We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A. Pravissima Options

_Trip_
#1 Posted : 6/23/2022 9:25:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

33g of leaf and trunk bark was harvested in Spring/ Summer (just after flowering for memory?). From Acacia Pravissima.

Using the scaling down version of the minimum polymer tek an extraction was completed.
-275ml of water
-3.3g of ascorbic acid
-17.5g of potassium chloride
Cooked for 45mins trying to keep under 68 degrees celcisus (went over a few times but did not exceed 85 degrees).

-15g of NaOH added for base
-Naphtha was used as a pull while it was still hot. 2x 100ml pulls

Extraction was more or less rushed due to proof of concept.

Literature states "Up to 0.44% alkaloids from leaves and stems, mostly phenethylamine" from a 1944 study.

Half of the first pull was evaporated on fan and yielded 1.2% in crystals, when scraped this turned to a paste (likely due to fats) total yield must be over 2%.

Re-xed majority in naphtha and combined with other pulls. Currently seeing if it freeze precipitates anything. Crystals didn't initially have a tryptamine smell. Yellow/ yellow-green color.

After isolating a small amount of crystals/ paste I didn't re-x, it hardened to a powder and did indeed have a tryptamine like smell not nn-dmt or at least solely nn-dmt.

When burnt it melts and vaporizes quickly with a burnt plastic smell sort of. No bioassay has been conducted for safety reasons.

Likely plant fats and phenethylamine? Does phenethylamine crystalize?

Edit: Ehrlich test- eventually went a red purple.

And yes apparently phenethylamine crystalizes.

_Trip_ attached the following image(s):
1[1].jpg (245kb) downloaded 169 time(s).
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 6/23/2022 1:13:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ehrlich test- red (hint of purple). Left is control.
2.jpg (328kb) downloaded 145 time(s).

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 6/23/2022 1:16:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Worth getting MS-LC tested?
Could be impurities causing the color change.
20220623_221617[1].jpg (4,735kb) downloaded 143 time(s).

Chimp Z
#4 Posted : 6/23/2022 5:04:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To my understanding Acacia Pravissima has mostly phenethylamines with occasional trace tryptamines.
So there could still be goods in the extract for sure that wouldn't give any tryptamine smell.
Snu Voogelbreinder mentioned that smoking phenethylamines in Acacia extracts extended the duration of the tryptamines in the same yield.

Are you able to do tests with paper chromatography? The reagent is a good indicator but did you test it side by side with a alkaloid standard such as Confusa/Hostilis extract?

Also do you have pictures of the plant? Because Acacia Cultriformis looks strikingly similar to Pravissima during its juvenile growth yet contains 5-MeO-DMT. Acacia Cultriformis definitely has potential to be a viable tryptamine provider in the warmer months.

Chimp Z
#5 Posted : 6/23/2022 5:09:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also curious as to why trunk bark and phyllodes were mixed in an extract?
One could start to experiment with the trees with phyllodes, but going straight for the trunk or roots can severely damage the tree. You'll see detrimental results within a year if the harvesting was too much. 33 grams definitely sounds like just a few chunks or handfuls of phyllodes so you're probably fine. Just for the future harvests, keep in mind that most trees will produce similar quantities in both the foliage and the main trunk/roots so there's absolutely no reason to harvest from anything besides the phyllodes/foliage. Earth is being killed so it's in our best interests to keep these trees alive and grow lots more.

_Trip_
#6 Posted : 6/23/2022 11:36:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chimp Z wrote:
To my understanding Acacia Pravissima has mostly phenethylamines with occasional trace tryptamines.

Do you have a source for what trace tryptamines?

Chimp Z wrote:

So there could still be goods in the extract for sure that wouldn't give any tryptamine smell.
Snu Voogelbreinder mentioned that smoking phenethylamines in Acacia extracts extended the duration of the tryptamines in the same yield.

I understand smell may not be the best test, I am just recording what I'm finding.

Extending a trip would not surprise me but it would depend in the type of phenethylamine too I guess. Do you have a link?

Chimp Z wrote:

Are you able to do tests with paper chromatography? The reagent is a good indicator but did you test it side by side with a alkaloid standard such as Confusa/Hostilis extract?

No I am not, but I'll be likely investing in more reagents.

Chimp Z wrote:

Also do you have pictures of the plant? Because Acacia Cultriformis looks strikingly similar to Pravissima during its juvenile growth yet contains 5-MeO-DMT. Acacia Cultriformis definitely has potential to be a viable tryptamine provider in the warmer months.

Yes I will upload photos, originally I was going to do the extraction thinking it was cultriformis and looking for 5-meo. However, the area it was harvested from it is highly more likely to be pravissima and it fits the description of pravissima. But for reference or if I am incorrect in my identification I will upload photos.

Chimp Z wrote:
Also curious as to why trunk bark and phyllodes were mixed in an extract?
One could start to experiment with the trees with phyllodes, but going straight for the trunk or roots can severely damage the tree. You'll see detrimental results within a year if the harvesting was too much. 33 grams definitely sounds like just a few chunks or handfuls of phyllodes so you're probably fine. Just for the future harvests, keep in mind that most trees will produce similar quantities in both the foliage and the main trunk/roots so there's absolutely no reason to harvest from anything besides the phyllodes/foliage. Earth is being killed so it's in our best interests to keep these trees alive and grow lots more.

If I'm going to put time into an extraction for nexus I'd rather test both bark and phyllodes and if it tests positive or looks promising then I would happily do further extracts on just bark or just phyllodes as alkaloid content can vary between the two like any plant. Chimp Z the tree will be fine it is fully grown, what tiny amount I harvested was nothing in comparison to the size of the plant, it was all sustainably harvested. When I say trunk bark, it was the bark off small twigs I harvested, not large branches or the actually trunk. Again the reason being bark can contain a different profile of alkaloids or percentages than the phyllodes.
I would like to also test the root bark but this tree is still alive and I don't consider this sustainable. In addition, a. pravissima is very common it isn't even close to threatened like say a. phlebophylla.

Freeze perciptate created floating crystals. I was able to separate this with a filter (same yellow/ green crystals-more yellow), drying out the filter and evaping the naphtha now. A small amount of crystals freeze percipitated on the bottom of the frozen glass dish (like dmt does) they appear white.

_Trip_
#7 Posted : 6/24/2022 4:02:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Top is freeze precipitate crystals
Left bottom is filtered crystals from freeze cold naphtha, right is evaporated naphtha after freeze.
Very bottom photo is reagent test left overnight more red/ purple.

Total yield just over: 1.8%
4.jpg (4,840kb) downloaded 99 time(s).
23 (2).jpg (2,958kb) downloaded 83 time(s).
23 (1).jpg (1,650kb) downloaded 83 time(s).

_Trip_
#8 Posted : 8/14/2022 6:59:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Reagent tests On freeze precipitated alkaloids:
Ehrlich- test turned a red/purple
Marquis- turned orange to dark brown undissolved crystals remained brown
Mandelin- Turned Brown/Red and a separation of something blue (must of reacted with 2 different alkaloids) undissolved crystals remained light brown
Mecke- Brown (slightest hint of yellow) undissolved crystals remained dark brown
Simons- Some crystals turned a blue/green then when the buffer was added reacted red, After 10mins left a purple edging on the reagent. (Buffer is also know as simon's B).

"Floating" crystals did not react the same with simon's (blue/green then black)-not the best reaction. No other regents were used on the "floating" crystals.

Going off https://verbinding.11011...erfeit=Plant%20Alkaloids
There could be a slight chance of 5-meo traces. Could also be anything. May not be worth pursuing?
Need data on reagent reactions with acacia based phenethylamines.

_Trip_
#9 Posted : 10/7/2023 11:02:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here are the lab results for pravissima. See attached.

Unfortunately only trace amounts of bufotenine oxide and dmt oxide where found. Conclusion pravmissima does not appear to be a usable source of non-polar active tryptamines.

Special thanks to Kykeon.

A polar extraction will be performed and results posted when completed.