little more time.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

amor_fati
#14 Posted : 2/14/2010 9:42:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

A logo that can be easily stenciled is usually best, though the official version can be a bit more detailed. Something like what Traveler posted demonstrates the natural and spiritual connections quite well, but somehow merging that with the style of Mayan hieroglyphs to some degree and including some tribute to peyote using cultures would perhaps be appropriate.

Aegle
#15 Posted : 2/14/2010 9:54:00 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Maybe at the center there could be a vibration layered heart, with peyotes and the like surrounding the heart? Just a thought? :b

Much Peace and Wonder
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 2/16/2010 2:45:11 PM

"No, seriously"

I've continued toying with the logo and integrageted the idea from 69ron. I made one with an empty outline and one with the head filled with a (red like) color.

This is the result:
_small.png (37kb) downloaded 558 time(s).

The Traveler
#17 Posted : 2/16/2010 7:58:59 PM

"No, seriously"

I made the logo more Mayan, I think it's much better now. Very happy

mayan.png (19kb) downloaded 539 time(s).

sunshineandsmiles
#18 Posted : 2/16/2010 8:36:02 PM

Sol-Id

Love it Trav Smile
TIME WILL TELL...

clouds
#19 Posted : 2/16/2010 8:59:06 PM

Human

Just an idea, I will try to improve later today (I'm in a hurry right now)

You can Laugh at this, I did. But its just a basic idea. Laughing

clouds attached the following image(s):
idea.jpg (23kb) downloaded 525 time(s).

Ginkgo
#20 Posted : 2/16/2010 9:51:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I must admit, The Traveler, that I find that logo a bit... Unhuman? I want a more organic, more natural feeling over it. I like the idea, but something about the shape of the head is just not right...

123NEXT»