We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Volcano Digit to Vape 5meo Options

yoguyblue
#1 Posted : 6/8/2022 9:22:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

Newbie here and excited to learn.

I've been facilitating bufo for a while and trying to change over to synthetic 5Meo to save toads. I haven't been successful using a glass pipe with the synthetic because the vapor is WAY too harsh (no doubt due to overheating). The bufo seems to have a much higher heat tolerance so glass pipe has worked fairly well.

I would LOVE to ditch the glass pipe and figure out how to use the Volcano digit to vape medicine. Would appreciate any feedback and ideas to optimize the experience. I've seen some comments by Volcano digit users, but not really a full setup/procedure. Feel free to redirect me if there already is a discussion on this.

1. Procedure. Is the goal to capture only one "lungful" of vapor in the bag so you can get all the medicine in a single hit?
-- I set the Volcano to 218C/424F. The vapor was definitely less harsh on the throat but still my lungs didn't like it and I had to prematurely cough.
-- Since 5Meo hits so quickly, I'm not sure if I could get another hit in, and at the same time, it seems challenging trying to get all medicine to vape in just one lungful worth (~1L).

2. Set-up. How do you put the medicine in the easy valve?
-- I put 50mg 5Meo freebase on a liquid pad which seemed to work well the first time, but then subsequent times, the vapor started generating slower and slower resulting in too much volume for a single hit. I assume the medicine is clogging the liquid pad so the air doesn't flow evenly on subsequent hits. Now I can't find any more liquid pads since they've been discontinued so looking for an alternative way to place the medicine in the easy valve. Sandwiched between screens? Suggestions?

Again, feel free to redirect me to a volcano digit vape discussion if I'm missing it.

Thank you!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 6/14/2022 8:43:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi there, and welcome.

Sorry your question seemed to have fallen by the wayside.

I can't answer it directly but it did set me thinking about what the other components of bufo venom are (well, technically it's Incillius venom now after reclassification!) Specifically, there could be some kind of mucus that is providing the thermal protection that allows the venom to be vaped from a pipe more smoothly than the pure crystals. Another possibility is that something acts akin to PG/VG in vape units and a kind of nebulization/aerosolization occurs. The 5-MeO would then be carried in the nebulized droplets.

Now, I'm no vaping expert but it may be worth considering if there is some suitable means of emulating this thermal tolerance shown by the venom. I kind of suspect - despite never having encountered toad venom - that there is some residual water content that assists in this process.

My thoughts turn inexorably to the recent threads about administering DMT salts in an e-vape liquid. There may be a salt of 5-MeO-DMT that is suited to this ROA so you may want to consider exploring the possibilities that e-vaping has to offer. Surely the 5-MeO exists in the toad as the salt form rather than the freebase, or am I mistaken here?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

yoguyblue
#3 Posted : 7/1/2022 8:21:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your welcome and response. I was surprised there aren't other people trying to use the volcano to vape! Hopefully, my notes will be helpful to someone else.

I agree that there must be something in the venom that is providing some kind of thermal protection.

Here is the 5 MeO on the liquid pad after trying to vape.

- The first dose vapes very quickly, but subsequent doses take longer and longer. This makes it impossible to get it to vape in one "lungful" of air volume.
- I'm guessing the first dose falls into the liquid pad deeper and vapes quickly, but it also clogs the liquid pad so subsequent doses can't get into the pad and effectively vape quickly.
- Finding the liquid pads is near impossible since they were discontinued by the mfg.
- Any suggestions for how to put the 5Meo into the volcano digit?

Here is bufo (errr... Incilius) venom I tried directly in the volcano screen (no liquid pad) after trying to vape.

-It seems charred to me, but I'm not sure it actually vaped. I also didn't feel much from the vape. I had the volcano on maximum temperature.
- I suspect there is still more 5Meo in these crystals. Maybe grinding them up will allow quicker heat transfer to allow it to vape quickly?

I'd love to get some vape procedure to work with the volcano. The glass pipe is not consistent and harsh. Any other ideas are much appreciated!