We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Test thh that you do not convert yourself Options

Jacubey
#21 Posted : 5/12/2022 1:42:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Haven't gotten around to reagent testing yet. Still in the midst of moving.

I did find something "new" though. Something I was doing with the Thh conversions turned blue. I don't remember leaving this in the fridge, but I do know it was something from a thh conversion process. I found it while moving. I'm fairly certain this was the glass with the reddish precipitates.

I can not over state how deep of a blue this is. I am tempted to try to use it as dye or something, but of course I have no idea what it is or how dangerous it is.
Jacubey attached the following image(s):
20220511_190622.jpg (1,126kb) downloaded 304 time(s).
20220511_190627.jpg (1,971kb) downloaded 304 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ShadedSelf
#22 Posted : 5/13/2022 1:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tried the PCing + Ascorbic Acid, used 15g of acid, about a liter of water and a bit over a gram of mansked freebase rue extract, PCed for about two hours, which might not be enough.

The solution glows a bit paler and a bit more towards indigo under UV light compared to the shiny cyan that rue usually is for me, I assume from indigo(harmine) + green(harmaline) giving cyan.

Its also a bit more hazy, like light has a bit of trouble going through for some reason.
Not sure if this would "hide" harmalines green, or if the solution is genuinely less green now.

First picture is before, second is after.

Ive basified the solution and waiting for alkaloids to settle, it hasnt gone clear though, it is now a brownish red.

I will compare their glow to rue extract from the same batch once the alkaloids are cleaned, but for now it does seem like some sort of conversion might be going on.
ShadedSelf attached the following image(s):
IMG_20220513_102651[2].jpg (3,865kb) downloaded 291 time(s).
IMG_20220513_133148[2].jpg (4,060kb) downloaded 291 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 5/15/2022 9:38:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ShadedSelf wrote:
Tried the PCing + Ascorbic Acid, used 15g of acid, about a liter of water and a bit over a gram of mansked freebase rue extract, PCed for about two hours, which might not be enough.

The solution glows a bit paler and a bit more towards indigo under UV light compared to the shiny cyan that rue usually is for me, I assume from indigo(harmine) + green(harmaline) giving cyan.

Its also a bit more hazy, like light has a bit of trouble going through for some reason.
Not sure if this would "hide" harmalines green, or if the solution is genuinely less green now.

First picture is before, second is after.

Ive basified the solution and waiting for alkaloids to settle, it hasnt gone clear though, it is now a brownish red.

I will compare their glow to rue extract from the same batch once the alkaloids are cleaned, but for now it does seem like some sort of conversion might be going on.

Thanks for trying this. That second pic sure seems to be bluer and less intense. This is a reasonably strong indication of removal of some harmaline in some way. The harmaline fluorescence is strong and overwhelmingly dominant in mixtures of the three (H/DHH/THH).

What metal is your PC made of? Did you cook directly in the PC without any other (glass) reaction vessel?

With my repeated PC ascorbic cooks on whole rue seed, all twelve were only 20 minutes each, making a total of 4 hours cooking time plus heating and cooling - this latter one being considerably longer in duration than the cooking. Each cook had at least ten grams of vitC added. And the eight cooks prior to the last one were done on alternating halves of the kilo of seeds.

In light of this, it may be better to add the ascorbic acid in increments to the reaction mixture. It may be better to heat the mixture to only 80°C as this lessens the decomposition of the ascorbic acid. The only reason for using a PC at the lower temperature is that it fairly effectively limits the amount of atmospheric oxygen that can get into the reaction.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShadedSelf
#24 Posted : 5/18/2022 11:14:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im pretty sure its stainless steel, I cooked it directly without any other sort of tools or vessels.

I am a bit confused now though, I took some of the PCed alkaloids, compared their glow to regular rue extract and I couldnt see any noticeable difference.

I still want to give this another shot next time I extract from seeds.

Jacubey
#25 Posted : 6/1/2022 6:05:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Finally getting settled and beginning to resume my experiments.

The Thh I converted tests positive for lead, but with the reassurances I've gotten so far, I suspect this is because I layered coffee filters rather than a proper buchner filteration setup with #101 filtration disks. I probably just allowed particulate zinc and lead through the filters and in to my product. I will get the proper filtration set up and do it right next time.

Do not skimp on filters!

ShadedSelf
#26 Posted : 6/1/2022 9:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting.
I had this thought, if one washes the zinc dust on coffe or high flow rate filters before the reduction, that might wash away some of the finer lead and other particles, so when you are properly filtering the final THH containing solution there might be less particles small enough to get through.

Did you ever try the magnesium route?
Ive been doing a bit more research and Ive found a magneisum ribbon analysis and some vendors that claim no lead at all.

Jacubey
#27 Posted : 6/2/2022 4:04:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I haven't gotten around to doing the magnesium route yet. I want to get through my experiments with zinc first.

Next thing I'm going to try is cotton filtration (since I've seen it mentioned several times now), and check if it also winds up with lead contamination. After that I'll do a conversion with proper lab filters.

At this point I've made enough mistakes that I may as well exhaust all the simple mistakes to see how it effects outcome.

I'm still super curious about the insanely vibrant blue liquid I produced.

Jacubey
#28 Posted : 7/2/2022 3:07:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Apparently this ava69/69Ron/traegar/Professor8 person has been a bad actor. My attempts at running a thh conversion are entirely based on his astroturfed bullshit. On top of that he repeatedly talked down my concerns about lead, which should've been a red flag.

To anybody following this, I recommend running lead tests after doing any conversion to thh. Sure, I was not using the correct filters when I got lead, but there is reason to believe there may be lead even if I'd filtered it properly. Make sure you're using pure reagents and test everything.

I am likely going to end my pursuits with thh, and leave it to people like downwardsfromzero to refine the process for us. In the meantime I am reasonably sure the things ava69 has said to promote thh (wondrous amazing visions dissimilar to harmaline) are bullshit and I'm unlikely to be missing out on much.

I believe | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | may still be an interesting thing to explore, to improve bioavailability.

Bill Cipher
#29 Posted : 7/2/2022 3:16:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bad actor, indeed. I promoted you from the Nursery for your troubles.

Jacubey
#30 Posted : 7/2/2022 3:31:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
Bad actor, indeed. I promoted you from the Nursery for your troubles.

Thank you Bill, I am honored Smile. I've been lurking since Covid and this site has really changed my life.

I sincerely hope people didn't read this stuff and come to believe using lead contaminated zinc is absolutely safe.

ShadedSelf
#31 Posted : 7/2/2022 10:11:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blue.magic did claim to end up with non lead contaminated THH, so proper filtering might be effective.
Did you ever run you THH through cotton in a funnel or paper filters and test it? I feel like that could be valuable data for this topic.
Also, what are you using for your testing?

Another possibility might be to look into cleaner reductants, Magnesium does seem to have less lead as far as I can tell, I remmeber reading about Aluminium and Iron being another possibility in some thread, Iron would be a good candidate since it seems to be available free of any heavy metal contamination, not sure if this was already tested at some point though.
NaBH4 can be found quite pure too:
(Cl): <0.2%
(Pb): <0.00043%
(Cu): <0.00015%
(Cd): <0.0001%

Jacubey
#32 Posted : 7/2/2022 3:58:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
Blue.magic did claim to end up with non lead contaminated THH, so proper filtering might be effective.
Did you ever run you THH through cotton in a funnel or paper filters and test it? I feel like that could be valuable data for this topic.
Also, what are you using for your testing?

I used a 3m lead test from the home depot. They're very expensive (2 for 12$). The cheap ones I could find had bad reviews about false negatives.

I could run the Thh through cotton, but it's a freebase right now presumably with freebase lead as well. I'm not sure how I'd dissolve the Thh in to a liquid for filtration without also dissolving the lead (vinegar would form thh-acetate and lead-acetate I think) . I'd have to rerun the whole experiment, which I could do... I'm just not particularly invested in thh anymore. I don't see many posts outside of the 69ron family that talk about thh as fantastically as he does.

Maybe I'll test my magnesium for lead and if it comes back clean I'll try again. Or maybe I'll find the motivation to do it with the zinc again and filter properly. Really not sure right now.

ShadedSelf wrote:

Another possibility might be to look into cleaner reductants, Magnesium does seem to have less lead as far as I can tell, I remmeber reading about Aluminium and Iron being another possibility in some thread, Iron would be a good candidate since it seems to be available free of any heavy metal contamination, not sure if this was already tested at some point though.
NaBH4 can be found quite pure too:
(Cl): <0.2%
(Pb): <0.00043%
(Cu): <0.00015%
(Cd): <0.0001%

Aluminum oxidizes instantaneously with exposure to air, so I'm not sure about that one. Wouldn't the oxide layer prevent it from working as a reducing agent?
I don't know enough about reducing agents to comment really, besides to say that using a heavy metal free reagent is the way to go, in my opinion.

nb6SnZ
#33 Posted : 7/11/2022 7:04:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I'm a new member and I am reading the forum for more than a decade. I ended up applying for a membership because I'm interested in THH more, than I get out of mere reading.

I have done a lot of research (literature) about THH outside nexus and I believe it to be a very interesting substance no matter what the 69 guy says. Also I know curanderos with scientific backgrounds who are convinced the brews with more THH are the more heartopening ones. Makes sense considering the SRI properties of THH.

Soon I'll try a conversion my self. I'll probably try both, zinc and magnesium. I just wanted to chime in here for a moment to say: don't dismiss THH just because of mistrust in one member here. Also I believe, apart from the possible lead contamination, the procedure proposed does sounds sound to me.

edit: Also, how much of a problem really IS the lead contamination? Hear me out. So for example mg ribbons, not particularily pure https://www.thermofisher...rmo-scientific/413380250
have 50ppm of lead. Assuming you make an extract with 5g harmaline and use 5g of magnesium (that is more than needed as far as I know.) you will end up with 250ug of lead in your process. Assuming you can filter out only 50% of that you will have 125ug left in some 4g (not sure about that) of THH. Assuming you consume 200mg of it, which depending the source is a lot or certainly enough, you have 6.25ug of lead in your THH dose.

depending the source the daily intake of lead through nutrition is in the 100-200ug range.

Sure, that is all ballpark at best, but even if I make the numbers 10fold worse, it doesn't seem like such a big deal for rare consumptions. Am I wrong?

ShadedSelf
#34 Posted : 7/11/2022 11:53:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, the math does say that you would end up with less heavy metal contamination per dose that the max daily intake levels for adults that I found on google, even assuming every last bit of lead makes it into the final product.

I think this could be deemed safe specially if you intend to take this very sparingly.
Though obviously you dont want to take any heavy metals if possible.

Still, it might still be worth to do some reseach as to how to make this as safe as possible since you are the one making it, for example:
Does either HCL or vinegar or perhaps other acid dissolve lead slower than the other proportionally to how fast it carries the reduction?
Is cotton in a funnel enough?
Does diatomaceous earth help?
Is there a way to precipitate heavy metals before precipitating THH?
Etc...

Jagube
#35 Posted : 7/11/2022 2:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FWIW, after filtering out the metal particulates through a coffee filter paper and cotton, I put the reaction vessel back on the stirrer and stir it some more (potentially with extra acid). The idea is to give the undissolved metal dust that made it through the filter one more chance to dissolve. But if lead is so poorly soluble that probably doesn't make a difference in this regard at least.

And a question from me. I've been using zeolite as a dietary supplement touted to detox the body by removing heavy metals among other things and it's used commercially in water and air purification systems. I'm wondering if zeolite would be effective in cleaning up THH reductions? The potential procedure being as simple as: add some zeolite powder to the solution/suspension, stir it for a while and filter it through a coffee filter (no need to filter thoroughly as zeolite is ingestible and passes through the GI tract). Any thoughts?

nb6SnZ
#36 Posted : 7/12/2022 9:01:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ShadedSelf wrote:
Yes, the math does say that you would end up with less heavy metal contamination per dose that the max daily intake levels for adults that I found on google, even assuming every last bit of lead makes it into the final product.

I think this could be deemed safe specially if you intend to take this very sparingly.
Though obviously you dont want to take any heavy metals if possible.

Still, it might still be worth to do some reseach as to how to make this as safe as possible since you are the one making it, .

I agree, and if only for the challenge! Smile

PREV12