We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Elaeagnus MAO inhibition Options

dithyramb
#1 Posted : 7/23/2022 7:03:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey folks,

My experience with Elaeagnus angustifolia bark is clear in that it does not inhibit MAO A. İt not only does not activate DMT containing plants on it's own, it even blocks the MAO A inhibiting activity of rue when combined with it in a more than very minor ratio. However a clear adrenergic stimulation is felt and I am pretty certain that it inhibits MAO B.

I value the clarity and modulation this plant brings to the Ayahuasca analogue experience and am curious to hear from Chimp z and other people who claim to have achieved MAO A inhibition to activate phalaris or other plants. Are you guys certain that it was the Elaeagnus which did the activation? If so, could it be that the leaves have MAO A inhibiting ability? Or what else could be going on?

The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

doubledog
#2 Posted : 7/24/2022 12:09:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAO B inhibition could be interesting with cactus. Did you try Elaeagnus with mescaline?

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 7/24/2022 12:56:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried cactus with rue but not with Elaeagnus.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 7/24/2022 1:17:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

İt's also interesting how there is not a single account of somebody using rue root successfully as an maoi for DMT. Perhaps nobody else tried, but İ did and curiously, despite being known to have a good amount of harmine, it also did not activate DMT and even blocked the seeds when mixed together. İ don't know if this information matters to anybody,. but perhaps the presence of certain alkaloids does not guarantee the effects of these alkaloids, depending on the rest of the constituents. İ will be experimenting with Elaeagnus leaves and also seeds.

~ Pablo Amaringo