We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to clean my DMT? Options

oxalic32
#1 Posted : 12/8/2009 10:19:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm posting this for a friend from another forum.

Quote:
So, i did an extraction, but my bark was powdered, not whole, and my lye solution was too thick.
I pulled 4 times, and they all had the red tint to the naptha.
after doing the freeze precip i have 4 jars with DMT xstals, and a layer of brownish sediment.
How can i clean this? Was thinking i could do a small scale A/B to clean it.
Heres my plan.
Make a vinegar solution w/ approx 6mL of white vinegar/42 mL of distilled water.
make basic solution of 5g lye and 50mL distilled water
Add same amount of naptha as lye????
Figured i could use some naptha to redissolve all my xstals, add all solutions together, then let it seperate.....pull the naptha and i should have clean naptha/DMT correct???

Someone please help me out here, i hate to just scrap it, i feel it can be salvaged.....
possibly maybe?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 12/9/2009 1:03:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't throw anything as it can definately be salvaged. Depending how much contaminate there is you might be able to clean it with a simple sodium carbonate wash, that was all my friend did to rid any impurities gathered on his extraction.

It is dead easy - redissolve your crystals & gunk in the naptha by warming it in a hot water bath. Take a pinch of SC, add it to some distilled water, then add a few ml of this water to your redissolved crysals / naptha mix. Slush it around & shake it a bit to mix the two liquids and the impurity should migrate into the water / SC mix. Carefully separate this water from the naptha with a pipette. You might have to repeat the process with clean water / SC mix a couple of times until the water is not discoloured from your impurities.

To further purify, you can recrystalise once you have your reasonably clean spice. There are plenty of threads describing both of these processes here, just search for them.

Good luck!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Stellar
#3 Posted : 12/9/2009 4:25:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ox for the help! I can post now....
hey 1664 thank you also.

Stellar
#4 Posted : 12/9/2009 4:34:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How or why is the sodium carbonate better/preferred over just adding a bit of lye solution and the naptha, then separating and freeze preciping?
Learning as i go here.....
The thing is this: my naptha holds that red tinge, which is the sediment. Will the sodium make that drop out??? Im pretty clear on the cleaning/recrystallization part, its this part that is making me scratch my head.....

soulfood
#5 Posted : 12/9/2009 4:44:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Sodium carbonate is preferable for this because it's non-toxic.

The wash may get rid of the red tint, if not you may have to A/B your results.

#6 Posted : 12/9/2009 11:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So Ox really was posting for a friend in another forum? That has to be a first.
Wink
Sic transit gloria mundi

Stellar
#7 Posted : 12/11/2009 3:13:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could someone give me a quick overview of the SC wash.
I take it i will redissolve the DMT/residue with warm naptha. I will have approx 200 mls of naptha.
Now heres where i need a pointer or two.
From what i gather, i will add some Sc to some distilled water, mix and put in a jar.
What ratio do i use, SC:water????
Also what ratio of SC/water:naptha do i need?

Can someone help me, or put me towards a link or something. Im new here, and the search isnt helping me.......

Thanks in advance!!!

Yes 1664, ox saw my plea for help and posted for me! 5 breakthrus to him!!!!

#8 Posted : 12/11/2009 3:20:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From Vovins Tek

Begin by taking about 50 ml of Distilled water and placing it into a flask and adding sodium carbonate to it. Just add a pinch to the water. It doesn't take much. You will only be using this mixture for the first wash. Do not use it for the second and third washes.

A little dab will do yah here, add only a small amount of the water/sodium carbonate solution to your naphtha. If you have 300 ml of naphtha then you want to put around 25 ml of the sodium carbonated water. Mix the 2 together and then place them in a seperatory funnel. Shake the hell out of it this is the only mixing step where the liquids separate almost immediately so no worries about too much agitation. Separate the water from the naphtha and discard the water.

Repeat if you need to!!
Sic transit gloria mundi

#9 Posted : 12/11/2009 3:24:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On Vovins Tek it says to do the final wash with just water. My friend did this and he seemed to lose some spice into the water. Not sure if this is a recognised problem or he just got something wrong. Since then he has just used SC and water mix and the results have been perfect. Ice white crystals every time.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Stellar
#10 Posted : 12/11/2009 4:35:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks alot for that tidbit!!!! Im gg to read on Vovins after lunch. At this point, i want to make sure im not screwing up (MORE!!).
Not too sound nitpicky, but whats a "dab"...Tablespoon, teaspoon, 5 grams, 50 grams???

I can cook food like no other, so i know what a "dab" spicewise is......
Im guessing with just 50mL of water, a dab is just that, a teaspoon or so worth!

So close to workable product! Hopefully it will make our Xmas even Merrier!!!!

#11 Posted : 12/11/2009 4:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I read it doesn't matter too much how much you use. My friend used literally 2 pinches in about 100ml of water and it worked fine.

sounds like a merry xmas to me Wink
Sic transit gloria mundi

Stellar
#12 Posted : 12/11/2009 6:19:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! That whats i was wanting to hear, i may be able to salvage some goodies yet!!! DMT under the Xmas tree is going to be epic! Hope you and yours have a nice holiday! Cool

Stellar
#13 Posted : 12/14/2009 3:00:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Got a question??
I did two washes using SC water and it removed a vast majority of the gunk from my naptha.
My naptha looked very clear and very yellow!!!
I checked my jars this morning, and the naptha is very, very cloudy...what have i donE wrong???

Maybe im jumping the gun, i will check again this evening.

q21q21
#14 Posted : 12/14/2009 5:13:45 PM

SWIM

If it is in the freezer and is cloudy, that means the dmt is precipitating, it's a good sign.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Stellar
#15 Posted : 12/14/2009 6:04:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

k, then i will be patient. Im hoping it means theres a good bit of goodness in the naptha!!!
Here's hoping....

ragabr
#16 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:43:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last time SWIM did an extraction, she used cold water for the SC wash and it seemed to crash a lot of spice out of the Naptha; she had a lot of spice before the wash, and little after. This time around she tried using room temp. water. The naptha/heptane mix was pretty saturated, and after releasing most of the water, SWIM noticed an amount of sediment forming that looked like more SC than she put in. She saved as much of the sediment as she could, but doesn't want it in her spice if it is just SC. Should she not use saturated solvent for the washes?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms