CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Subdued vision Options

Solar62
#1 Posted : 5/22/2022 5:21:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi , I have encountered a phenomena which is baffling & concerning. Last week when using my V.G. with kind of borderline breakthrough dose ,the experience was not unusual in content but what was , was it was very dim , like a T.V. who's brightness had been turned down. This has kept on occurring. I reacted & reached out for my dab rig ,loaded it hard & not a problem. The following days however , using just the rig seem to be a slight dimming as well, I' m monitoring it all the time but it's much less .The V.G.though was unmistakable ,the trip being hardly visible at times . Now I know what sort of lighting is optimal & that 8s not the problem. Interestingly the first time it happened was following a day at work where I was painting a fire damaged room ,then at home a used a torch lighter for the first time on the VG , it was like a whole burning synchronicity thing, very odd to be sure .Anyway that it continued & possibly spill over to the dab rig is a concern t.b.h. I don't want third eye blindness if you will. Does anyone have any ideas or help .Thanks.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 5/22/2022 5:28:07 PM

Surrender and BE free

Welcoming committeeModerator

Sometimes this could be a sign that a break may be necessary to bring back usual vividness. How often have you been engaging the spice and what's your dosage range?

Also, try adding some harmalas to the mix.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Solar62
#3 Posted : 5/22/2022 5:35:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi thanks for swift response. Right ...well I've recently returned after a 6 year break & have been approaching it quite higher doses now , with say 2 or 3 sessions of 4 or 5 hits a week for the last month . I've considered harmalas but would like to resolve the main issue first.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 5/22/2022 6:05:17 PM

Surrender and BE free

Take a couple weeks off and revisit. Depth of visions should resume thereafter.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Solar62
#5 Posted : 5/22/2022 6:49:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Voidmatrix , I've just had a breakthrough dose with my dab rig & it was very 'smoky' like the VG , I'll heed your advice & have a break , I doubt I'll last 2 weeks though 😉 Many thanks for your help.

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 5/22/2022 7:00:39 PM

Surrender and BE free

Solar62 wrote:
Hi Voidmatrix , I've just had a breakthrough dose with my dab rig & it was very 'smoky' like the VG , I'll heed your advice & have a break , I doubt I'll last 2 weeks though 😉 Many thanks for your help.

I sometimes feel like an outlier because I love the "smokey" experiences.

Was there anything enjoyable about this most recent experience? Anything challenging?

For my own understanding, why is it you feel you won't last two weeks?

And you're more than welcome. It's what I'm here for Smile

One love

Solar62
#7 Posted : 5/22/2022 7:21:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The pros were it was nothing if not an unspeakably beautiful environment but the challenges were only that it was viewed through a grey filter which is heartbreaking after the delight of my much more committed return to Hyperspace .
The reason I said I doubt I'll make two weeks is that I've have gotten such a lust for life & the gift that this spice gives that it will be hard to resist .However in reality I'm a grown up & will do whatever is required to heal . I had surgery 6 weeks ago so I'm well practiced at waiting at the moment. 👍🙂

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 5/24/2022 11:58:49 PM

Surrender and BE free

Thank you for your response Smile

Have you tried journeying since? If so how did it go?

And I feel you on that, though I tend to have a hard time doing what I'd like.

One love

Solar62
#9 Posted : 5/25/2022 12:19:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Mr V , no , I'm still abstaining but I'm going to have a trial trip at the weekend , if all is o.k I 'll continue at a more paced rate & if the problem is still there , I'll take a full 2 week break. I'll post the result to add to the database . May I ask you , have you actually heard of this particular phenomena before ? Thanks.

Solar62
#10 Posted : 5/29/2022 12:37:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I had 4 major trips last night & one today & I still have much diminished clarity , in fact one trip was not only as if through a filter it was as if in black & white , monochrome ,no colour at all .
My physical eyes are also performing below par , so I've a hunch that both my outer & inner vision are connected . The eyes are governed by the liver in T.C.M. , so I am going to concentrate on getting my liver back in order & hopefully that will do the trick.

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 5/29/2022 1:30:42 PM

Surrender and BE free

Solar62 wrote:
Hi Mr V , no , I'm still abstaining but I'm going to have a trial trip at the weekend , if all is o.k I 'll continue at a more paced rate & if the problem is still there , I'll take a full 2 week break. I'll post the result to add to the database . May I ask you , have you actually heard of this particular phenomena before ? Thanks.

My apologies, I somehow missed this. However this is a phenomenona that I've heard of and have experienced, though not in a long time with doses where clarity of sight is anticipated.

What were your doses for these last 5?

One love

Solar62
#12 Posted : 5/29/2022 1:47:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No worries. I'm glad to hear it's a noted phenomena. No pussyfooting last night , 30 + mg's a hit .B.T.W. The last one , last night which was totally monochrome I abandoned & boosted it with a second equal measure hit ... oh my life ! With eyes fully open ( I always close my eyes ) I was in place I have never been before for sure ! Still trying to assimilate it ... it could take awhile I think 🙃

GLTASN
#13 Posted : 5/29/2022 8:05:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you dmt is older than 2+ years since it was extracted I rec a re-x. I just did a post about how my recent trips were pastel and faded. After the re-x the same amount really delivers. My dmt is stored in tine glass bottle kept from air,heat and light but still got faded. I used heptane for re-x btw. Good luck!
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

Solar62
#14 Posted : 5/29/2022 8:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's very interesting, I'll check out your post shortly. My spice was less than a week old though . It's really encouraging to hear that you had diminished vision too . I'm very please your sorted now though of course. 😎

Solar62
#15 Posted : 5/30/2022 3:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Re - edit . I just reread my thread & saw I'd entered 50 + mg , as my Saturday nights hits , that should have been 30 + mgs. I've edited it now .

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 5/30/2022 4:05:41 PM

Surrender and BE free

GLTASN wrote:
If you dmt is older than 2+ years since it was extracted I rec a re-x. I just did a post about how my recent trips were pastel and faded. After the re-x the same amount really delivers. My dmt is stored in tine glass bottle kept from air,heat and light but still got faded. I used heptane for re-x btw. Good luck!

Interesting. I have some from acacia that is several years old and I don't particularly experience any diminished visuals as a result of it's age. What did you extract yours from?

Solar62 wrote:
No worries. I'm glad to hear it's a noted phenomena. No pussyfooting last night , 30 + mg's a hit .B.T.W. The last one , last night which was totally monochrome I abandoned & boosted it with a second equal measure hit ... oh my life ! With eyes fully open ( I always close my eyes ) I was in place I have never been before for sure ! Still trying to assimilate it ... it could take awhile I think 🙃

Was it more vibrant and visually vivid?

One love

murklan
#17 Posted : 5/30/2022 4:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious about how a re-x can change the experience of the molecule. My understanding is that a re-x only gets rid of any 'impurities' and does not alter the DMT in any other way. Right?

Voidmatrix
#18 Posted : 5/30/2022 4:15:22 PM

Surrender and BE free

murklan wrote:
I'm curious about how a re-x can change the experience of the molecule. My understanding is that a re-x only gets rid of any 'impurities' and does not alter the DMT in any other way. Right?

This is my understanding as well. The only thing I can think of is that a re-x will potentially remove anything that N-N-DMT covers to

One love

GLTASN
#19 Posted : 5/30/2022 5:17:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix, Murklan
I posted a thread on the re-x I did on old MHRB dmt in in dmt discussion section about my experience. I'm not a chemist so not really sure of what's going on but deduce that it restructures bonds that have deteriorated or broken down from exposure to air, moisture over the years, oxidation but not really sure. It definitely did something so drop a .25 gram of stuff you know in a re-x and post report on my post/thread. I'm happy to answer any questions there so I'm not responsible for hi-jacking the OPs post/thread. My re-x doesn't apply to thier situation. Thx
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

Solar62
#20 Posted : 5/30/2022 5:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Was it more vibrant and visually vivid?

One love [/quote]

No , much the same the last one being totally monochrome, I re -routed & added another hit which took me into new opened eyed territory.
The whole thing is baffling, I welcomed GLTASN comment & read his thread ( it would be much appreciated to be able to post there ). I must say that I felt that it was like something deliberately sabotaging it at times ,which GLTASN kind of alluded too
. However the fact that he had a great result is brilliant yet baffling too .My first problems only happened with my VG & then later effected the dab rig ...another mystery .
Personally I do commit myself fully to a thing but always treat D.M.T. with great respect, I have taoist practices for protection & intergration I employ before, during & after .
6 years ago I had a 3 month run of over a 100 trips ,no problem then had a total break from psychedelics . Now 3 or 4 weeks into a return , one which I hope to be a permanent feature of my life now , this phenomena. So relieved & even more baffled to read other members reports. A real head scratcher for sure.

12NEXT