We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
About the 'music' tab in the chatbox Options

The Sofa Traveler
#1 Posted : 5/26/2022 9:49:52 AM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hi there, I hope I ask this question in the right part of the forum : what is exactly this 'music' tab in the chatbox, and how does it work ? I first thought it was a kind of 'youtube bin' but some admins told me it's for streaming aim but they wasn't sure. Let me know Pleased Cheerz.
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Sofa Traveler
#2 Posted : 5/28/2022 10:37:41 AM

I had confirmation that it was indeed that (audio streaming), I even tested and it works perfectly Smile Maybe some improvements could make the system more convenient and more visible. For example a player with a single play button right next to the streamer's .xspf link would allow users to play the music directly in the browser (easier to handle than downloading a .xspf file to open in a local multimedia player). Maybe a highlight on the tab to announce that someone is streaming would also be nice.
Cheerz =)

DeeMenTalist
#3 Posted : 5/29/2022 1:39:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember in the past benzyme or maybe cyb was doing some streams occasionally. Not whats going on nowadays though...

justB612
#4 Posted : 5/29/2022 9:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We gotta catch Traveler online sometimes and see what the plans r for the chatroom, cuz i think the play button is something even I could write up with a days of googling and it would be good practice, but if they wonna wrap up the whole chat anytime soon sohuld just wait for that...

Cool feature tho would love it it'd get more use.
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 5/30/2022 8:09:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wow, it's news to me that this possibility of direct streaming via the chat even exists! Perhaps I'll try it out sometime soon. My home DJ booth plugs into the computer, after all. And I'm kind of surrounded by a mountain of vinyl...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

The Sofa Traveler
#6 Posted : 5/31/2022 2:05:02 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
My home DJ booth plugs into the computer, after all. And I'm kind of surrounded by a mountain of vinyl...

It gives us a big point in common =)

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 6/1/2022 9:48:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
My home DJ booth plugs into the computer, after all. And I'm kind of surrounded by a mountain of vinyl...

Good to hear it. Your work here has inspired me to have a warm-up spin this past afternoon; next time I hope to plug it in to the streaming facility.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

The Sofa Traveler
#8 Posted : 6/2/2022 1:32:09 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The Sofa Traveler wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

Good to hear it. Your work here has inspired me to have a warm-up spin this past afternoon; next time I hope to plug it in to the streaming facility.

I hope I'm on the right time zone to be able to listen to this =) Which is your main musical area ?

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 6/10/2022 11:43:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I'm in the same time zone as you Smile I could play almost anything but mostly it's in the range scaling from disco/funk through house into varieties of techno and trance. But lately I've just been busy relaxing in the garden Laughing

The Sofa Traveler
#10 Posted : 6/11/2022 9:13:18 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I'm in the same time zone as you Smile I could play almost anything but mostly it's in the range scaling from disco/funk through house into varieties of techno and trance. But lately I've just been busy relaxing in the garden Laughing

Sounds nice but I can understand you have better time relaxing in the garden (so do I). Let us be aware when you decide to drop a little broadcast for us Cool