We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does iboga really nullify your DMT/Aya/etc. trips afterward ? Options

Hypnos
#1 Posted : 2/10/2010 4:47:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been reading a lot about iboga since Im gonna be doing it in 2 weeks, for healing purposes only. Iboga is something serious and in no way is something to mess around with.

I read that apparently some people took iboga and could not travel on spice/aya/cacti/etc. anymore. Does anyone of you have experienced it ?

I think its a good think not to take any other substances for a few weeks after the iboga but if it alters the effect of other entheogens forever its disapointing (I order MHRB at the same the so I might try spice before iboga).

Whats your take ?

H.
I AM.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:45:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Hypnos,

I have had two experiences with Iboga, and the first of these was without a doubt the deepest and most important plant/psychedelic experience...and really general life experience...I have had in my 25 years of being alive. Iboga is a very special, very ancient, helpful, healing plant, both incredibly powerful, but with a very gentle touch. But I agree completely it is not something to be taken lightly...it deserves considerable respect.

On the 'other entheogen' front...simply untrue. And quite on the contrary in fact! It is definitely wise to abstain for 2 weeks at least following Iboga, and during this time you will be flying on the SSRI effects of the norIbogaine and likely won't feel much need or desire for other entheogens... Iboga is interesting as it works on you positively for a long time AFTER the actual experience itself, and thus it is wise not to interfere with this patterning.

My personal observations;

Cannabis - like a different plant following Iboga. Apparently used by ngangas in central Africa in rituals and magic, sometimes in association with Iboga. For me now, cannabis is quite a profound problem solving plant...it could assist with this before, but much more so now following Iboga. I'm able to examine ideas and scenarios from different angles I'm unable to do while sober (the same thing occurs to a very profound degree on Iboga)...it provides levity and you see connections you didn't see before. It can also be more visionary...my third eye may open and I can sometimes see through my eye lids prior to sleep.

Ayahuasca - since Iboga my relationship with the vine has changed. Before I was seeking incredible visions of the ayahuasca serpent/spirit, which I never received...ayahuasca, both in Peru and here in the UK is consistently gentle with me...playful but never taking me deep or really giving much therapy. Now though, post Iboga, I have had a few ayahuasca sessions, (Daime ayahuasca to be exact, in a Daime style ceremony which was actually really cool...but no I ain't Christian!)...I've got over the vision seeking art of me in this regard. Visuals are often just part of the architecture, and while entertaining at times can distract one from really healing. Ayahuasca now fills me with nourishing and cleansing warmth and light. I feel completely in the present and very greatful for everything I have in life...I exude positivity, and this afterglow stays with me for some time afterwards. The caapi vine is a very special plant. I have a friend who has also experienced Iboga and her experience with ayahuasca has deepened from this.

Mushrooms - my number one ally...they were before Iboga and still are now. If you take mushrooms a few weeks after Iboga you will find them considerably more powerful. I had 6 dried liberty caps (a TINY dose) 2 weeks after Iboga...this is barely enough to feel...and it opened my third eye as clear as had been open on the Iboga.

Mescaline/cactus - I had some acetate around 3 weeks after my first Iboga experience...very pleasurable, and again my third eye opened! Cactus resin is my thing these days and very good indeed.

DMT - I have only smoked it in the form of changa since Iboga...but its just as powerful as it always has been...but since Iboga there has been very little anxiety in the experiences, and some have been incredibly pleasurable.

Also Iboga will not cure anyone of using a substance that you feel comfortable using, such as DMT. If you are addicted to smoking/alcohol/cannabis e.t.c., this will likly be flagged by the Iboga, but if DMT or other psychedelics are a valued part of your life, then this will simply not be an issue.

Anyway Hypnos...all the best in your initiation in a few weeks time. Iboga'd people are quite thin on the ground, so it will be quite fascinating to compare notes in the future maybe... Wink

Take care Cool

jamie
#3 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:54:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

this is all good to know since i planontaking iboga either this comming summer or fall..probly in the fall becaue it will be easier to stay away from other plants for 2 weeks durring that time..in the summer i like to eat mushrooms alot around the fires at the beach..and will bedoing lots of work with aya..

I know what you mean about aya and not focussing on visions..well I do get visions from aya..but not really cev much at at..i have very deep meaningful dream like visions with it at times on the verge of sleep where I travel..but mostly aya is all about this overwhelming feeling of love and beauty..so serene.
Long live the unwoke.

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 2/10/2010 6:10:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey fractal agree with you on the ayahuasca front. I'm sure one day...maybe even one day soon..I will have a deeper, more visionary experience with ayahuasca (I will be working with caapi and Chaliponga next time...), and I do get visuals, but they certainly aren't the main event so to speak.

Interesting you describe ayahausca and sleep...my first ceremony here in the UK was very gentle on me...and yet at some stage I almost fell asleep, and right then I suddenly got this surge of incredibly deep geometric green visions, and felt pressure on my shoulders, like a powerful force was pushing down on them. Only lasted a few seconds, but was very powerful. I think surfing those lower brain waves on the edge of sleep can be quite powerful...I've noticed it effect other things like mushrooms and cannabis.

Hypnos
#5 Posted : 2/10/2010 10:43:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Bancopuma for the lengthy answer. Ill be sure to start log everything post/after Iboga and to record my trip very well (Ill use my mp3 recorder first and then transcribe everything).

Ill be sure to let you know how it was. Im very excited (in a good way) about this.

Cheers,

H.
I AM.

GratefulDad
#6 Posted : 2/25/2010 9:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga has only made me more receptive to other psychedelic mind states and experiences, however, it is recommended to abstain from other psychedelics for at least a few weeks afterward, and one doctor, recommends no boosting even with ibogaine, for at least 90 days. This was Dr. Kamlet's advice, when giving ibogaine treatments, but does not fall in line with all types of treatment/journeys, as many providers will recommend small boosters within days of the initial experience, to stave off any residual withdrawal, when used for substance abuse interruption.