We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
We share our Trichocereus Strains experiences Options

Grey Fox
#21 Posted : 9/24/2021 2:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All the best with your Macrogonus ShamanisticVibes! I think you will have a strong connection with them after raising them from seed. I hope they reward you well!

By the way "Macrogonus" is sometimes used as a catch-all descriptor for plants that fall somewhere in between Pachanoi and Peruvianus in appearance. There is actually a lot of variety in terms of what Macrogonus can look like. Just because the one I have isnt super strong doesnt mean that yours wont be. I wish you good luck with yours.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ShamanisticVibes
#22 Posted : 9/25/2021 11:33:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
All the best with your Macrogonus ShamanisticVibes! I think you will have a strong connection with them after raising them from seed. I hope they reward you well!

By the way "Macrogonus" is sometimes used as a catch-all descriptor for plants that fall somewhere in between Pachanoi and Peruvianus in appearance. There is actually a lot of variety in terms of what Macrogonus can look like. Just because the one I have isnt super strong doesnt mean that yours wont be. I wish you good luck with yours.

Thank you very much, Grey Fox!

Apologies, Jingamin, my intent was to learn a bit, myself, not to lead your post astray. It seems our conversation is finished anyway Big grin Back to business!
May we continue to be blessed

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 10/8/2021 9:01:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

What's up, jingamin? Your post deletions have really detracted from the value of this thread. That's a shame.

Quote:
I asked you to comment on hybrid species. for example; SS02, Eileen, Juuls giant.

This is now a moot point, considering you've deleted the request. Thumbs down

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jingamin
#24 Posted : 6/5/2022 7:35:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious about your new experiences. please share your new experiences. really excited.

8-Serpent-Wind
#25 Posted : 7/16/2022 7:45:11 PM

Retired from Forum

T. terscheckii has been identified as having N-methyl mescaline and some papers even identify alpha methyl variants, though there is difficulty distinguishing between NN-dimethylmescaline (called literally Trichocereine and known from T. terscheckii) and alpha-methyl-N-methyl-mescaline.

T. terscheckii and T. pasacana have both been reported to have pronounced stimulant properties upon ingestion. Interestingly T. 'Huanucoensis' has had similar effects reported in the past, but this was for a single clone of the material and I do not know if there is some general truth to the report of stimulant effects for the form or not.

jingamin
#26 Posted : 7/18/2022 6:21:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't care about documents or reports. I'm curious about the members' experiences.

8-Serpent-Wind
#27 Posted : 7/18/2022 6:27:48 PM

Retired from Forum

jingamin wrote:
I don't care about documents or reports. I'm curious about the members' experiences.

When a member shares an experience that is an experience report.

Typing it up in a readable format makes it a document.

Posting it in a place where 3 or more members can see it makes it a published document containing an experience report.

Anytime a person shares information about a psychedelic experience they are reporting it, and if it is written then they are literally documenting it.

I apologize for any confusion my word use may have facilitated.
My bad,
Sorry.

jingamin
#28 Posted : 7/23/2022 8:36:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing what you know. Don't give up on it

sledge
#29 Posted : 7/27/2022 7:46:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My very limited experience:

Lumberjack is consistently clean and powerful, also grows the fastest and is the hardiest of all plants in my collection. It is my favorite. Aesthetically very pleasing specimen. Experience provides introspection, giggles, powerful clean and alive feeling in the body with good visuals.

Torres & Torres is consistently potent and also one of the most visual I have experienced, but it can also get out of hand pretty quick -very powerful medicine. As a plant it is also fast and hardy with multiple, branching arms. Also, a very pleasing specimen from a growth and beauty standpoint. Overall very clean experience, strong visuals from warping cartoon landscapes to rich Mayan serpents and Gods, lots of introspective thoughts.

SS01 is potent and clean in smaller amounts, although only ever experienced in high doses in combination with SS02. These two combined made for a VERY visually rich experience, quite a bit of body load on the come-up. Good clean mind scape with no paranoia or other negative mental aspects, experienced in the forest at night, visuals included serpents with eyes on their backs dancing in the trees, visual elements the most similar to an Alex Grey painting of any other entheogen Ive experienced.

Eileen was powerful but not very clean feeling, left me feeling spun-out for several days and mentally foggy with thought perturbations for several weeks. Seriously felt like I had HPPD for several months afterward. Culled from the garden.

My opinion is:

Pachanoi provides the greatest overall experience with the good visuals, although there can be a higher body load, not quite as clean as Peruvianus.

Peruvianus is clean, powerful and divine. The visuals may not be greater than Pach, but it provides a very spiritual experience and is my preferred Trichocereus.

Bridgesii is highly overrated and has the greatest potential for negative mental aspects. Combine this with it's general frailty and susceptibility to rot and I have only kept a couple of these around the garden.

I have had so many named clones and seedlings I can't even keep track. These days I have narrowed the garden down to around 12 or so specimens worthy of lifelong companionship.

downwardsfromzero
#30 Posted : 7/27/2022 8:54:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

jingamin wrote:
I'm curious about your new experiences. please share your new experiences. really excited.

Last month I had a mild dose of a mixed brew from long-spined pachanoi and short-spined pachanoi, both of them unnamed. There was little in the way of CEVs, largely because only a limited amount of material was available, but the euphoria and prosocial effects were very welcome. The brew itself was the remnants of something prepared over 3 years ago and preserved with alcohol, leaving it as strong as sherry or even stronger. Interestingly, because of sitting on the cactus sludge for such a long time, the liqueur developed a sweetish taste and, indeed, was quite as palatable as an Amaro delle Alpi liqueur that I have - the level of bitterness was quite comparable.

(On that note, intentionally producing a cactus liqueur now seems like a great idea.)

Curiously, one of the effects of mescaline seems to me to be an overriding of the effect of alcohol. Consuming half a litre of 25% ABV booze over the course of three hours would otherwise produce a noticeable alcohol intoxication for me.

The other notable aspect of this experience was that, despite the low dose of cactus, it carried on working in some subtle way in the background, producing a solid sense of having grown up in some fundamental way. Of course, circumstances undoubtedly played their part in all of this. Having the opportunity to undertake such an experience under near-optimal conditions and then follow it up with two weeks of relaxation with regular visits to the beach - well, I can only recommend it as an approach.

Maybe it isn't all about the material, but also what one puts into the time around the experience in terms of both organisation and being able to respond creatively towards unpredictable events (which in my case included coming down with covid).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

jingamin
#31 Posted : 7/30/2022 6:50:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sledge wrote:
My very limited experience:

Lumberjack is consistently clean and powerful, also grows the fastest and is the hardiest of all plants in my collection. It is my favorite. Aesthetically very pleasing specimen. Experience provides introspection, giggles, powerful clean and alive feeling in the body with good visuals.

Torres & Torres is consistently potent and also one of the most visual I have experienced, but it can also get out of hand pretty quick -very powerful medicine. As a plant it is also fast and hardy with multiple, branching arms. Also, a very pleasing specimen from a growth and beauty standpoint. Overall very clean experience, strong visuals from warping cartoon landscapes to rich Mayan serpents and Gods, lots of introspective thoughts.

SS01 is potent and clean in smaller amounts, although only ever experienced in high doses in combination with SS02. These two combined made for a VERY visually rich experience, quite a bit of body load on the come-up. Good clean mind scape with no paranoia or other negative mental aspects, experienced in the forest at night, visuals included serpents with eyes on their backs dancing in the trees, visual elements the most similar to an Alex Grey painting of any other entheogen Ive experienced.

Eileen was powerful but not very clean feeling, left me feeling spun-out for several days and mentally foggy with thought perturbations for several weeks. Seriously felt like I had HPPD for several months afterward. Culled from the garden.

My opinion is:

Pachanoi provides the greatest overall experience with the good visuals, although there can be a higher body load, not quite as clean as Peruvianus.

Peruvianus is clean, powerful and divine. The visuals may not be greater than Pach, but it provides a very spiritual experience and is my preferred Trichocereus.

Bridgesii is highly overrated and has the greatest potential for negative mental aspects. Combine this with it's general frailty and susceptibility to rot and I have only kept a couple of these around the garden.

I have had so many named clones and seedlings I can't even keep track. These days I have narrowed the garden down to around 12 or so specimens worthy of lifelong companionship.

Dude, you are amazing. Love Thank you for sharing your experience.

LoveInTheDream
#32 Posted : 8/8/2022 7:06:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The brew itself was the remnants of something prepared over 3 years ago and preserved with alcohol, leaving it as strong as sherry or even stronger. Interestingly, because of sitting on the cactus sludge for such a long time, the liqueur developed a sweetish taste and, indeed, was quite as palatable as an Amaro delle Alpi liqueur that I have - the level of bitterness was quite comparable.

(On that note, intentionally producing a cactus liqueur now seems like a great idea.)

Interesting... to hypothesize- how would one best capture the magic in such a solution? Straight alcohol extract using a high proof and a long period of rest in a cool, dark place leaving the sludge until final decanting and filtering after the aging period? Or a traditional hot aqueous extraction (tea) then filtered and mixed with a high proof for preservation purposes? Or a 50% or so alcohol to start with- using a cold extraction w/ freezing and blending or using a careful double boil or sous vide?

I imagine filtering as much of the plant matter, fats, lipids and extra gunk out as early as possible would be beneficial in halting any secondary fermentation in the bottle during aging process. I also imagine that an aqueous step would be necessary to grab all the magic- but I am not sure about percentage necessary nor the necessity of using heat in any step.

ANy thoughts from the chemists in the group? This is an interesting proposition...

jingamin
#33 Posted : 8/16/2022 8:06:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious about the members' experiences. I'm curious about the thoughts, opinions, and strength of friends who have experienced the famous trichocereus clones.

mindSOULmosaic
#34 Posted : 8/28/2022 9:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently ate a pound of pachanoi “Awful” including the white core which was around 12 inches in length. The experience was very clear, and slighly euphoric with mild visuals. I don’t recommend ingesting it this way. A pound is a lot of material to stomach and I had very mild nausea throughout the experience. I think double the dose would have been the sweet spot.

I juiced about 14 inches of hutch 1597 in an auger style wheatgrass juicer. The experience was also very mild. Some mild visuals but I mostly felt like I was in a sober slightly stimulated headspace. I assume a lot of alkaloids were still present in the pulp which was tossed in the trash.

Last summer I brewed up a combo of bridgesii “Jada,” tpm x ss02, Kimura’s Giant x Bridgesii, and kimnach x (0201) and mixed in a small amount of white vinegar. I started out with 8 inches worth of brew and the experience was mild with open and closed eye visuals (patterns, and block shaped Native American/ Aztech looking patterns. In January I felt like I was in a very lost/ confused/ lacking direction state of mind, so I though I would ingest 2 feet worth of this same brew in hoping of gaining some insight into my situation. BAD IDEA. I started feeling the effects within minutes and I purged all of it about a half an hour after ingestion. I started tripping HARD. I was hearing all sorts of crazy cosmic sounds (blips, bloops, bleeps, etc.) and there were astral entities with a very trickstery vibe that I could not see but were speaking to me in a stereotypical extremely flamboyantly queer aesthetic (I mean no offense to queer folk but I can’t conjure up a more accurate description than that). I then started having visions of charnel ground occult yogis chanting in what sounded like a Sanskrit like language and the visuals started to become very grotesque and in rhythm with the chanting. I was seeing worms coming out of hairy buttholes and disgusting looking shiny fleshy appendages that don’t exist on a typical human body. Then “they” showed up. Female demonic entities dressed similar to nuns in red white and black robes. They all looked identical, and They all appearedto be around the age of 16 with porcelain white skin. They formed a circle around me and were performing hand mudras. I could feel their hatred towards me. Their vibe was cold and steely. I was freaked out at this point. I refused to close my eyes at this and turned on bright lights all throughout my house so the unpleasant CEVs wouldn’t have a chance to manifest. I listened to the recordings of Tibetan monks chanting mantras and writhed around on the floor. The melty patterns and colorful rainbow visuals were incredibly pronounced. I was so extremely stimulated that it was beyond discomfort. I had a horrible headache. My heart was beating so hard and fast that I could hear it audibly without plugging my ears. I even contemplated walking myself to the hospital as I was fearing cardiac arrest. I decided to walk around town for several hours until I could feel that the effects were subsiding. At one point a car drove past me with folk music playing. I felt the music so strongly that I had an inner orgasm in my heart area. The experience probably lasted 14-16 hours. The sweet spot for this brew was probably around 12 to 16 inches worth of tea. I still have quite a bit in my freezer if I feel called to experiment with it again. I am a bit wary of this brew through.
May all beings know real happiness, real peace, and real truth. May all being disentangle themselves from karmic bondage. May all beings help disentangle others from karmic bondage.

skelly0311
#35 Posted : 8/31/2022 5:10:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That sounds intense. I've never experienced visuals on mescaline close to what u were experiencing. That must of been a hefty dose. Did u smoke any weed while tripping. Pretty sure that can bump up the intensity a few notches.

mindSOULmosaic
#36 Posted : 9/1/2022 7:40:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I didn’t smoke any weed. Only had a little caffeine. I didn’t even eat any food that day which probably contributed to the potency. I attribute the strength of the trip to a large dose with a considerable amount of bridgesii and bridgesii hybrids in the brew.
May all beings know real happiness, real peace, and real truth. May all being disentangle themselves from karmic bondage. May all beings help disentangle others from karmic bondage.

jingamin
#37 Posted : 9/21/2022 3:15:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mindSOULmosaic wrote:
No, I didn’t smoke any weed. Only had a little caffeine. I didn’t even eat any food that day which probably contributed to the potency. I attribute the strength of the trip to a large dose with a considerable amount of bridgesii and bridgesii hybrids in the brew.

goods

thepyke
#38 Posted : 3/14/2023 3:20:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Was just reading through this board and very much doing the same thing on my own.. or should I say planning too. I have been growing SP since 2012 and have mostly used PC as it has been very reliable to me, however I have amassed quite a few different specimens since and the full spectrum extract is where it's at for me.

I consolidate my notes in an Application called Notion, it could be the perfect place for collaboration and moderation.

Anyway, nice meeting you all.

Cheers!

Wolfnippletip
#39 Posted : 3/15/2023 3:20:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:mindSOULmosaic
[ I recently ate a pound of pachanoi “Awful” including the white core which was around 12 inches in length. The experience was very clear, and slighly euphoric with mild visuals. I don’t recommend ingesting it this way. A pound is a lot of material to stomach and I had very mild nausea throughout the experience. I think double the dose would have been the sweet spot. ]

Interesting. I have two big pieces of Pachanoi "Awful", totaling about 8 kilos that I had to cut back last Season so as to be able to move the large pot it's in. It's about the fastest growing cactus I have. It looks a bit like PC so I've been hesitant to brew or extract it. Glad to hear it's active. Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

downwardsfromzero
#40 Posted : 3/15/2023 7:23:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

thepyke wrote:
Was just reading through this board and very much doing the same thing on my own.. or should I say planning too. I have been growing SP since 2012 and have mostly used PC as it has been very reliable to me, however I have amassed quite a few different specimens since and the full spectrum extract is where it's at for me.

I consolidate my notes in an Application called Notion, it could be the perfect place for collaboration and moderation.

Anyway, nice meeting you all.

Cheers!

Hey there and welcome!

Great to see another cactus fan on the block. Feel free to introduce yourself a bit more within the Welcome Area and, indeed, the Introductory Essay section if you wish - and it can be as brief or as detailed as you like.
You may have rightly surmised that the Nexus is less than secretly a front for cactus appreciation. Sounds like you got lucky with your PC specimens - but how much cactus material do you require for each dose?

It's nice of you to suggest collaboration via the (third-party, freemium) Notion app, although we prefer to keep the data in-house as that is the whole point of this forum existing as such, with the motto "Learn, Share, Expand". Add to that that some of us only use FOSS: https://notionzen.com/notion-for-linux/ along with the likely timescale of cactus potency evaluations and the use-case argument for Notion seems rather weak. Moreover, I strongly suspect that there would Opsec, legal and TOS issues: https://www.notion.so/Pe...f2b9411cbee6493f15779500

Quote:
You may not do any of the following, unless applicable laws or regulations prohibit these restrictions, or you have our express written permission to do so:
[...]
use the Service for illegal, harassing, unethical, or disruptive purposes
[...]

Still, it would be great to hear of your experiences with PC pachanoi both quantitatively and qualitatively.

PREV123NEXT