CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
(Micro)dosing harmala's Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 5/25/2022 5:26:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently, there are all sorts of health effects, attributed to beta-carbolines.
They are said to help prevent cancer and maybe parkinsons, to name a view.

Now i happen to know that there are some people in this community, who are takin either caapi or rue, on a daily basis.

So i wonder what your experiences are.

Would you consider your use "microdosing", or do you take substantial amounts? Is it true that you become more sensitive to psychedelics if you take harmala's everyday? Or to sunlight?

Feel free to share your experiences with the rest of us.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 5/26/2022 2:38:25 AM

Surrender and BE free

Welcoming committeeModerator

I presently drink 5g of rue tea every evening usually during my meditations. If for some reason I am unable to drink my tea, then I will orally take some freebase harmalas. This has been consistent for about a year. I started with 3.5g and over time worked my way to 5g. I tried 6g a few weeks ago and got rocked. For me, when a rue experience is "too much," I tend to become more nauseated and have an internal sense of movement that can become disorienting, but can lead to some very deep states of consciousness. They can sometimes be hard to sustain due to intensity. I have purged on just rue as well.

I have noticed the following as I've traveled down this path: increased resiliency in life and with regard to life events, better and longer investment in my meditation practice, better sense of well-being, improved immunity, centered/balanced more often, better gut management (such as in psychedelic states; I haven't purged from DMT or changa in a while), and better clarity.

It seems apt to say that my sensitivities have increased to light and psychedelics, but I'm also hypersensitive anyway. I do notice an impact and mitigation of this increased sensitivity by the increase in resilience.

I'm very pleased with my bond and relationship to rue. It's opened a lot of doors and helped in my healing process and treading my path.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. πŸ‘½

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 5/26/2022 12:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5 grams...wow. That sounds like a lot. I think i'm gonna start a little lower than that.
But good to hear it's working for you.

For me, harmala's also increase my sensitivity to cannabis, making it very psychedelic. Even visually. Have you noticed that as well?
The first time i experienced this, it realy of knocked me off my feet. Wich was a bit awkward, because i was iceskating and had just taken a few puffs of a joint before i went on the ice.Laughing

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 5/26/2022 1:49:01 PM

Surrender and BE free

Welcoming committeeModerator

dragonrider wrote:
5 grams...wow. That sounds like a lot. I think i'm gonna start a little lower than that.
But good to hear it's working for you.

For me, harmala's also increase my sensitivity to cannabis, making it very psychedelic. Even visually. Have you noticed that as well?
The first time i experienced this, it realy of knocked me off my feet. Wich was a bit awkward, because i was iceskating and had just taken a few puffs of a joint before i went on the ice.Laughing

I do recommend starting lower. I began at 3.5g, but had one attempt at 5g before reverting back and choosing to work myself up. I spent a fair amount of time kneeling with my forehead to the ground and my arms outstretched, which is a grounding position for me.

There's certainly a synergy between rue and cannabis. I had already began unlocking the psychedelic potential of cannabis, but then everything blasted open as I began increasing my rue dosage and experimenting with other plants snd herbs. I think it's fair to say that more days than not, I at the very least have a mild psychedelic experience Smile

And I would not try ice skating even with just rue. I'd probably get really high for such an activity thoughVery happy

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. πŸ‘½

Jees
#5 Posted : 5/26/2022 2:38:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Apparently, there are all sorts of health effects, attributed to beta-carbolines.
They are said to help prevent cancer and maybe parkinsons, to name a view...
Hi dragonrider,

I wonder if the prevent-cancer comes from the quinazolines mainly.
If so, after a manske these properties might been 'gone'.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...f%20cancer%20treatment.
Quote:
2.7. Quinazoline derivatives with apoptotic activity
Quinazolinones and their derivatives are well known as biologically active molecules and are especially used in anti-cancer therapies for breast and other forms of cancer treatment.

https://www.sciencedirec...s/pii/S0278691517301035
Quote:
In this work three major quinazoline alkaloids were isolated from P. harmala extracts and characterized as peganine (vasicine), deoxypeganine (deoxyvasicine) and a novel compound identified by ...(peganine glycoside)...whereas peganine and peganine glycoside accumulated in high amount in dry seeds reaching up to 1 and 3.9% (w/w),

For full spectrum effects I Cap ground rue seeds in AA caps, then it holds aprox 0,55 gr, So far didn't roast. I'd like to take 1 cap a day, sometimes 2 with time in between. I call this micro or mini dosing.
If I feel like then I take 2 at once.
As a base for vaping deems later on then I take 3, maybe 4. Starting from 4 little nausea might come up, not so with 3. I avoid coffee around rue, that makes me uncomfy.
2 gives a nice head space.
I do this for 1, or 2, or 3 months, then stop for some weeks, cycling looks like a good idea.

Time ago I started with caapi tea (stopped with rue) , drinking a tea daily from 10gr powdered wood. If the volume is not reduced then it tastes good. After a week I started to feel a tad detached from the world and my lower eye lids swelled a bit. This effect was reproduced later. So I paused and started again at 5gr powdered boiled wood a day, that seemed better.

Comparing the rue to caapi: rue does not detach me from the world and always has a 'happy' effect on me. Caapi wrapped a blanket around me but I started to be a little 'isolated' from the world and it does not make me 'happy' as rue does. Caapi came across more serious (boring?) and rue more playful.

I'll keep doing both, cycling with them, and periods off use.

The caapi can be boiled (3 to 4 hours) in liters, for example 20gr in 2 liters, filter and drink that over 4 days. I add a pinch of citric acid in the boil.

I'll be happy to read others approaches.

Jees
#6 Posted : 5/27/2022 9:02:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
...I wonder if the prevent-cancer comes from the quinazolines mainly...
The beta carbolines seem to be active too.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34332400/
Quote:
Ξ²-Carboline alkaloids are a family of natural and synthetic products with structural diversity and outstanding antitumor activities.

Espurrr
#7 Posted : 6/13/2022 7:00:16 PM

β—‹

recently ive received a sample of harmalas extracted from rue seeds from a friend, in which all the harmaline was converted to tetrahydroharmine, so only harmine and THH remain, ive been taking harmalas for years and i find this converted sample much better suited for microdosing due to less side effects and longer duration, it is also more energetic and clear

universecannon
#8 Posted : 6/14/2022 2:43:42 PM

β˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I took them for years. It's been some time now. Anywhere from 20 to 100mg or so a day. 5g rue would rock me for probably 20 hours lol. 2g does for 12hrs. I noticed a great increase in sensitivity to psychedelics, especially harmalas. I needed less and less. But I also combined it with heavy melatonin use and a long term fruit based diet, so it is hard to tease the individual factors apart when determining what caused what long term effect. I suspect it hijacked my internal production of similar compounds that we know already exist in the brian (pinoline for example) because I often have haramala-esque effects at night "sober", including the classic harmala visual flutter, and enter those hypnogogic states very readily. To me they helped change the architecture of thought into a more expansive and visual topography. They felt very recalibrating in a general sense of well-being. But I was combining them with almost weekly high doses as well, which really shines in silent darkness

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 6/14/2022 6:35:12 PM

Boundary Condition

ModeratorChemical expert

universecannon wrote:
To me they helped change the architecture of thought into a more expansive and visual topography.
I've noticed this as well since developing a more regular harmala practice. My mode of thinking is even more visual than it was before, more holistic and with rather less of the internal verbalization. It feels to me as though frequent harmala use supports an ongoing, beneficial rewiring of the brain. My back pain is also much more manageable nowadays which could also be due to neurological regeneration.

A footnote here is that I've even found direct application of the whole raw seeds to be beneficial for oral health - more so than alkaloidal extracts or roasted seed tea.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jees
#10 Posted : 6/15/2022 4:31:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
...A footnote here is that I've even found direct application of the whole raw seeds to be beneficial for oral health - more so than alkaloidal extracts or roasted seed tea.
If only for the simple reason that powdered seeds work like a charm, it does not need to be extracted at all for microdosing. I cap them in AA caps, just over 0.5 gr per cap. Feeling vape-ish? Take 3 caps in advance, this is just below nausea levels and will tame/prolong the vape-crazy.

PS: no raw rue for pregnant people.