We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extracting caapi for microdosing help. Options

Arunachala
#1 Posted : 7/5/2022 8:59:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello..
This is my first post.. hopefully someone replies..

I have an idea to make a tincture from either just caapi or caapi plus some other ingredients to make a tincture for microdosing.
Thankyou
Smile
Wanting to reform the world without discovering one's true self is like trying to cover the world with leather to avoid the pain of walking on stones and thorns. It is much simpler to wear shoes.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 7/5/2022 9:51:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just use shorter boiling times. It's a bit wasteful, but you do get plenty of alkaloids with, say, two 30 minute boils. If you use peganum harmala instead of caapi, you don't need to worry so much about the economical aspect of wasting resources. I usually do just a fifteen minute boil with peganum harmala.

Quite a few people here enjoy drinking harmala tea on regular basis. You can adjust the dose to your preference. Harmalas are quite safe to take above the threshold dose (so it doesn't count technically as microdosing), so that you feel something, but are not tripping.

I don't see the point in adding DMT to the mix unless you want to trip. Of course it's very possible and worth trying to trip at very low doses. That may hinder your usual day routine and distract sleep, though.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Arunachala
#3 Posted : 7/6/2022 2:22:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thankyou for the reply🙏

Wanting to reform the world without discovering one's true self is like trying to cover the world with leather to avoid the pain of walking on stones and thorns. It is much simpler to wear shoes.

ShadedSelf
#4 Posted : 7/6/2022 2:57:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AFAIK harmalas are somewhat solube in alcohols.
I havent personally tried this, but if you let the vine sit in ethanol you might end up with a ready to go tincture.

Ideally you want to use something acidic and non toxic like vinegar to extract the alkaloids, vinegar might spoil easily though.
DeltaSpice has been doing something like this, using already extracted alkaloids instead and mixing them with DMT in vinegar.

Arunachala
#5 Posted : 7/6/2022 4:51:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
AFAIK harmalas are somewhat solube in alcohols.
I havent personally tried this, but if you let the vine sit in ethanol you might end up with a ready to go tincture.

🙏

ShadedSelf
#6 Posted : 7/6/2022 6:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmine and THH: approx 1.5 mg/ml, google says.
Iso is toxic, so it would only work for extracting, not to make the final tincture.

If we assume 1% alkaloid content (thats what Ive got from mine but could be up to 3% apparently), every 150 grams of vine would saturate 1 liter of ethanol... in theory.

Arunachala
#7 Posted : 7/6/2022 8:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
Harmine and THH: approx 1.5 mg/ml, google says.
Iso is toxic, so it would only work for extracting, not to make the final tincture.

If we assume 1% alkaloid content (thats what Ive got from mine but could be up to 3% apparently), every 150 grams of vine would saturate 1 liter of ethanol... in theory.

🤔

ShadedSelf
#8 Posted : 7/6/2022 10:06:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now that I think about it, ethanol might not be a good enough solvent to make a tinture, each drop would be a max of ≈0.075mg, vodka would be way less, I would look into vinegar here.

One thing to note is that sublingual, which is the way I assume microdosing tintures are administered, is more effective.

My experience, I tried 50mg orally for a while and went down to 25mg, more than that seemed to have a build up effect, perhaps from THH having quite a long half life.
That was pure extract though not sure if iso pulls other "impurities".

universecannon
#9 Posted : 7/8/2022 9:54:14 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Personally I would save caapi for larger brews and microdose harmine or harmalas from a rue extraction. Or if you want just brew up some caapi every couple weeks and take a sip every day of the amount you want. It's not worth extracting caapi IMO. It's a very precious and rare plant these days and the tea isn't half bad when it's not super reduced. You could even freeze some in ice cube trays

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Arunachala
#10 Posted : 7/8/2022 7:35:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
Personally I would save caapi for larger brews and microdose harmine or harmalas from a rue extraction. Or if you want just brew up some caapi every couple weeks and take a sip every day of the amount you want. It's not worth extracting caapi IMO. It's a very precious and rare plant these days and the tea isn't half bad when it's not super reduced. You could even freeze some in ice cube trays

Thankyou for this!

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 7/10/2022 1:48:10 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I read 3x 30min boils might be enough.. but I was wondering about using the pressure cooker to get more out at once..

- 3x30 will get the alkaloids out, but it seems that in longer boils thh is created via the reduction of harmaline, and brews high in thh are reported to be more profound and enjoyable overall, so it's recommended to do 3x3 hours to get this effect.

Absolutely use the pressure cooker, the higher temp should aid the thh conversion and require less time, so maybe try 3x30 min or 3x1 hour in the pc and see how that treats ya.

Also if anyone has any tips of other plants to add I would really appreciate it.. like chaliponga or chacruna? And also if anyone knows some names of some more healing plants or herbs I could add, ones that are mainly good for healing the digestive area.

I'd suggest working with the vine on it's own first, dial in your dosages and get to know it's effects. Then you can start adding other plants, commonly people will use chacruna, chaliponga, mimosa, or acacia to light up the brew. Ginger is always an excellent choice for the digestives, as is chamomile, but I don't know that I'd add em directly to a caapi brew. Caapi itself has been reported to be quite healing on the digestive system.

And finally what's the best way to store it and for how long will it still be good?

- Short term: just put it in a mason jar in the fridge, should be good up to several weeks.
Long term: freeze it, it should remain good indefinitely when frozen.

haapi caapi'in Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Arunachala
#12 Posted : 7/10/2022 1:04:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this.