We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Crystals Stuck to the Bottom of my Mason Jar!?! Options

creativegenius
#1 Posted : 7/30/2012 12:12:20 AM

Trapped in my mind

I am currently using Q21Q21's Tek on extracting DMT from 60g of Mimosa Hostilis Rootbark; I have successfully completed most of steps, and I am now on the Freeze Precipitation part of the project. So far, I have done 3 successful pulls and yielded a decent amount of crystals at the bottom of my Mason Jar containing the Naphtha. My question is how am I going to scrape all the DMT crystals at the bottom of my mason jar when the Naphtha evaps? The problem is that my jar is tall and narrow and impossible to put my hands in there and scrape the little crystals out.

This is my first time extracting DMT, and I've been looking around online, but haven't found a good answer so I was wondering if anyone on here can help me out?

Much Appreciated!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 7/30/2012 12:44:43 AM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Make changa/enhanced leaf. Pleased
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

nigl
#3 Posted : 7/30/2012 1:48:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

creativegenius wrote:
I am currently using Q21Q21's Tek on extracting DMT from 60g of Mimosa Hostilis Rootbark; I have successfully completed most of steps, and I am now on the Freeze Precipitation part of the project. So far, I have done 3 successful pulls and yielded a decent amount of crystals at the bottom of my Mason Jar containing the Naphtha. My question is how am I going to scrape all the DMT crystals at the bottom of my mason jar when the Naphtha evaps? The problem is that my jar is tall and narrow and impossible to put my hands in there and scrape the little crystals out.

This is my first time extracting DMT, and I've been looking around online, but haven't found a good answer so I was wondering if anyone on here can help me out?

Much Appreciated!

redissolve with naptha, pour into a large flat dish, let the naphtha evaporate --> done

acrosstheveil
#4 Posted : 7/30/2012 6:59:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

or just scrape it all out with a butter knife and let it dry on a flat surface. I'm not obsessed over getting pretty, big crystals when you can get the same quality substance using a quicker method. Powder vs. crystals...

Mister_Niles
#5 Posted : 7/30/2012 8:38:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are better vessels for freeze prcip. I use the Pyrex glassware with red plastic lids. A friend has recently switched to the ziploc brand glassware. He says the tops are better.
One of my favorites is the pyrex 7" x 11" x 2" baking dish. It comes with an airtight lid. Don't put the lid in the dishwasher though. It will shrink drastically. This dish is great because of the lit, the shallow depth and wide surface area. I also use the small bowls with airtight lids.
Get a better freeze precip dish, add warm naptha to your mason jar to dissolve the spice, put it in the new dish. Re precip. Scrape it all without hassle.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

creativegenius
#6 Posted : 7/30/2012 9:42:42 PM

Trapped in my mind

Okay, after letting the Mason Jar freeze precipitate for over 12 hours, I swirled the naphtha/dmt mixture to get as much of the crystals stuck to the bottom of the jar to dissolve into the naphtha, and then I poured my naphtha/dmt mixture onto a glass baking dish and let the naphtha evaporate. After it evaporated, I was left with only DMT goo on the baking dish? I used a razor blade to scrape the DMT goo up, mixed it with some Cannabis, and WOW I went on an Epic epic unexplainable journey.

I was wondering why I did not get the crystals/powder but DMT goo instead?

Yerba
#7 Posted : 7/30/2012 11:15:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The point of the freeze precipitation is to separate the DMT from everything else (plant oils, contaminants) that is dissolved in the naptha.

It would have been preferable to pour the naptha off as normal with that tek and then use either fresh naptha or something faster-evaporating like IPA or acetone to dissolve the DMT crystals and then evaporate that on a flat dish.

Glad it worked out for you, experience-wise!

NN-dymethl
#8 Posted : 7/3/2022 4:23:04 AM
NN-is how what saves me and you the same ,i hope the purest intention for all much love

so with too much sodium carb at the bottom of a jar, noticed it to be grow crystalline structures how does one get that carb out ?