We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So how much could one theoretically use the sauna (or heat him/herself up by any other means) a day? Options

justB612
#1 Posted : 6/14/2022 8:37:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello bello Nexus!

I'm coming to you after hours and hours of Rhonda Patrick and her sauna videos, as well as a few studies and lots of reddit anecdotes.

This stuff seems to be amazing, very healthy, but most importantly I don't seem to find any upper limit to how much one could do this exercise.

From googling the anecdotes go very well, people especially in Finland seem to have sauna days where they do the stuff for 4-8 hours a day (naturally with longer breaks in between, not all at once)

When searching for studies (I can't dig it up now but will so this week) I've seen RP mentione one where participants were in the sauna for 120 minutes a day, for 5 days straight, without negative consequences.

I've just had a sauna day yesterday and it's been really really refreshing, helped me clear my thoughts and my mind just feels sharp, happy, and I Feel like a lot of older memories are coming back.

My protocol was 15 minutes in (it's a very intense 2kw infrared so thats a good duration) followed by a colder bath, 12 times.

I'm tihnking of doing it today again, and maybe doing it the whole week, it does feel exhausting and difficult, but if it's healthy its healthy right?

So anyone has any ideas, thoughts, studies about it? Are there maybe cultures where they use the sauna to such extremes? Or any stronger studies ?

Thank you very much!
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 6/14/2022 8:50:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do it as much as feels good. In Finland they have been doing it for ages. No other health risks except for certain stubbornness in culture 😄

The point is that it should feel good and give you some time to be with yourself.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Jees
#3 Posted : 6/15/2022 4:53:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Usually once a week is my practice. For half a day I'm there, doing several sessions and cooling off.
Your body will tell when to get out, simple as that. I've seen people fainting when leaving the cabin but never this was a real risk issue. Lie flat in open air and all is OK.

Yet I've no fancy for the infra red stuff, so I can't comment on that. Steam-bathing and dry sauna's are my go to.

Been in traditional sweat lodges for many many hours, but one can head for the ground there where it is much cooler. The temp gradient in a sweat lodge is way higher than classic sauna.

And one day is not the other, sometimes I can take a lot heat, sometimes the flight response kicks in earlier, there is no consistency. Usually when having had a good nap, right after there's a ton of tolerance to the heat. Tiredness makes sauna much more difficult imho.

There was that russian competitor who died trying to win,
but have these people been screened for painkillers or other dope????