We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Geekvape aegis s100/solo2 TCR mode help Options

fink
#1 Posted : 6/28/2022 5:08:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm lost for answers via the interwebs. Also dont have the manual for the mod.

On the S100 TCR mode there are 4 options to fiddle with aside from target temperature.

Resistance: got this locked at the recommended atomizer value.

T: ? This is the one I cannot work out. Higher values seem to make the mesh get hotter to the point of way too much of a red glow.

Watts: got this set to 18 max

C: I think this one is puff counter?

Anyone got this mod and could help me understand please?

I've had some moderate success with fixed W mode but am not doing well at all with any of the temp control modes. Often with the max temp set to 200c the mod reports only reach 130c even though the mesh is close to melting point.

Thanks!

I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 6/28/2022 5:32:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

[Url=http://www.vaperclub.net/geekvape-s100-aegis-solo-2-kit-user-manual/] Hopefully this helps.[/quote]

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fink
#3 Posted : 6/28/2022 6:13:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheer Void. I already read through that exact article and a couple of others. None of them could help. Even found a PDF download of the manual but it was in chinese. Nothing so far online. Especially not in regard to properly vaporising spice. Very happy

More of a desperate shout out to anyone who might have this mod and has found a good set up for TCR mode

ShadedSelf
#4 Posted : 6/28/2022 6:57:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In TCR mode Watts will control how fast the coil heats up to the set temperature, the resistance will be read by the mod itself.

The T value is the TCR value for the different coil/mesh materials, should set itself by default but you can look around the internet for better numbers for your specific coil/mesh material.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 6/28/2022 7:31:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

fink wrote:
Cheer Void. I already read through that exact article and a couple of others. None of them could help. Even found a PDF download of the manual but it was in chinese. Nothing so far online. Especially not in regard to properly vaporising spice. Very happy

More of a desperate shout out to anyone who might have this mod and has found a good set up for TCR mode

Whoops my bad. I didn't get a chance to fully read it. Hopefully shadedself's advice will be productive.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fink
#6 Posted : 6/28/2022 8:12:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Shaded! So I should leave that T alone I guess. The mesh is SS standard strip that came with the RDA. Must be some confusion in the mod reading it as the settings I've read about here seem to give incinerated spice.

Determined to figure this out properly so I dont have to settle for fixed wattage mode.

ShadedSelf
#7 Posted : 6/28/2022 9:29:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are different SSs, but TCR should be around 100 for that.

If you are going the E-Mesh route, you have to find the temperature value yourself, TCR is good at keeping a stable temperature, possibly not so much at being precise in what that temperature actually is.

fink
#8 Posted : 6/29/2022 12:24:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, that makes sense. I'll do a few more trial runs and dial it in. It's scary putting the cap back on and taking a hit not knowing if it's going to rip my throat out. But it's worse watching spice melt away un-smoalked in tests (:

Edit: So found out the problem. The specific mesh type by wotofo has known issues in TCR mode. Dont know why I didn't go to youtube earlier. I'm getting old.

The hunt for the illusive vandyvape 316 mesh continues.

L-dreamer
#9 Posted : 6/30/2022 9:34:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I could never get my geekvape to function on the exact settings of TCR which you find online. I recommend switching to fix wattage mode, and simply use the lowest wattage that vaporizes the DMT in 10 seconds.
Start from 6-7 then go up, the number will vary depending on how large is your mesh. It's the most easy and practical way IMO

fink
#10 Posted : 7/1/2022 6:25:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No, me neither so far. I've tried again today with some new good quality 100 micron SS mesh. Still very unreliable. Maybe I'll find a good setup one day buy right now I'm feeling defeated. I'll take your advice and stick with fixed W mode for now.

starway7
#11 Posted : 7/7/2022 4:01:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fink...please look at post just below yours.... You might want to consider going ..convection.. with your ..conduction ..E mesh.. much better quality vapor...by using wattage mode only..!

its a very cheap conversion..just takes a little patience to build...

When i used regular conduction E mesh..it was up and down with the vapor quality..usually 30 or more percent vapor burnt!... ...Most.. E meshs are imperfect..and the TC modes are not very accurate...

Most mod wattage modes are more accurate than the TC modes...

Hot convection air flowing through the product... is more gentle on the product than contact conduction is ..and gives cleaner lighter and almost tasteless vapor ..with a strong effect!... [posibly a healthyer vapor]..

check out the post just below yours...[[convection perfection high speed E MESH]....Thumbs up

fink
#12 Posted : 7/8/2022 9:34:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks starway, I have read your tek a couple of times. It's going to take a little preparation for sure but when I get a chance to test will report back.

MuteUSO
#13 Posted : 7/11/2022 2:41:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

fink wrote:

I've had some moderate success with fixed W mode but am not doing well at all with any of the temp control modes.

If I may ask, what is the reason you want to go TCR in the first place. It seems that fixed wattage works for you, and also for many others it works just fine.

starway7
#14 Posted : 7/11/2022 11:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before i discovered convextion E Mesh...

I also had trouble with my mod using it the conduction way...

I tryed many combinations on temp control mode and wattage..untill i found that.. 20 watts would vape the product ok..

[20 watts].. is the magic number for conduction!.. ..set on wattage mode..most of the time it does ok.. but there were some short commings i didnt like...

Some times i hit the fire button and the vapor would have acid taste..or a strong burnt taste..

I think unless you have one of the more perfect expensive mods.. that work well in tc mode...most mods are imperfect that way..

Even the ones that that have the best electronics can burn the spice..because the product has dirrect contact with the searing hot mesh ... and the vapor gets produced within slightly over one second or less..
as the mesh heats up you get decent vapor at 3/4 of a second ...but right at the one second mark it starts to glow red on the mesh and the product on the mesh will get burnt ...

so even at 20 watts..my vapor quality would go up and down...just as the temperature on the mesh does if you hold for one second or longer...

Then i converted the direct E mesh into convection E mesh...

After trying convection vapor i never went back to conduction...

fink
#15 Posted : 7/13/2022 11:37:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

MuteUSO wrote:
fink wrote:

I've had some moderate success with fixed W mode but am not doing well at all with any of the temp control modes.

If I may ask, what is the reason you want to go TCR in the first place. It seems that fixed wattage works for you, and also for many others it works just fine.

Hey Mute. The main reason is for ease of use especially when sharing with close friends. It seems the fixed wattage method requires some careful breathing control to not change the mesh temperature dramatically. It is still possible to underheat and have a less powerful experience causing a need for higher doses and more waste.