We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting those big crystals Options

DreamWaves
#1 Posted : 1/1/2010 7:07:49 PM

SWIM

So I've already got some spice extracted, so I'm in no hurry to do this next extraction. So I have time, and patience.

Currently I have 3 quart jars, each soaking in 750ML of water, 50ML LYE, 50G MHRB. They've been soaking well over night.
So all total I have 150grams of MHRB soaking in lye/water.

Normally I add the naptha, roll around for a minute, let separate, and repeat 2 more times. Then I pull the naptha layer off and place in some kind of glass pan with a lid of some kind, placed in the freezer over night. Next morning I usually get lots of small little snow flake looking crystals, all very flat.

Well since I'm in no hurry I thought it would be fun to see if I can pull some larger crystals, the ones that look like quartz rock hehe.

I read somewhere on the site on a way to do this, but failed to relocate the thread/tek. If anyone could link me, or maybe give me some advice I'd greatly appreciate it. See ya guys in hyperspace!

- DreamWaves

"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence Mckenna

"Once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - Hunter S. Thompson

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 1/1/2010 8:08:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First get suitably clean product (recrystallise/clean with activated charcoal if you have it).

Redissolve it in a minimal amount of clean solvent. If it is saturated it will become very cloudy at room temperature. Add some more solvent to stop it clouding.

Leave your solution at room temperature somewhere it’s unlikely to be disturbed for a few days. Adding a seed crystal to the solution will encourage initial crystal growth. Whether or not you evap shouldn’t matter too much, but allowing evaporation will speed things up a bit.

Leave the container for a few days, be patient and don't fiddle with it and you should grow some nice big crystals Smile
D × V × F > R

DreamWaves
#3 Posted : 1/1/2010 11:55:26 PM

SWIM

Awesome, I appreciate the help.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence Mckenna

"Once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - Hunter S. Thompson

Otiliya
#4 Posted : 1/7/2010 1:16:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Biggest crystals swim has personally ever seen formed were from slowly evaporating room temperature naptha.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 1/7/2010 1:25:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Big crystals are all about removing the impurities first and then manipulating conditions i.e. temperature so that they form very slowly.

q21q21
#6 Posted : 1/7/2010 4:41:15 AM

SWIM

SWIM got some decent sized crystals using a shallow wine glass with saran wrap covering and several pin holes in the top. Just an idea. SWIM thinks that the seed crystal is very important even if it just a tiny pile of powdery crystals at the bottom.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

MagikVenom
#7 Posted : 1/7/2010 5:15:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Clean you spice to transparency. Redissolve in naptha of heptane using JUST ENOUGH solvent that will completely dissolve all the spice with no clouding of solvent and NO small amount of percipation present.

I use a 200ml mason jar for this. I chill the solvent in the freezer. Then I place a seed crystal that is a SLATE not a NEEDLE crystal into the solution.

You can obtain a slate seed by complete evaporation of a small amount of some transparent spice in naptha or heptane.

Cover the mason jar using the jar ring and a coffie filter in place of the lid. If your seed crystal dissolves you used to much solvent or the temp is to high try again.

If your seed crystal holds up place the jar in a cool place the cooler the better and allow the solvent to evaporated the slower the better. Your crystal should grow as a solid block no needles! The slower the solvent evaps the better. Remove the crystal before the last bit of solvent evaps it may take a month of more depending on amount of solvent.

I love these big slates because I can pick them up an quickly snap off a solid CHUNK. These chunks vaporize better than needles or freeze percepit fluff. And you can handle them with your fingers just not to long they will melt.

They are also resistant to long term oxidation because of there limited surface area as compared to needles or fluff.

Good Luck

Peace
MV

shoe
#8 Posted : 2/8/2010 9:37:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ouh, growing crystals great fun! it doesn't have to be DMT either, copper sulphate and alum make lovely crystals each.
tie a seed crystal to a thread, and immerse it in supersaturated stock for a crystal on a string!
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

#9 Posted : 2/8/2010 9:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you have grown some awesome crystals MV. Any pictures of those to share?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

dtabbler
#10 Posted : 2/12/2010 6:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too would like to see your results magikvenom as i've been playing with creating large crystals lately.. i've got one at 350mg right now but would like a 1g rock Smile
Who's this SWIM person and when do I get to meet them? They sound friken cool!

tryptographer
#11 Posted : 2/12/2010 9:31:53 PM

tryptamine photographer

shoe wrote:
ouh, growing crystals great fun! it doesn't have to be DMT either, copper sulphate and alum make lovely crystals each.
tie a seed crystal to a thread, and immerse it in supersaturated stock for a crystal on a string!

This one of chrome alum was grown on the bottom, the sides are over 3 cm - great fun indeed!
tryptographer attached the following image(s):
pyramid1.png (531kb) downloaded 1,591 time(s).

mumbles
#12 Posted : 2/17/2010 3:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like some kinda alien artifact Shocked good stuff.

ragabr
#13 Posted : 2/17/2010 4:41:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW, that's awesome!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

shoe
#14 Posted : 3/11/2010 4:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tryptographer wrote:
shoe wrote:

This one of chrome alum was grown on the bottom, the sides are over 3 cm - great fun indeed!

NICE!!!

Its like a that stone obilisk from dune
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Gir
#15 Posted : 4/16/2010 2:31:27 PM

Gir

SWIM is wondering, if he used just a bit (less than 100mL) of cold cold naptha, would he be able to get good results? and would it be easier to keep it in a fridge for a day+ ? so the seed crystal would be able to grab a few extra molecules? Then start the slow evap process?

How does slowly evappping create such large crystals? Isnt spice soluble in warm naptha? (Even room temp?)

after 2 days in the freezer, and evapping some of the naptha of the third pull, SWIM told me he was left with:

sorry for the blurryness. The crystals in question are ~0.5cm-0.7cm long. SWIM will measure and pic tonight Smile
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

dtabbler
#16 Posted : 4/22/2010 5:25:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is attempting a 3-5g crystal. He will make a post on it in a few weeks if successful.

lyserge
#17 Posted : 4/22/2010 7:19:13 PM

polyfather anomalous

dtabbler wrote:
Swim is attempting a 3-5g crystal. He will make a post on it in a few weeks if successful.

I'm looking forward to this report, SWIM has had luck with growing bunches of 20-30 mg crystals but Spice seems to enjoy making more smaller crystals as opposed to single bigger crystals.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

dtabbler
#18 Posted : 4/22/2010 7:54:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swims largest attempt so far was a 180mg. Now he has a considerable amount to work with making options that wouldn't normally be possible now quite possible.

DimethylSpice
#19 Posted : 4/29/2010 7:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dtabbler wrote:

Please update me on the progress of this.

that sounds crazy.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

Phlux-
#20 Posted : 4/29/2010 7:46:39 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

first xtal i grew was 360mg or so - pix are on the forum(in a few threads)
im amped to try again very soon.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.