We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Very slow progress, still unsure how to make this work Options

BobDobbs
#1 Posted : 5/26/2022 5:19:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Months and months ago I was trying to follow one of the food-safe methods for my first attempts with extraction. Whichever one it was, there was no non-polar solvent step and I wound up with really quite nasty impure DMT-ish goo. Just recently I returned to a few of those early jars with some quite yellow alcohol and acetone layers. I drew off and completely evaporated that liquid in other containers and then added a little naphtha and scrubbed away at the dry residue with a cotton swab - which gave me quite yellow naphtha and some kind of gummy residue. I allowed the naphtha to settle and clear and then drew off the clear yellow naphtha into a shotglass and put it in the freezer. I'm optimistic that some fairly white crystals have now settled out of that solution.

Emboldened by this possible success I've started over with another 100g of MHRB, still trying to stick with food-safe chemicals (Q21Q21's Vinegar Lime process). I'm at the naphtha step, with the jar in a hot water bath and gently mashing the contents with a spoon. But it looks like absolutely zero yellowing of the naphtha. My based plant material may not have been wet enough - its consistency was like clay before adding the naphtha.

In the meantime I've seen a how-to video that appeals to me in which the based plant material is filtered out and then naphtha is added to the remaining very dark red liquid.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 5/27/2022 5:57:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The naphtha won't necessarily turn yellow when pulling from the lime paste. (Nor is it necessarily 'food safe', but I wouldn't get overly concerned about that.)

In the absence of any further discernible question I'll merely encourage you to persist with the naphtha pulls and wish you luck with the freeze precipitation.

As far as mashing lime paste with a solvent goes, I'd recommend using a good quality dining fork. This helps meet the objective of maximising the contact surface area between the paste and the solvent.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli