We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
It doesn't work, might need help diagnosing why (New Psychonaut) Options

Forest_Child
#1 Posted : 6/30/2022 3:41:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the lack of good formatting, I am new to forums.

Hello everyone! Good to meet you all, I have been lurking on the nexus wiki for quite se time slowly absorbing information where I can and have recently happened upon some possible source material and decided to use one or more of the teks available there to try to extract the spice as I have never tried it before and would very much like to see hyperspace and beyond.

So SWIM has spent the last week or two trying to extract from ACACIA ACUMINATA TYPICAL PHYLLODE ROOT BARK (henceforth referred to as 'AATPRB'Pleased and used an ATB Tek using Vinegar, Lye, and Diggers Shellite to extract the spice from the AATPRB. While he did successfully extract *something* he is not sure it is actual spice. The first extraction yielded a yellow powder-like crystal which burns upon attempting to vape causing great pain, which led SWIM to attempt to purify the spice. He knew it did contain spice as it has smelled of fresh shoes and flowers after removing from the freezer. After using a second ATB extraction on the naptha containing the now-redissolved spice, he acquired a much whiter salt-like crystalline powder which vaguely smells of flowers and new shoes.

He attempted to vape this in his terrible jar with holes in it improvised vape with no luck. He then attempted to vape it with a bong equipped with a machine stem with no luck, after this he created a dingy ghetto bong out of hose from his backyard, aluminium, and a mineral water bottle he found in his bookshelf and still was unaffected by his spice. He even grabbed a couple teabags and attempted to smoke it sandwiched between layers of camomile with no luck. Is it possible he simply didn't actually make Spice or is it likely he is simply doing it wrong? I will provide pictures later on when I am not half asleep from trying to figure it all out.

I will also give a more in-depth description of the Tek used by SWIM when he gets it in order in his head in the morning. Sorry I'm advance if this isn't enough information!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 7/6/2022 6:59:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I tried to find a detailed breakdown of alkaloids in different parts of Acacia acuminata, but wasn't successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_acuminata#Alkaloids wrote:
DMT in bark (up to 1.6%) and in leaves (0.6–1.0%) with some ß-carbolines, young leaves mainly containing tryptamine;[14] 0.72% alkaloids from leaves and stems, mostly tryptamine.[15]

Broad-leafed form gave 0.72% total alkaloid and narrow-leafed form gave 1.5% total alkaloid. Both collected Oct. White 1957[16] Broad-leaf A.acuminata phyllodes resulted in 51% MTHBC, 32% DMT, 16% tryptamine, 0.5% Harman, 0.4% 3-methyl-Quinoline (not verified), 0.3% N-Methyl-PEA, and 0.1% PEA.[17]

Judging from this, and from the pictures you showed me and the talk we had in chat, I really think you did nothing wrong in the extraction, but extracted a mixture of DMT and unknown other alkaloids, at unknown ratios. It would be very interesting to get this tested!

---

The simplest vaping device i know of, which works remarkably well and is almost foolproof, is called "The Machine". In its simplest form, it is a glass tube with a steel wire pad in one end. You place your dose on the pad, and melt it into the pad by bringing a lighter flame close to it. Once it's fully melted into the mesh, you "smoke" it like a joint - careful with the flame, you want to avoid combusting the DMT, it stinks Smile

The pads i mean look like this

Forest_Child
#3 Posted : 7/7/2022 1:25:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Actually seems it's time to update this post.

I managed to get some to work to a degree, but I used a jet lighter to directly combust the material which successfully vaporized it enough to use, but wasted a lot of material. I did this in a bubbler which is a screw-top type with a glass pipe which can be attached to any bottle with an opening the size and shape of a coke/pepsi bottle. I had an extremely pleasant and "welcoming" trip, as if something or someone were pleased to see me. (This is how it felt for me, each person has a subjective experience).

I also saw one of those hyperspace doughnuts but there were cool shapes and stuff in there too, I only saw this while closed-eyed though, and did not persist in a closed-eye experience due to the beautiful endless sky that my blue wall had seemingly transformed into.

I discovered also that this only really became possible to achieve when I added the brown/orange gooey extract I had discovered quite by accident in a jar I had left in front of a fan to evaporate the remaining shellite(naptha) out of on a whim/due to forgetfulness. After looking into the matter on the forum and wiki, I found a post someone had linked which explained that while the crystals are dmt, we are more often than not looking for the oily residue which is left behind on the bottom of the tray, which is to be scraped off. Upon realizing this, I understood that I had wasted SO MUCH of my first extraction through ignorance, and wish I had read a bit more into it before doing it.

Still, I have gained in knowledge, so the mistake was worth it to avoid future failures. Big grin