We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cola + freebase DMT + Syrian Rue tea = oral DMT ? Options

BobDobbs
#1 Posted : 6/14/2022 12:02:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm sure I've seen this before and dismissed this strange concoction but it has recently come to my attention again...

What is the Cola for? Is it more than just to make the brew more palatable?

If the Cola is providing a chemical reaction, can anyone explain it to me?

Apparently some people also add a little Citric acid so I gather that the change in pH is producing a DMT salt. If I were to try this I would much prefer to use plain soda water or tonic water but I have no idea how the pH of these compares to Cola.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 6/14/2022 12:35:07 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Cola is an option for an easily available acidic potable (barely! Very happy ) liquid and maybe the strong flavour helps conceal the less-than-palatable rue flavour. Caffeine and theobromine may play their own pharmacological (stimulant) role too, although one should perhaps be wary of the potential for tachycardia with that. There were also some intimations that phosphoric acid possibly enhances absorption of DMT in some way, perhaps because phosphate is an important component of the physiological energy transport chain.

Soda water and tonic water will be far less acidic than cola, so I'd suggest adding a tiny pinch of some kind of food acid. Acetic acid tends to be unpleasant because of its strong vinegary odour, hence the common suggestion of citric acid. Personally, I favour using a little ascorbic acid as it's good to keep your vitamin C levels up and it does the job of solubilising alkaloids quite nicely too.

I don't think there's any particular chemical reaction specific to cola in this context, outside of the possible absorption enhancing effect of the phosphoric acid. And even if you were to swallow freebase DMT, it would get converted to the protonated salt fairly rapidly on contact with your stomach acid.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

L-dreamer
#3 Posted : 6/14/2022 9:34:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

one of my most powerful and negative experiences with pharmahuasca was exactly this: freebase dmt and harmalas dissolved in cola. Definitely my most memorable and disturbing voyage
I just did it as a joke and I doubt there is anything worthwhile to the cola, yeah it did dissolve the pharma.I feel like puking now just remembering the taste