We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Success Options

Kittynoggin
#1 Posted : 5/23/2022 7:32:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Decided to go for it today. The first time was 20mg. I screwed it up, mild effects. The second time was 20mg and I got it right. I could feel a heaviness close in around me. I shut off the torch and set my glass tube down. I raised my arms in triumph then quickly went horizontal.

I began slow deep breaths with my eyes closed. The usual black empty background in my mind's eye began to develop form and texture. This whole time there is a cold spike of adrenaline in my chest and my heart is racing. It is hard not to interpret this as a sign of danger. I tell myself I am fine and this is to be expected. I focus on breathing. Adrenaline and racing heart continue.

A large root with leaves coming out of the top began to take form. It reminds me of a young evening primrose. The leaves were moving something around as if they were arms. I had a sense that whatever it was up to, was something totally alien. This caused me some alarm.
The plant changed into a marshmallow piston machine/creature and it seemed that it was inside a large refrigerator.

I was aware of part of myself looking for a way out of the experience. I also never lost awareness completely of the room I was in. I can't say for sure, but I think the whole experience lasted maybe two minutes.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

3HitChimp
#2 Posted : 5/24/2022 6:39:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A racing heart is not a normal effect of dmt. It could be that you fear the experience and that triggered the adrenaline release. It almost sounds like you had more of a head rush from huffing paint fumes more so then a dmt trip, or maybe the adrenaline canceled out the dmt.. Could also be a bad extraction or poor source material or a number of other things.

DMT hits you so fast more often then not you dont even have time to set down your smoking device and lighter.

The fact that you had time to "shut off the torch and set my glass tube down" says you had a mild effect at best and yet had the side effects. Something isn't right..

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 5/24/2022 1:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Given the inherently intense and unknowable nature of DMT, your experience with racing heart is unsurprising and likely nothing to worry about. The experience is overwhelming and we can remain on edge until we are able to truly surrender to the experience.

However congrats! As you practice and dial in your method, the further you'll go.

Did of the imagery that came up have any meaning or symbolism for you?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Kittynoggin
#4 Posted : 5/24/2022 9:38:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hard to say. I got the plant material from what seemed to be a reliable source. I used a well known extraction tek. Slightly yellow crystals were the result. The crystals look right.

I've read reports of racing hearts, so I went into the experience expecting it to happen. I was excited/nervous beforehand. I don't think it was abnormal.

I suppose it is possible that I didn't hold the vapor in long enough. I forgot to saturate my blood with oxygen before taking the hit, so I wasn't able to hold my breath for very long.

I think I have devised a good way to vaporize the spice, I will practice more with 20mg amounts.

As to the images, I don't know really. They were brief and chaotic. I have been thinking about primrose over the past year. They came up in my yard and I didn't know what the young plants were. I thought they might be radish for some reason. I thought the same thing when I had the vision, oh it is a radish. In retrospect I'm pretty sure it was a primrose. They hold some mystery for me I guess. I suppose that is why I had the impression it was up to something I couldn't understand.

The marshmallow thing was like watching an organ operate. Perhaps a representation of my subconscious or something.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 5/24/2022 11:55:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your deems are likely just fine Smile

It could be that you didn't hold it in long enough. Do you remember roughly how long you did?

Let you experience marinate and you may find some new gems Pleased

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Kittynoggin
#6 Posted : 5/25/2022 12:06:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm maybe ten seconds or so.

3HitChimp
#7 Posted : 5/26/2022 4:39:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its ok to just do one hit and see how that goes. You should feel some effects, normally I feel cold and my skin tingles or is itchy, and you might hear a slight buzzing sound in you ear. I've blasted off 500+ times and have never had a racing heart or anything even close to a racing heart. I also always like a religion or something water fast before hand a min of 2 to 6 hours.

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 5/26/2022 5:17:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3HitChimp wrote:
Its ok to just do one hit and see how that goes. You should feel some effects, normally I feel cold and my skin tingles or is itchy, and you might hear a slight buzzing sound in you ear. I've blasted off 500+ times and have never had a racing heart or anything even close to a racing heart. I also always like a religion or something water fast before hand a min of 2 to 6 hours.

Very interesting. While it's anecdotal, that's still a great many journeys to explore the space.

So, now I have some questions. Do either of you deal with feeling overwhelmed easily, anxiety, etc? I have high anxiety (sometimes to the point of tremors, which I will sometimes wake up experiencing), and I'm also hypersensitive, which means that my central nervous system picks up and responds to more information and stimuli while also having a lower threshold to handle such influx. I'm wondering if small facets like these are why some of us can experience racing hearts, while others never do.

One love

Kittynoggin
#9 Posted : 5/26/2022 7:19:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I got some issues with that. Real sensitive to noise and probably something like generalized anxiety disorder.

Kittynoggin
#10 Posted : 6/2/2022 5:30:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So... I think I understand all the commotion now. My third attempt was a real success. I've not experienced anything like it.

I vaporized 20mg inside of a glass tube plugged with a rubber stopper. The lid was removed and the vapor sucked out with a straw.

The black background became lighter and took on texture. I saw liquid rainbows swirl and flow. Looking closer, the swirly parts were made of smaller swirly parts. I realized eventually that this swirly blob was looking at me.

I was suddenly on a small planet, a green orb at least, and I noticed the sky was blue. I felt comfort at the familiar sight. I started to notice that the light was not evenly distributed across the sky. The sky was in fact black, the light I saw I now understood to be the perception of some hugely advanced being. Two giant beams of incredible blue light scanned the area. I understood it was looking for me.

The beams came close to me and I knew if I allowed myself to be perceived my body would be destroyed by the beams. I suddenly came to be inside a crude representation of a house, running from window to window, trying to avoid being seen. This is where the experience ends.
I opened my eyes to see the ceiling lights shining down at me.

I later had a feeling that letting myself be seen and having my body destroyed was the price of admission so to speak, that if I let it happen, I would gain access to a deeper level of the experience.

Exitwound
#11 Posted : 6/2/2022 9:03:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kittynoggin wrote:

I later had a feeling that letting myself be seen and having my body destroyed was the price of admission so to speak, that if I let it happen, I would gain access to a deeper level of the experience.

Yes, that's what letting go is. Accepting whatever is the outcome.

A Hollow Stone
#12 Posted : 6/13/2022 3:55:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
Given the inherently intense and unknowable nature of DMT, your experience with racing heart is unsurprising and likely nothing to worry about. The experience is overwhelming and we can remain on edge until we are able to truly surrender to the experience.

However congrats! As you practice and dial in your method, the further you'll go.

Did of the imagery that came up have any meaning or symbolism for you?

One love

I agree with this. I had my first DMT experience last night and before i put my vape to my mouth my heart was racing SO FREAKING FAST!!!!! and my anxiety was through the roof. When the roller coaster came on i had a complete feeling of dread of "what have i just done" hahaha