We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV173174175176177NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Shemlemon
#3481 Posted : 6/25/2022 7:07:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's also probably worth noting that if you plan on doing multiple pulls you don't have to be precise and pull every ml of naphtha available, I personally use 50ml of naphtha but only manage to pull 40-45ml when seperating, it's not important what you miss will be available next pull and after 3 or so pulls that last bit of 5-10ml of naphtha is probably hardly worth salvaging.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

meino
#3482 Posted : 6/25/2022 11:00:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

so I will add 50ml hot/warm naphtha and no water(?) to wash the crystals. How long do I need to freeze it after that, again 48 hours?

Shemlemon
#3483 Posted : 6/25/2022 1:31:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Honestly have no experience but a surely there are teks if you look or just search recrystallisation.
If I had to guess you just wanna dissolve it in naphtha and pass sodium carbonate water through it several times seperating after each time then freezing again afterwards, this is just a guess though. Seriously even do a search on Google something is bound to come up

Shemlemon
#3484 Posted : 6/25/2022 1:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Go on google search cybs salt Tek word for word click on the first link and scroll down to
re-x step (couldn't download the Tek through Nexus but through google it took me straight to the Tek).

Voidmatrix
#3485 Posted : 6/26/2022 10:41:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

meino wrote:
Thank You very much,
I'll try not to poison myself.
You forgot to mention the quantity for hot naphtha for recrystallization (I used 100g of root bark).
Wouldn't a syringe be even better than a pipette?
And I also do not use water for recrystallization, correct?

Apologies, 20ml of solvent should be sufficient.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

meino
#3486 Posted : 6/27/2022 12:35:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks
So I got 0,14g crystals now, pretty bad, eh?

I divided them into five pieces do this looks like a correct serving size?

meino attached the following image(s):
yesno.jpg (6,289kb) downloaded 133 time(s).

Voidmatrix
#3487 Posted : 6/27/2022 12:42:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

meino wrote:
thanks
So I got 0,14g crystals now, pretty bad, eh?

I divided them into five pieces do this looks like a correct serving size?

It takes practice and learning. You should be pleased with yourself for taking the first steps Smile

You will never regret purchasing a milligram scale. Love

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dombu
#3488 Posted : 6/27/2022 10:34:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Using stainless steel tray for evaping instead of glass? is it ok or can it mess things up? I am asking this because I am getting little to no yield from my extractions.

Also about freeze precipitating in a 500ml beaker instead of a pyrex dish, will it affect the crystallization speed, yield?

Voidmatrix
#3489 Posted : 6/27/2022 12:02:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dombu wrote:
Using stainless steel tray for evaping instead of glass? is it ok or can it mess things up? I am asking this because I am getting little to no yield from my extractions.

Also about freeze precipitating in a 500ml beaker instead of a pyrex dish, will it affect the crystallization speed, yield?

Shouldn't change things up too much. What kind of water are you using in your extraction?

The smaller the volume the better it will precipitate. It'll probably be easier to scrape out of a dish.

One love

dombu
#3490 Posted : 6/27/2022 1:55:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
What kind of water are you using in your extraction?

One love

Well its labelled distilled water, guess i have to get some branded distilled water then.

Voidmatrix
#3491 Posted : 6/30/2022 6:15:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dombu wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
What kind of water are you using in your extraction?

One love

Well its labelled distilled water, guess i have to get some branded distilled water then.

It could be a different variable that's hindering your yields, but I'd need more information.

One love

Shemlemon
#3492 Posted : 7/4/2022 9:00:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

More Of a question about harvesting than extracting but does anyone know how long after rain you should wait before picking phyllodes? Also is late summer really the best time to harvest trees?

Bruce B.
#3493 Posted : 7/26/2022 11:05:04 PM

moe.phreak

I am curious about yield ratios. If say you had 350 g of useful stuff, what is the yield of stuff you will end up with. I am new to this and haven't yet experienced what I know I need desperately. Any help is appreciated , I have Lye and Naphtha. Thank you.

Voidmatrix
#3494 Posted : 7/27/2022 12:33:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bruce B. wrote:
I am curious about yield ratios. If say you had 350 g of useful stuff, what is the yield of stuff you will end up with. I am new to this and haven't yet experienced what I know I need desperately. Any help is appreciated , I have Lye and Naphtha. Thank you.

With MHRB, generally 1%-2% yield. With ACRB, closer to 1% yield.

One love

Jugginlow
#3495 Posted : 8/6/2022 6:30:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I am currently preforming my first extraction following Q21Q21’s vinegar/lime a/b tek : 2 (the fluffy white fun fest).
Some background on the extraction, I am using a small amount of MHRB (30g) with calcium hydroxide and naphtha.
I am currently in the middle of my first naphtha pull. My question is what is the stuff rising into the solvent? Is this a sign of emulsion? What is the second liquid layer under the solvent (it is a deep reddish brown color)? Is there any point in collecting that liquid? I’ve been giving it a hot/warm water bath for about an hour now and was going to continue for another hour before attempting to remove the naphtha into my freeze precipitation container (is this the right thing to do?) Any information given will be extremely helpful as I am just a humble novice. I’ve been browsing the forum for the past few days and I believe this is genuine magic glad to join the community! (Is there any way I can upload pictures I’ve taken to help you help me?)
Jugginlow attached the following image(s):
661353A3-E915-441C-A32A-C4142BB381C8.jpg (3,001kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
7281AB06-8AA7-4DFD-89E3-7BB1CAA7FF21.jpg (2,092kb) downloaded 57 time(s).

Homo Trypens
#3496 Posted : 8/6/2022 6:47:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Deep reddish brown liquid, i'd say that is probably water from the bark - your paste may be a bit too wet. I wouldn't keep that liquid, i'd add it back to the bark.
Or if it's not liquid, it might be actual dark particles and your paste might be too dry.
In both cases, you don't want them in your naphtha Smile if it's bark particles, a coffee filter should catch them.

Yes the next step is to cleanly separate that naphtha and move on to freeze precipitation. You want zero drops of watery liquid in there.

Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions here, in chat, or in the official extraction help thread.

Voidmatrix
#3497 Posted : 8/6/2022 6:56:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jugginlow wrote:
Hello, I am currently preforming my first extraction following Q21Q21’s vinegar/lime a/b tek : 2 (the fluffy white fun fest).
Some background on the extraction, I am using a small amount of MHRB (30g) with calcium hydroxide and naphtha.
I am currently in the middle of my first naphtha pull. My question is what is the stuff rising into the solvent? Is this a sign of emulsion? What is the second liquid layer under the solvent (it is a deep reddish brown color)? Is there any point in collecting that liquid? I’ve been giving it a hot/warm water bath for about an hour now and was going to continue for another hour before attempting to remove the naphtha into my freeze precipitation container (is this the right thing to do?) Any information given will be extremely helpful as I am just a humble novice. I’ve been browsing the forum for the past few days and I believe this is genuine magic glad to join the community! (Is there any way I can upload pictures I’ve taken to help you help me?)

To piggyback off of HT, ONLY retrieve the top solvent layer. Everything else stays. You may also want to evaporate down your solvent in a well ventilated area before placing in the freezer for freeze precipitation.

To add pictures, click "edit." You'll be brought to the screen where you initially composed your post. Under the text box, to the left is a check box that says " Attach files to this post?" Click the box, the click "post" and you will be brought to a new screen where you can attach your picture files.

One love

Jugginlow
#3498 Posted : 8/6/2022 7:16:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both for the extremely timely reply
Question about the evaporation process : what would be the best method? Is a heat lamp a good choice? How long should I let it evaporate for? And how much will it reduce the solvent by? Also could I preform the evaporation in the same container that I will freeze precipitate from? (Approx 30ml of solvent was used)

Homo Trypens
#3499 Posted : 8/6/2022 7:26:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Jugginlow wrote:
Thank you both for the extremely timely reply
Question about the evaporation process : what would be the best method? Is a heat lamp a good choice? How long should I let it evaporate for? And how much will it reduce the solvent by? Also could I preform the evaporation in the same container that I will freeze precipitate from? (Approx 30ml of solvent was used)

Yes, you can perform the evaporation in the same container. I recommend using a warm/hot water bath.

Whether (and how much) you should reduce, you can find out by blowing at the naphtha. When you see faint clouding where you blow, you are at a good saturation.

Jrodpd1985
#3500 Posted : 8/12/2022 8:31:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I appreciate any advice and information that I will hopefully receive soon. Hopefully we can keep it simple without contradictions.

I have tried two different methods, there are limited resources for materials locally and in California in general, I tend to be impatient, and have no experience with this sort of experiment.....

I'm underwhelmed by the results I've gotten thus far.

I started with a couple small runs, 100g of material each

The first is with lye, the second is with lime

I then did 500g lime run a day or two later.

As a solvent I'm using Zippo fuel, which may be the problem, as preferred solvent is unavailable in my state, however I will receive a shipment of a couple gallons today.... I think this may be the whole problem.

The first test run I did an acid wash with vinegar in a slow cooker for a few hours, strained strained, added a solution with lye, it got hot, it turned black, I let it sit for a day and a half. I added the solvent, swished it around periodically and lightly for about another 16 hours before pulling.

Second method acid wash for less time, left plant material in, mixed in a gram of lime per gram of material, let sit for maybe an hour or so mixing regularly. It smells like mortar, turns grey when I stir, and gets a dark layer on top when it suits. I added 1.5-2ml solvent per g of material while in a hot bath, stirring frequently and thoroughly without over doing it for an hour before pulling.

Poured in shallow baking dishes with suran wrap, after like 24 hours plenty of solvent sloshing around with a couple white boogers floating around and specs of white sprinkled around the bottom. Then it seems to stop progressing.

First of all let's make sure somebody has used these materials with success:

Zippo fluid

Chemstar type s lime: calcium hydrochloride magnesium hydrochlorid

I'm getting vmp today

Thanks so much

«PREV173174175176177NEXT»