We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Just wanted to share Options

Doctor Mario
#1 Posted : 7/24/2022 5:55:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I snapped some cool pics of my first extractions and wanted to share them with you all. Thank you for being so welcoming and a special thanks to the ones that compile the teks and resources that make it easy for the non-chemists to follow.

I spent quite a bit of time reading here over the course of about a month before thinking of trying to extract and I even found interest in basic chemistry.

The flask on the left is A/B and the jar on the right is STB.

STB Before Wash and Re-X

STB After Wash and Re-X

A/B

Some things that I thought looked cool

Some Changa blends I'm toying with

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 7/24/2022 6:04:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Beautiful pics!

The reading has clearly paid off.

Glad to see you're experimenting with changa carrier herbs, interested to hear what mixes you like Smile

My current mix is with mullein, sage, basil, as well as some caapi leaf and chacruna leaf.

Doctor Mario
#3 Posted : 7/24/2022 6:20:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm really excited to have a go with Changa. I avoided Caapi leaf because I was told that it's similar to tobacco which I don't really care for. I'm just waiting for some Peganum Harmala seeds to arrive so I can extract the harmalas and see whay riding the Changa train is all about.

I've been smoking individual herbs for a few weeks now to test their smokeability. So far the go to mix is 30% Lemon Balm, 30% Marshmallow Leaf, 20% Mullein and 20% Blue Lotus Petals (Percentages by weight). The Blue Lotus Petals are pretty dense so 20% isn't very much but it looks beautiful and increases presentability.

I did place a small order for Caapi leaves (25g). I wonder how concentrated those would need to be to use only around 10-20% of the leaf.

Homo Trypens
#4 Posted : 7/24/2022 6:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use harmalas extracted from syrian rue as well. The caapi and chacruna in my mix are more for reverence than as an active ingredient. They are from my own plants.

Now that the caapi has grown a bit, i might actually try a changa batch with more caapi and no rue harmalas.

Your mix sounds quite delicious!

Doctor Mario
#5 Posted : 7/24/2022 7:24:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:

Your mix sounds quite delicious!

As does yours. I'd love to grow my own herbs. Maybe that will be my next project.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 7/24/2022 8:07:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Really loving the pictures! Thank you for sharing.

I have been one to use mostly caapi derived harmalas and am getting more into rue harmalas. I'm aware there's a slight difference. I've been smoking some rue extract ("full spec"Pleased in bowls of cannabis which has been really nice so will be making a new changa batch soon to try it out. Only downside is the rue harmalas I have I did not extract, but I feel the same "essence" is still there.

I have several blends presently, all made a while ago, and I don't remember the exact amounts.

1. Mullen, blue lotus, damiana, passionflower.
2. Marshmallow leaf, blue lotus, skullcap.
3. Mullen, choliponga, calendula, blue lotus.
4. Marshmallow leaf, pau d'arco, blue lotus, passionflower.

Clearly, I really enjoy blue lotus and passionflower. I think some of the new blends I'll make with forgo them.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Doctor Mario
#7 Posted : 7/24/2022 8:31:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been debating whether or not to extract my own harmalas. It seems that Rue is kinda hard to find.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 7/24/2022 8:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Doctor Mario wrote:
I've been debating whether or not to extract my own harmalas. It seems that Rue is kinda hard to find.

I think it may depend on where one lives. It's easy for me personally.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Homo Trypens
#9 Posted : 7/24/2022 9:10:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doctor Mario wrote:

"Syrian rue", "Peganum harmala", "Esphand", "Harmal" are the most typical names. Should be easy to find online, eg. on ebay. It could also be in stock at middle eastern stores.

It's usually pretty cheap (i get it under 35€/kg) and yields around 5%.

Doctor Mario
#10 Posted : 7/24/2022 9:15:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did go the ebay route but the shipping time is a bit long. I'm gonna look into some other options and see if I can find it cheaper. In not sure if we have any middle eastern stores around here.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 7/31/2022 4:06:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Homo Trypens wrote:
Doctor Mario wrote:

"Syrian rue", "Peganum harmala", "Esphand", "Harmal" are the most typical names. Should be easy to find online, eg. on ebay. It could also be in stock at middle eastern stores.

It's usually pretty cheap (i get it under 35€/kg) and yields around 5%.

This makes me even happier to have purchased 1kg rue from a nearby middle-eastern grocer's for under €10, bus fare not included. It's tempting to get in touch with the importer...

Very nice pics, btw, Doctor Mario!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

abecedarian
#12 Posted : 7/31/2022 5:20:45 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

Yum yum, gimmie sum.

I'd eat your yellow and smoke your white.

Great job.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©