We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pure cacao + banisteriopsis Options

javat
#1 Posted : 5/27/2022 9:54:11 PM

ufa yage chiga ña

Hello how are everything, I start to make some chocolate bars without milk , fats or other things, i just roast the cocoa that where i live is cheap and one of the best cacaos of the world, they are good flavored
so I roast it and put it to get cold, also I make some chewing balls with caapi extract 70 x caramelized

the last months I was very alcoholic so i start to use it yesterday, I put for each ball of 10 grams of cacao and almost 1-2 grams of the caapi extract. so yesterday i was drinking too, and i decide to chew a bar of cocoa and go to sleep, when i woke up i was very energetic and not heavy thinking in drink beer, with good mood and general healthy
javat attached the following image(s):
IMG_20220520_110232003_HDR.jpg (7,202kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
Screenshot_20220413-141057.png (652kb) downloaded 87 time(s).
AYAHUASQUERO DE CORAZON

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 5/28/2022 6:37:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Combining cacao with MAOI is not the best idea. Here is an article where it is explained why: https://www.firstclassme.../2017/death-by-chocolate

"Normally, excess of nor adrenaline is kept in check by the mono amine oxidase enzyme, but in patients who are on MAO inhibitors, this enzyme is not functional. The result is an adrenergic surge which leads to tachycardia, vasoconstriction and a general increase in sympathetics."

The problem is not as severe with reversible MAOIs as with irreversible ones. Still gave me unpleasant feelings when I tried this.

Good luck on the path away from alcohol!
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 5/29/2022 9:26:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It certainly doesn't feel right in the body when harmalas and chocolate are combined.

But is it dangerous? I dunno... harmalas aren't like pharmaceutical MAOIs, from which the "cheese reaction" has originated. They are reversible, and apparently, that makes a significant difference.

Perhaps we ought to seriously acknowledge this. I see a lot of misconstruing of MAOIs and RIMAs and, although the intention is good--safety first--it bugs me because it's an extrapolation that doesn't seem to be justified.

Still, proceed at your own risk.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 5/29/2022 4:19:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've combined Caffeine, as well as Theobromine, with Rue/Harmalas on several, and i do mean several, occasions. I haven't tried Cacao or any of it with Caapi, though. With that said, the primary concern imo seems to be with the CYP1A2 inhibition of the Harmalas, specifically Harmine. CYP1A2 is responsible for metabolizing Caffeine, Theobromine and other things, like my sleep medicine Tizanidine, i use the 1A2 inhibition of Harmine to potentiate my Tizanidine, works well. I've also noticed potentiation of Caffeine many a'times, and have also noticed potentiation of Theobromine. When it comes to 1A2 substrates, when there's inhibition involved, the dosage of the 1A2 substrates need to be reduced, cut in half at the least, especially when consumed either at the same time as or up to about 10 to 12 hours after the Harmalas, that seems to be when 1A2 inhibition is in effect. Whereas if you consume a 1A2 substrate either earlier in the day, or after about 10 to 12 hours after the Harmalas, there won't be any potentiation, that i've been able to tell.

With that said though, i like a little Caffeine, or Theobromine, with my Rue/Harmalas. But i've taken some pretty stiff dosages even on top of 1A2 inhibition, and haven't ever had anything "negative" come from it, although i wouldn't recommend consuming too much Caffeine or Theobromine in general.