We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : How would you describe the effects of bufotenine?
Choice Votes Statistics
I get stunning and unique effects, simply amazing! 8 57 %
I get effects that are nice and overally worthwile 2 14 %
I get effects that are overally unimpressive 4 28 %
I get some effects but they are only unpleasant 0 0 %
I do not get any effects from it 0 0 %

The Effects of Bufotenine Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 2/11/2010 12:42:01 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi all,

SWIM is interested in the effects people get from bufotenine (or for any purposes extracts from Anadenanthere colubrina). He has read from the most amazing reports to the most unimpressive from smoked bufotenine. SWIM himself has given a good go on bufotenine and he overall finds the effects fairly unimpressive and really not worth the effort of extracting and smoking.

SWIM has played around a lot with it. He has fairly pure "tannish" bufo which he has smoked at 10-100mg range using all sorts of methods; crack/meth pipe, glassbulb vaporiser, test tube vaporiser, shisha, waterbong, changa. In all the times he just gets some head pressure building up and some minor visuals (OEV, CEV) and an effect that lasts for around 10-15 min, basically for as long as the head pressure lasts.

He has also tried unpure bufo extracts (the black/reddish goo one gets from crude alkaloidal extraction of cebil seeds) from different batches of seeds bought from different vendors all to the same effect. Crude extracts are a bit more nauseating but for all purposes they have effects similar to pure bufotenine.

He always thought he did something wrong, but two main factors led him to believe that there is a great individual variation to the bufo effects:

1) his trials with 100mg; SWIM always thought he does not vaporise bufo correctly, but even after smoking 100mg in a crack/meth pipe it is impossible for him to believe that he never had a good dose.

2) his recent friend's trial with impure bufo extract; SWIM's friend smoked ~50mg of crude cebil reddish goo through a shisha and he was gobsmached! SWIM thought that they'd try smoking some in the shisha just for a chill out effect but he ended up tripping like crazy. He is obviously quite sensitive to the effects.

Re to the poll, the term "effects" may include anything, from visual hallucinations, auditory hallucinations to nausea, head tension, increased heartbeat etc etc etc. The people who wish to take the poll just need to evaluate the overall effect, that is whether the good effects (if any) were really worth the side effects (if any). For instance, if one gets stunning visuals but the nausea just remains a great deal of nuisance, then he should vote for: I get effects that are nice and overally worthwile

Thanks to all!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 2/11/2010 5:47:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

when i first started working with bufotenine...i would get insane nausea...and sometimes pass right out...other times i would get absolutely no nausea..just a little pressure for 2-3 minutes and then some mild visuals...but LATELY...when i smoke bufo..i get absolutely no nausea...pressure for about 2-5 minutes after smoking..which then changes into a wonderful euphoria(one of my favorite feelings actually) and then the visual effects start...such as flashing and rainbow colors..this is when i close my eyes..and the visual effects turn into visions

these visions are very complex and fractal sometimes..other times they are very simple and im able modify the effects just by thinking and visualizing..

some of the best experiences ive had there is a sense of movement..or the feeling of flying..this is utterly AMAZING...bufo also has this aspect where you sorta have this inner dialog going on...and i have yet to really PUSH farther into the bufo experience..and the effects that i have gotten so far are amazing.

also..the day after i smoke bufotenine..i wake up with lots of energy..usually earlier than i usually do...feeling great and ready for the day...i usually have MILD visual effects throughout the day as well

one thing i would like to mention was that when i first started smoking bufo..i did NOT get good effects no matter how i did it...i tried different batches of seeds..different smoking techniques...smoking more...smoking less...combining it with harmalas...theobromine...ginger and ginko..and barely got anything but tension pressure and nausea...but for some reason...i continued to smoke it..and try different methods...and NOW i finally DO get good effects..i have no idea why this might be..but it seems to me like your mind and body have to almost acclimate to the effects over a period of time..i have no idea why this might be but..it sorta reminds me how salvia works...sorta like a reverse tolerance over long periods of time...

i think that when you first use bufotenine..the negative effects can completely cloud the good effects you might experience..but maybe once you get use to the negative beginning effects..you are able to relax into the deeper realms of the bufo space...its quite a difference compared to dmt space...seems older...like dmt's granddaddy
it's a sound

69ron
#3 Posted : 2/11/2010 8:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bufotenine and mescaline are SWIM's favorite hallucinogens, but each for different reasons.

Bufotenine, for SWIM, produces visions that are utterly amazing. For SWIM, it's the only hallucinogen that also causes very clear auditory hallucinations.

SWIM likes the fact that bufotenine lacks the typical psychedelic "mind fuck" most other hallucinogens produce.

SWIM also likes the relaxed calm state bufotenine produces after about 5 minutes into the experience.

Out of all the hallucinogens, bufotenine is the friendliest. Itā€™s not very intoxicating but extremely visionary. SWIM experiences movie like visions from bufotenine that are on-par with ayahuasca, but they lack the ā€œmind fuckā€ of ayahuasca. It basically allows you access to the hallucinogenic effects of the psychedelic world without bringing you through ego death, psychedelic mind fuck, and all the other effects typical of most psychedelics. In this respect it stands alone in the world of psychedelics.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#4 Posted : 2/11/2010 8:38:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum, I think individual sensitivity varies. Bufotenine is present in all of us and at different levels. Some of us may have so much bufotenine that we are immune to its hallucinogenic effects. Bufotenine produces tolerance if you use it over and over in the same day. If you have a lot of natural bufotenine in your system, it stands to reason that you have naturally built up tolerance to itā€™s hallucinogenic effects.

The other thing I like to bring up is that, for SWIM, it feels like bufotenine is metabolizing in the body into something else that is more active. The effects change from being bodily discomfort at the onset (pins and needles mostly), to a psilocybin like effect towards the end of the trip. You can feel the effects changing. Now, this is with what SWIM believes are PURE bufotenine crystals. SWIM has tested the melting point of his bufotenine crystals which were exposed to extreme heat, separated by column chromatography, re-crystallized in MEK:Heptane, and then re-crystallized in xylene, so I highly doubt there are any active contaminants present. DMT cannot be present, and 5-MeO-DMT cannot be present. Both would be destroyed by the heating process, and both would not crystallize in large amounts of xylene like bufotenine does. Also the column chromatography separation ensures that only highly polar alkaloids like bufotenine would be present.

I think either you are naturally immune to the hallucinogenic effects because of naturally high bufotenine in your body, or you tried bufotenine too quickly after trying another psychedelic.

SWIM found nearly all psychedelics will diminish the hallucinogenic effects of bufotenine if taken too soon before using bufotenine. Possibly the use of other drugs will too.

You might want to try it with some MAOI, If you have natural tolerance, the MAOI should help prevent that tolerance from interfering with the bufotenineā€™s effects.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Madcap
#5 Posted : 2/11/2010 9:08:27 PM

illudium Q-36

I am going to go with "overall worthwhile" I have had some visual effects that a distinctly different from dmt or dmt n-oxide. I have only tried it in changa with and without adding dmt. I hope to get deeper with it, but for now... its worth the time to extract active seeds. I didn't have any luck with the more complicated teks..but the IPA extraction with repeated toasting worked better.

Ron, do you think boiling limo could replace boiling xylene in your bufo crystals procedure?

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 2/11/2010 11:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

it does sorta work..but at the same time i think it greatly reduces the potency..i may actually go back and try this again..and infuse some herbs with the end product just to test it again and see whats really going on..

when i was trying bufotenine before i rarely got good effects..i would get some mild visuals but nothing more...its only been recently that i have gotten effects from bufotenine that have been amazing..i do add harmine to my bufo changa..and that may help a lot...but who knows
it's a sound

jamie
#7 Posted : 2/12/2010 12:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

bufotenine is the most visionary tryptamine i have ever worked with..its really amazing..

When i first tried it I couldnt get those effects though..i dont know why but now i can every time..seems that it almost has a reverse tolerance thing going on where you learn to use it..unless you use it to often of course then you build tolerance..

There is 2 stages to it..and yes the second stage is more like psilocin..also there isnt too much mindwarp at all in the main trip with bufo alone..but there is a stage i have reached where i sort of trance out very deep..this is durring the psilocin-like stage..its hard for me to bring back memory of what hapens at this stage..its almost like passing out but you are still awake, just in a trance..and it need to be laying in bed for it really happen..this stage can take you into a deep state of mental waro where strange ideas and thought patterns manifest..at this stage i have exeriences extreme sysnesthesia..but when you snap out of it you come right back so its not frightening becasue you are in a deep trance while it happens..

Also it can become very deep with a profound breakthrough when combined with maoi's and theobromne..for me when i ate currey all day long..drank a few cups of cocoa then smoked a high dose of bufotenine with caapi extract it was insane..the visions were so real and absorbing..my room transformed into something i would expect from the movie tron..aliens were inthe room with me and it was mentally very challenging..my thoughts felt like shapes and such..it was like a very very high dose of psilocin..
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#8 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:29:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Itā€™s possible that the failed experiments are caused by bufotenine n-oxide, or something else present, which you might think is bufotenine, but itā€™s not. Also, itā€™s possible something youā€™re doing is destroying the bufotenine, making it inactive. I know that strong bases destroy bufotenine, making it inactive, if itā€™s exposed to them for too long.

Bufotenine is not always present in cebil in large amounts. Sometimes it is absent.

But in the opening thread, Infundibulum mentions that a bufotenine that was not capable of producing fantastic hallucinations in one person was very much active in another person.

There have been occasions when SWIM used the SAME purified bufotenine, and didnā€™t get visuals from it. This is rare, but has happened. I donā€™t know what accounts for it. My theory is that on those days, SWIMā€™s body is high in naturally present bufotenine, and so heā€™s got tolerance to it before he even uses it.

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 2/12/2010 11:54:50 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
But in the opening thread, Infundibulum mentions that a bufotenine that was not capable of producing fantastic hallucinations in one person was very much active in another person.

This is exactly what SWIM saw and decided to enquire further on individual sensitivities through this poll. Of course it is an one-go observation but quite telling.

There are plenty of people who get disappointing effects from bufotenine. People tend to blame extraction efficiency, weak seeds and bad smoking technique. But here I see that more factors arising, like the reverse tolerance and the individual sensitivity, the latter having already been hypothesised to be a result of higher levels of endogenous bufotenine.

SWIM likes the reverse tolerance comparison with weed and he'll try bufo few more times.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

endlessness
#10 Posted : 2/12/2010 12:16:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah SWIM tried fract/jork's IPA tek extracted bufo once from same seeds as most people reporting good experiences (maya) and couldnt get any effects... He tried in a joint, with about 30mg.. Next time he will try in a bong or something of the sort, maybe 50mg..

teotenakeltje
#11 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:17:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i've tried jorkest tek too lately, using 8 grams of seeds, infused on a herb mix. But i messed up one step, after basing the seeds, i did not let them dry..i put IPA on the paste rightaway. Anyhow, i smoked a lot of it yesterday and had only minor effects. I was pretty exited when i finaly started to get the pin-feeling, and afterwards a psilocybin typ of color enhancement..but this faded away after 10min or so just leaving me sleepy...smoking more did not help.
I was thinking i it would be wise to infuse the same herbs 2 or maybe 3 times following jorkest tek?

azrael
#12 Posted : 2/13/2010 7:15:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Simply amazing via grind/wet with sc/toast/ipa/leaf-evap.

I've found that direct heat helps. Instead of burning gently like changa, put the flame directly on the plant for each draw from the piece. People who are consistently getting mild effects should try torching the hell out of their bufo when they smoke it, keep the high vape temp in mind.

The potency varies between different seed sets. I got lucky once, it screwed up my calculations for later batches. You can always pull from the 1g bufo enhanced leaf with IPA a few times and evap over .5g to concentrate it (don't forget to wipe up all the sticky stuff with the leaf). Or just start with more seeds per gram of leaf.

Make it stronger than you think you'll need, understand your product by trial. Right now, I like to sprinkle some 10x strength leaf (10:1 bufo:leaf) over a little bit of 3:1 spiced leaf.