We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT in Carpobrotus Edulis and experimentation Options

Nado24
#1 Posted : 4/23/2013 5:43:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I'd like to start by saying this is my first post. I'm not a stranger to DMT, for my roommate was an avid enthusiast, and on occasions we would trip together, from the spice he made around once every 3 months. I have never tried anything on my own, and he left town so now I'm in the dark, and do not wish to be finished with DMT forever. So, having said that, I was wondering if it is possible to extract DMT, or 5-Meo-DMT from Carpobrotus Edulis, or highway ice plant here in California. He once told me this was possible, but never went into detail. I obviously did research on it before posting here, but I couldn't find much info on the subject, or found some other info on different succulents, but nothing on Carpobrotus edulis, which is what I have access to. So, sorry if this was a bit wordy, but long story short, any news on this? I'd love to try it, and if you have any ideas I'll be your ginuea pig and try some of your theories! Big grin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/23/2013 6:02:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could try to purchase some reagent like Ehrlich, see if it reacts positive to tryptamines (blue or purpleish), or even better, a couple different reagents extra, like marquis or mecke to cross-check the results.

You can try making a small extraction, something like an A/B and using naphtha or hexane or heptane pulls, plus a recrystallization depending on what you end up with, and testing a small amount with the reagents, and then post back results.

If results turn out negative, forget about it. If so, at least its a start, though it of course can be many things. .

Dont ingest/smoke it at first, since you never know what kind of other alkaloids may be there. But if you make a small extraction, and do these tests, and talk to us, maybe we can start having an idea of what is or isnt there.

Be well!

swam rollbre
#3 Posted : 10/10/2013 12:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wikipedia mentions that the leaves and fruit of both Edulis ("sour fig" )and Chilensis ("sea fig" ) are edible, so i say give it the ol' college try. If i find time to get over to the coast, i will as well.
However, i must add that your former roomie was probably thinking of Keeper Trout's findings concerning several tryptamine positive species of Delosperma, also colloquially referred to as "iceplant".
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1533
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ers/house/DMTDiagram.png
"To fathom Hell, or soar angelic, just take a pinch of Psychedelic." -Humphrey Osmond
"Describing the difference between MDMA and MDA to the unexperienced is like trying to explain the difference between shiraz and cabernet to someone who only thinks in terms of 'red wine / white wine'." -Lamont Granquist
"Yo! My lab got creamed; I had to dummyrig an alchemical filter out of a dirty bidet and a vaporizer!" -Ron James, Adventure Time.
Noobs plz read https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=318336
http://deoxy.org/entheop.htm

_Trip_
#4 Posted : 6/30/2022 10:25:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll be testing this soon. And hopefully be able to report back on reagent results if anything comes up.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 7/22/2022 10:53:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

_Trip_ wrote:
I'll be testing this soon. And hopefully be able to report back on reagent results if anything comes up.

Did you try this yet? Is your relative silence indicative of a negative result?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

_Trip_
#6 Posted : 7/22/2022 11:29:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I misidentified it, it was Carpobrotus rossii. I did do an extraction. I definitely should have defatted with this plant species. However my reagents never rocked up. I still have the 'extract'. No tryptamine smell but I'm still keen to test it when i eventually get some reagents to test with. Will update at some point. Defatting may be a necessity when working with certain succulents.

_Trip_
#7 Posted : 8/14/2022 7:15:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Carpobrotus rossii
Test was from what freeze percipiatated (oil that turned to a wax).
Left to right
Marquis, mandelin,mecke
All reacted brown to almost black (mandelin had a hint of dark blue on the extract after 10mins)

Edit: Simon's A no reaction, once simon's B was added red reaction
_Trip_ attached the following image(s):
20220814_160733.jpg (297kb) downloaded 38 time(s).

endlessness
#8 Posted : 8/14/2022 10:10:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm, doesnt seem like DMT..

DMT with mandelin should not react with DMT, and mecke should have a distinct greenish tone to it

here:

Who knows it might still have some tryptamine mixed in but def not pure DMT..

Do you have ehrlich reagent too?

Thanks for sharing the results!

_Trip_
#9 Posted : 8/14/2022 10:39:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Endlessness,
no Ehrlich's reagent for this test (but working on rectifying this). However I have tested all the freeze precipitated alkaloids from this test. I do still have the evaporated portion left.

If I haven't mentioned it, it was a standard A/B as per minimum polymer tek with a freeze precipitation and then a separate evap of the Naphtha.

I agree unlikely DMT.