We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is there software to make DMT art? Options

CrypticChronicles
#1 Posted : 6/9/2022 9:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows of some art software that's good for specifically making DMT art?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

murklan
#2 Posted : 6/9/2022 11:09:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 6/10/2022 10:00:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

murklan wrote:

I've come up with some fairly DMT-ish pieces after a fairly short time of tinkering with the controls of that one so, yes, it's a start. Exercising volition over form is tricky to impossible though.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Homo Trypens
#4 Posted : 6/11/2022 12:13:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

CrypticChronicles
#5 Posted : 6/11/2022 1:28:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you I wanna try and make some art on what is seen but using normal art software just takes ffffoooorrreeevvveeerrr. Although, copy-paste reverse images was a helpful breakthrough.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 6/13/2022 9:32:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

To be fair, it's pretty simple to come up with some reasonably trippy images just using GIMP. And as far as quickness goes, I don't think Michelangelo was complaining about how long it took to paint the Sistine chapel. Maybe he was on an hourly rate.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

capsdream
#7 Posted : 12/29/2022 3:37:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently started using Midjourney AI and some of the art definitely looks similar to some of my DMT visuals.

Sunnyside
#8 Posted : 12/29/2022 1:38:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

capsdream wrote:
I recently started using Midjourney AI and some of the art definitely looks similar to some of my DMT visuals.

It's not something I use, but I understand this is very popular here at the nexus.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Muskogee Herbman
#9 Posted : 12/29/2022 3:56:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1183314#post1183314
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

capsdream
#10 Posted : 12/29/2022 10:06:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1183314#post1183314

Really interesting conversation. I think I'm too new of a member to post to that thread, so I'll just respond here.

As a traditionally trained artist who just started exploring Midjourney, I resonate with multiple points of that discussion. I preface this by admitting that I’m still fleshing out how I feel about AI/machine learning art and, at this point, have more questions than answers. I initially stayed away from Midjourney due to many of the ethical concerns already articulated quite well here.

I started using Midjourney out of curiosity; specifically, to see if I could replicate DMT/trip visuals. I guess there was a part of me that wondered if trip visuals are formulaic… like having certain prompts inputted (neural pathways activated, etc.) to create particular visuals/outputs (like fractals, etc.). I have been able to collaborate with Midjourney to produce very similar DMT visuals among other types of “art.” It’s fun. It removes the barriers of technical knowledge, color theory, perspective, etc. But, again, that’s the dangerous part…having the potential to exclude those who have that knowledge and skill from making a livelihood. In my former life, before switching careers, I was a professional digital artist. So, this subject is of great concern to me.

Above all else, Midjourney is prompting me to think about what is “art.” Is the original concept/idea the art itself and everything else unnecessary “labor”? Or, is there something about the hours of toiling away and technical skill required that adds to the art itself? This is something I’m exploring.