We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[IMPORTANT] Merging of SPANDRES into CEL Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:51:30 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hello all members,

In recent months an idea that started small, slowly began to bloom into reality. With people working on it in the background and all.
This 'secret' project we were working on is called SPANDRES, which stands for Expanding Resonance as in expanding entheogenic knowledge to the general public.

Let me show you here a slightly modified draft version of what we originally planned... (much thanks to endlessness for the write up!)

Spandres and the future of mankind

As many have noticed, The DMT Nexus has grown considerably the last year, with a big influx of new members and threads, coupled with several new website features and ideas, as well as important breakthroughs in the psychedelic use and extraction investigations. Coupled with the new technological and scientific advances of our time, it is becoming possible to achieve what was previously unimaginable, such as the Spandres Project!

Spandres is envisioned as an active collaboration between Nexus member and laboratories, in order to increase our knowledge of entheogenic plants and spreading that knowledge to the general public. This project will be made possible by money generated in a Nexus Art Shop, to which members may donate their art, that will be available as shirts, posters and so on. For those that do not want to buy some product but still want to donate, this will be possible through 'buying' digital artwork in downloadable image format. The administration will keep transparent accounts available to the members so that all can see the money being raised and that it is being spent justly on the project.

We feel this is a huge step in our community and that we can benefit greatly from it. But for that, we need the help of all the members that are willing to help. If you are asking yourself what you can do to help this come true, here are some ideas;

* Donating artwork or buying artwork
* Giving feedback on the whole project in general. Got advices, suggestions, criticism? Go ahead
* If you have more technical knowledge and means for the scientific part of the project, contact us, there might be help we need
* Any other way you feel you could contribute, let us know

As you all can see a merge of this project into CEL would create a great collaboration platform to work towards the freedom of entheogenic use.

With the revenues from the donations and sales of art work we can start financing scientific research and legal advice/assistance!

I keep you updated on the technical (as in websites) work of merging this into one platform.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 2/10/2010 3:56:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh man, what a wonderful idea!! This is JUST the kind of things we need right now. It is so wonderful to see that the enemies attempt to create fear and disturbance among us, only generates will to fight back. Thank you so much, you wonderful people!

I will for sure buy artwork, no question about it. I am not much of an artist myself, but I will see if some of my friends would like to donate anything. Personally, I can help with knowledge about plants, their cultivation, their constituents, and their historical and current use, but the chemistry I will have to leave to the people who really know their stuff.

Keep up the great work, I am getting tears in my eyes by seeing so many wonderful ideas with so much enthusiasm!

MagikVenom
#3 Posted : 2/11/2010 5:58:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is wonderful work of great importance. Its a shame maybe most will not think the same as me (LOL) but when I hear of ELF it makes me think of the environmental terrorist group ELF

"The ELF was classified as the top "domestic terror" threat in the United States by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in March 2001"

Its a FBI key word ELF, they may be all over any other organization that adopts this abbreviation for there organization certainly it will draw there attention. I bet a FBI agent has already read this thread.

These misguided souls have been calling themselves Elves for quite some time now. They help lab rats by releasing them from there cages into the wild be it the freezing cold of Minnesota they set the lab rats free, free to die is the freezing snow of the Minnesota winter. They call it REwilding when they set animals free most of the time the animals are just subjected to more torture and death once free as we all know lab animals can not survive in the wild.

They mean well but have not really thought things out. Just a bit of my humble input. This cause is dear to my heart. I wish it well.

Peace Friends

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:54:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:

This is wonderful work of great importance. Its a shame maybe most will not think the same as me (LOL) but when I hear of ELF it makes me think of the environmental terrorist group ELF

"The ELF was classified as the top "domestic terror" threat in the United States by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in March 2001"

Its a FBI key word ELF, they may be all over any other organization that adopts this abbreviation for there organization certainly it will draw there attention. I bet a FBI agent has already read this thread.

These misguided souls have been calling themselves Elves for quite some time now. They help lab rats by releasing them from there cages into the wild be it the freezing cold of Minnesota they set the lab rats free, free to die is the freezing snow of the Minnesota winter. They call it REwilding when they set animals free most of the time the animals are just subjected to more torture and death once free as we all know lab animals can not survive in the wild.

They mean well but have not really thought things out. Just a bit of my humble input. This cause is dear to my heart. I wish it well.

Peace Friends

MV - You're not alone. I think the group is the "Earth Liberation Front". As you stated, there could be a significant conflict here.

That being said, I think these organizations are a remarkable idea, and I am all for them. The only way to fight for the rights to our own consciousness is to create a real organization, with funding, backing, and a substantial fighting membership!

Good work guys! I will certainly help, and be active in any way I can!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

corridors of my cells
#5 Posted : 2/12/2010 3:02:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good at last this project is on.. gud work trav... tell me how do i donate and i start to donate... i dont know what to do and how.. please give me some info about how do i donate my artwork

Acolyte
#6 Posted : 2/13/2010 6:51:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile

It could be really cool if your Art Site did a Psychedelic Artbook! Even with some works reflecting from the visions of those here on the nexus!! perhaps the eBook too?

http://www.lulu.com/publ...hoto_books/?cid=nav_phbk

cool cool cool
?

Virola78
#7 Posted : 2/14/2010 12:02:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Traveller,

..collaboration between nexus members and laboratories, in order to increase our knowledge of entheogenic plants and spreading that knowledge to the general public..

What kind of projects?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

tryptographer
#8 Posted : 2/22/2010 7:57:40 PM

tryptamine photographer

Only just catching up on this... fantastic initiative! There is a war going on, some resistance is needed. Part of the war is an information war, here's where we come in non-violently.

I have art and 3d modeling/animation skills, would love to contribute. But I'll be in survival mode for some months; the bills have to be paid. (keeping in touch with the Nexus being the major motivation!)

Hmm... are we naive, hoping that a bunch of Rational Adult Psychoactives Users (RAPU) will change the world? [-- rant deleted]

clearlyone
#9 Posted : 1/20/2011 2:56:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My hope is that 'rational interpretation of factual evidence' is a founding principle. Or instill scientific methods and formal research evaluation criteria within the charter. (may be so already)

The effort should be wary of responding to unfounded media etc... unless by informed fact based rational.

There certainly is allot of fear propoganda.

It's humanly tempting to defend a position emotionally. But emotional-based responses, however aligned with objective reality, is a strategic error which opens up the effort to valid attack IF NOT Rational and based in factual and formal analysis.

Just a perspective. Will most likely support CEL. Looking forward to learning more about the initiative.

"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po