We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Pictorial Iboga TA extraction Options

rOm
#41 Posted : 7/23/2014 11:27:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you don't loose any active by washing with water, however I have a more peace of mindish alternative to nonéstudsy amonia or sodium hydroxide basifying step for acidic iboga pulls, simply base the acidic pulls with sodium carbonate saturated water.

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jagube
#42 Posted : 8/29/2020 10:40:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm, I'd also be interested to see references for your claims that those other alkaloids don't form salts with HCl.
Could it be they do form HCl salts, but those salts are fairly water soluble and therefore don't precipitate straight away - but evaporating the water / HCl would allow one to retrieve them?
If they don't form salts with HCl, how did the HCl soaks pull them in the first place?
Do they form salts with any acid at all?

If proceeding to salt the freebase with HCl, could the acetone step be skipped and the crude freebase be salted with dilute HCl directly?

I'm doing a small (POC size) extraction, have based the vinegar pulls with ammonia to pH 10.3, will be collecting the precips soon. After that, the plan is to add NaOH to the supernatant to see if more alks get pushed out.

Espurrr
#43 Posted : 5/23/2022 11:25:43 PM

Thumbs up i used this approach and believe the final product is very clean without any significant loss of alkaloids

PREV123