We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Salvia Vs DMT Options

Thinkers_Corner
#1 Posted : 5/1/2008 4:06:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi All.

I read a post today on a music related forum on the topic of Salvia.
This person tried some X60 SALVIA.

Last thing i remember after taking the hit and holding it in, was putting the bong down, and then i remember turning around and looking at my friends face and suddenly my whole world just spun into a tunnel. I don’t remember much for about 1 minute where i was just sitting down in my chair, then my friend tells me i stood up and looked like was going to fall down on the floor, so he grabbed me.

At this point i remember my body stretching to such a point that it blended with everything else. I suddenly lost my body, and i became a wave of energy that was floating under the blue sky. I felt like i was no longer me and i was just a part of everything, and everything was a part of me. (My friend said he grabbed me and helped me lay down on the bed, and was telling me i was OK)

I remember laying down, but it felt like i was twisting and turning in this wave of light and energy, and i saw my friends face in the middle of it and i realized that he was in this other "reality" with me, and when he said it was OK, i understood that this "wave" is reality and that human body on earth is just an opaque mirror... I don’t remember what happened after i accepted the fact that i was no longer me... next thing i remember was standing up from the bed. Apparently I said "She's calling me, I have to go. Am I going to be OK?". I remember m friend asking me, where are you going? Then I responded "Shes calling me, I have to go, Mother Tree is calling me". I remember at this point being in morphing jungle tunnel and at the other side of it was "mother tree" and she wanted me to go with her through the tunnel.... The last thing i did before coming back was telling my friends "OK im going after her her" and i took my shoes off and jumped under the cover in bed" By this time it was too late, it had worn off and she closed the door on me, and i couldn’t follow her....

Swim has not yet tried DMT or SALVIA, but has a keen interest in both.
Swim has read most of the DMT related literature and thinks that the Salvia experience seems very similar at high concentrated doses...

Other parallels with DMT:

"If salvia is smoked the main effects are experienced quickly. The most intense ‘peak’ is reached within a minute or so and lasts for about 1-5 minutes, followed by a gradual tapering back. At 5-10 minutes, less intense yet still appreciable effects typically persist, but giving way to a returning sense of the everyday and familiar until back to recognizable baseline after about 15 to 20 minutes"

"When considered by mass alone, salvinorin A is the most potent naturally occurring psychoactive compound known"

Swims main questions to the DMTNEXUS community are:

How does the concentrated Salvia dose compare to that of DMT?
Are the experiences similar, or very different?
Does anyone have any experiences that they would wish to share?

Thanks
think.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

adrian89987
#2 Posted : 5/1/2008 5:38:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The only way that salvia and DMT are similar are in intensity and duration...and common method of ingestion.

Besides that they are worlds apart. And salvia is far far scarier to most than DMT is.

When I do salvia, it's as if my consciousness has been replaced with a new one that I do not have the instruction manual for.
With DMT, I burst into brilliant white light and merge with the universe, and it feels good. I've always disliked that Salvia body high on the other hand...extremely uncomfortable for me.

My most common experience with salvia is experiencing reality split into all of the infinitesimal moments, and the passing of each one rocks my body most uncomfortably...usually I somehow end up standing up though I never remember this happening and When I come back I am standing somewhere different than I start. Also salvia gives me a dreadful since of deja vu, as in "Oh no this again asljhasdlgbhsfg..." while I get a Deja Vu on DMT however I do not dread it at all, I feel like I'm being welcomed back into a party I had momentarily departed from.

Salvia is some powerful stuff and deserves a lot of respect, DMT and salvia both have this in common.

Garulfo
#3 Posted : 5/1/2008 11:07:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well said adrian.

Salvia and DMT are two sides of the same coin. One side is green-dark the other is white-bright. Salvia is stressful while DMT is relaxing but both may learn you who you are. Listening music with Salvia is really nice tough, while music is distorted with DMT.

Thinkers_Corner
#4 Posted : 5/2/2008 2:42:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replys, interesting stuff...
Does anybody have any experiences of X60 Salvia to share?
think.

Sinewave
#5 Posted : 5/2/2008 6:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I only have experience with straight salvia leaves and those have brought on some very powerful experiences. I don't see the point in using high powered extracts.

I have found that breathing deeply and properly is key to really experiencing salvia without discomfort. I will typically be very relaxed and already in a meditative state when I start smoking, and I take deep breaths between hits.

The physical experience, when you are relaxed and breathing properly, is quite divine. I can feel time, and the heavens above me, and I feel as if I'm sitting on a flower, like something out of an old Indian fresco or painting. My gf has comfirmed similar feelings with the same approach.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 5/5/2008 2:14:55 PM

The Great Namah

If one reads over a large group of first time salvia experiences, one will find a large majority that say:

Never again
Haven't felt right for days afterwords
Hellish
Whooped my ass
...and such

On the other hand if one reads first time DMT experiences:

Amazing
All I can say is wow
Saw Birth and Death of the universe
Best thing ever

All one has to do is read enough reports on Erowid or anywhere else and you can see what I am talking about. My favorite reports to read though are the jimsonweed experiences. They give my quite the chuckle. Crazy kids!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Sinewave
#7 Posted : 5/6/2008 6:08:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
My favorite reports to read though are the jimsonweed experiences. They give my quite the chuckle. Crazy kids!

lol!

gigaschatten
#8 Posted : 5/7/2008 1:46:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always listen to music when going to Salvialand. Here's one of my reports:

Quote:
First I smoked a few portions of leaves and I got some visions of a garden again, of clean plastic stuff with silly patterns on it. I got angry and spoke aloud: "Don't show me this shit again, don't do this to me. It's like you're not there and I get some replacement vision, some bullshit you left behind to give people awe that don't know better." Yes, I was angry because it's like I had glimpses at todays topic and Mrs. Teacher, I was not pleased with how you planned to waste my time. I gave it a break.

It was an hour later, maybe more when I decided to smoke extract allthough I was expecting a sequel of the plastic garden lesson. But I wanted to talk to her, wanted to know why she wastes my time when I ask for directions. Björk sung in the background that she is a fountain of blood in the shape of a girl when I lighted the torch and took the hit. Then it overcame me like a blanket of darkness, a flood of waxy waves. My body was gone and all that was left was the artist's voice singing of taking me away. Again I was making excuses because I felt that going with them would mean to destroy my body. Somehow a part of my mind was still hooked in reality, dragging in people I know or maybe not as an anchor.

I checked the lyrics and the record of "bachelorette" later. They resemble quite well what happened to me, nevertheless the words I heard being sung to me were totally different. The original is very beautiful as well though:

I'm a whisper in water
a secret for you to hear
you are the one who grows distant
when I beckon you near

life is a necklace of fears
your uncried tears on a string
our love will untie them - come here
loving me is the easiest thing

I think the next time I will use a stronger extract so I can tear apart the connection to this world at last, once at least - I used 0,1 grams of 5x this time.

I'm not only listening to music when using Sage. Sometimes I write a Song after an experience. Go to http://www.myspace.com/triprock and listen to the song "Gentle Cuts". It reflects a vision I had with Sage. The words are written on that page below.

Currently I'm working on a new song that summarizes my relation to Sage. If you want, I'll post it when I'm done.
God is dreaming us.

polytrip
#9 Posted : 5/17/2008 11:12:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Sinewave wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:
My favorite reports to read though are the jimsonweed experiences. They give my quite the chuckle. Crazy kids!

lol!

I have never done salvia, but i have done datura and the things i hear from salvia remind me very much of this jimsonweed stuff. I do not think i am ever going to try datura again or salvia. What i like about tryptamines is that you don't become totally insane during your trip. With the jimsonweed i not only had conversations with creatures that where n't there, the house i was in was at one moment flying through the sky, doing loopings and corkscrews but at that moment i found this all completely normal and it did not even occur to me that these things where maybe not realy happening! so i think without a babysitter it might be pretty dangerous and you might do things you'd normally consider to be unwise.

adrian89987
#10 Posted : 5/18/2008 6:02:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ie running down the side of a highway completely naked in the middle of the night

Dimitri_Spice
#11 Posted : 5/20/2008 8:10:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

it sounds as though you speak from experience adrian. Surprised

polytrip
#12 Posted : 5/20/2008 6:22:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
adrian89987 wrote:
ie running down the side of a highway completely naked in the middle of the night

Though,when doing something like that, the middle of the night seems to be the most apropriate time......

adrian89987
#13 Posted : 5/20/2008 8:38:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hah well I havn't had experience running down the road naked

But I HAVE had the experience of fighting off 6 paramedics while in the intense delirium.

benzyme
#14 Posted : 5/25/2008 6:08:45 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

kappa-agonist means you're dissociated, somewhat analogous to sigma-agonists.
delusions of grandeur.
I think of scopolamine and salvinorin-a (though different receptor ligands) as deleriants more than hallucinogens (which dmt and psilocybin are)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

medicine 4 the mind
#15 Posted : 5/26/2008 1:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

from my personal experience dmt = heaven while salvia = hell. dmt feels like your in a friendly, supportive and incredibly beautiful place, while salvia feels hostile and damn right weird.
dont let the world shape who you are, let who you are shape the world

idtravlr
#16 Posted : 6/11/2008 5:18:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
kappa-agonist means you're dissociated, somewhat analogous to sigma-agonists.
delusions of grandeur.
I think of scopolamine and salvinorin-a (though different receptor ligands) as deleriants more than hallucinogens (which dmt and psilocybin are)

I was thinking the same thing exactly. Salvia is like a deleriant with psychidelic undertones, where as DMT is purely psychidelic. IMHO.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

memo
#17 Posted : 6/15/2008 10:04:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never done dmt. Done lots of lsd & mushrooms & a lot of similar synthetic tryptamines. I have done 20X Salvia. It disassociated me with my time and place in the universe. Coming down was like a Goony Bird landing. For a time I wasn't quite in the same room. The TV was on and it was like there wasn't the separation between me and who ever was on the tv. It was like the walls were all down in space. There was a feeling that it disabled a part of my brain for a time being that didn't quite feel like it was a physically healthy thing. The disassociation with my time and place in the universe was a profound insight though. I have always considered LSD and mushrooms to be more illusory than hallucinogenic. I did take Marazine once (motion sickness pills)as a kid. Those were true hallucinogens. I caught myself talking to my friend who had earlier gone home several times and I've known people who have had spiders the size of cars running along side the car they were driving. LSD is much harder to come by these days but I always considered it my ally, it never lied to me. I have had delusions on mushrooms so I take what they are telling me with a grain of salt, although it's hard to argue when you are looking upon the face of God (I generally consider myself an Atheist although very grateful and humble to exist and to have the Shamanic tools to touch upon the exquisite nature of existence). I hope that they don't make Salvia illegal because of all the kids putting videos of themselves tripping on it up on Youtube and because some of them have committed suicide because of the realization of their insignificance in the big scheme of things. People get killed climbing mountains, snowboarding, skiing or jumping out of airplanes but you don't hear people screaming to make all these pursuits illegal. Hopefully one day the persecution of people who use psychedelics in their pursuit of knowledge and religious experience will end. I'm sure looking forward to my first dmt experience, it's slowly precipitating.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

benzyme
#18 Posted : 6/15/2008 5:58:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

marazine is dimenhydrinate, an anticholinergic like benedryl (diphenhydramine), scopolamine, atropine and hyoscamine. (datura). these are deleriants in high doses, more of a stupor than a hallucinogenic trip.
personally, I don't consider anything that gives me a fish-eye lens view of everything, which datura and benztropine did, a hallucinogen. these don't bind 5HT2A, the receptors associated with psychedelic ligands such as psilocin and dmt.
though like excessive dosages of salvia and dmt, higher doses of anticholinergics are amnesic.
I think it's because the mind shuts down after too much overfiring of neurons, by initiating inhibitory responses (GABA perhaps(?).

the tryptamines, such as psilocin and dmt, are pure hallucinogens
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

memo
#19 Posted : 6/16/2008 3:53:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My only problem with the word Hallucinogen is it's similarity to hallucinate which is exactly what you do with high doses or Marazine etc. Those weren't very psychedelic experiences. Salvia does have a psychedelic touch to it but nothing like lsd, mushrooms or mescaline.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

Placebo
#20 Posted : 6/17/2008 7:20:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia is rarely done right. Smoking it is not the way to ingest it. I have to agree with almost everything this woman has to say: Kathleen Harrison at WPF
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
Buddha

123NEXT