We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
RIP Ann Shulgin Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 7/12/2022 2:31:53 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Ann Shulgin passed away 7/9, at the age of 91. I was fortunate to have shaken her and her husband's hands after the global premiere of Dirty Pictures in March 2010. Of course, she had maintained a large presence of support for the psychedelic community, and was a genuinely beautiful person.

Rest in peace, you will be missed.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jungleheart
#2 Posted : 7/12/2022 9:29:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rest in peace

8-Serpent-Wind
#3 Posted : 7/16/2022 8:53:45 PM

Retired from Forum

Dear Ann,
I admire the impact you have had and the difference your contributions made.
I know you will continue to inspire countless people who relate to your voice and experiences.
-
Thank you!
You will be missed.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 7/17/2022 1:25:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

If there's any person that I'd never met that I've always wanted to give the biggest hug to, it's Ann. A truly novel purity of spirit.

Rest in Peace

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ThresholdExplorer
#5 Posted : 7/19/2022 12:41:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So much appreciation for the life and work of these two humans.

Rest In Peace.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 7/22/2022 6:14:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

RIP Ann Shulgin, one of the greats of the psychedelic renaissance.

My appreciation for her work has only grown as my own understanding of the true value of psychedelics has deepened.

A sad loss for us all - though she is surely one who understood the way forward into the void that follows this plane of life.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

VegasNightStar
#7 Posted : 8/19/2022 9:10:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

<3

Rest in peace.

neb
#8 Posted : 8/25/2022 7:38:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Absolute legend x
wake 'n breakthrough bebiii

Dozuki
#9 Posted : 9/2/2022 4:01:53 AM

Faustian Phytochem Investigator

Chemical expertSenior Member

Sorry to hear this news. I suppose at some point we ALL will meet on the other side!

-D.

Pandora
#10 Posted : 8/8/2023 3:31:46 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

The end of an era. And the new world is looking a bit grim on the RC front, now called NPS (novel psychoactive substances).

I sincerely hope the Shulgins will enjoy at least a bit of the internet immortality that is currently being enjoyed by Terence McKenna. Improbable due to the fact that they didn't speak publicly very often and most folks I've met who have PHIKAL and THIKAL only looked at the chemistry and disregarded the amazing, fantastical and delightful love story contained within.

Rest in peace next to Sasha. No need to go hand in hand now that it is All One.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Mitakuye Oyasin
#11 Posted : 8/8/2023 5:12:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a power couple. I sure hope someone worthy inherited the lab and their grove of cactus. Rest in Peace Ann.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

nexalizer
#12 Posted : 10/25/2023 11:29:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RIP, what a life they had together Smile
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

BundleflowerPower
#13 Posted : 10/26/2023 12:25:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

She's a psychedelic ancestor, along with Sasha

Th3k1d93
#14 Posted : 10/30/2023 1:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the sweetest souls i ever had the pleasure of meeting. Was at a conference just a few months after Sasha passed. I got to chat with her for maybe 10-15 minutes while eating a sandwich and sipping some tea in between speakers, and talk about the concept of love and partnership and two lives becoming one <3

Saw this pop up today on the feed, had to give my respect once more <3
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast