We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
spice from kattha (extract of acacia catechu heartwood) Options

chetan
#21 Posted : 11/5/2013 11:16:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Skar,

This is Chetan, another plant worshiper from IndiaSmile Really glad to know there are more like us around hereVery happy I'm going to try A. Catechu rootbark extraction in a few days hopefully, will post the results Very happy

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#22 Posted : 11/30/2013 10:06:18 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..hey plant worshippers of India..Smile how's the experimentation going..?

there are many tests on A. catechu heartwood, finding mainly flavonoids (some with mild to moderate MAOI activity)
but almost none i can find on bark/leaves..one i did find of bark [Lakshmi & Aravind 2011] found alkaloids, without identifying what they were..

this tree remains a bit of a mystery, shrouded in legend...revered in the Vedas..

look forward to more results...
there may be different sub-species..

FlyingFaders
#23 Posted : 2/7/2014 10:03:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A few comments:
Make sure your solvents are as pure as possible. Avoid stuff with colourants.

Heartwood is unlikeley to contain actives. Bark, leaves or seeds are more likely.

Be aware that while boiling plant material containing cyanogenic glycosides, you need really good ventilation if there is a substantial amount in there. I thought a few open windows would be OK while doing some work with A. sieberiana seed and made myself feel quite unwell. I moved it outside after that. (No luck with the seeds, by the way)

peacefulSKY
#24 Posted : 5/21/2014 2:26:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any updates on here guys? Curious, as am struggling to come up with right dmt source material in India. Any leads would help Smile

phancy-dimitree
#25 Posted : 5/20/2022 11:43:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel like the extraction process was not properly followed here. I think the crystal extracted was just sodium carbonate used as the base.

Was hoping acacia catechu heartwood would be the main ingredient for extraction for people from india as it's one of the easiest material to obtain.

downwardsfromzero
#26 Posted : 5/21/2022 1:52:49 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

FlyingFaders wrote:
Heartwood is unlikeley to contain actives. Bark, leaves or seeds are more likely.

That's about the long and short of it.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Antiqueeditor
#27 Posted : 4/27/2023 1:05:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi chetan
Did you successfully extract dmt from bark of acacia catechu

_Trip_
#28 Posted : 6/23/2023 11:00:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently completed an A. catechu extraction (50g trunk bark dried).

A/B using vinegar and lye, Ronsonol brand lighter fluid for the naphtha pulls (2x acid cooks).

Nothing in either a freeze precipitation or evaporation. Trace elements of potential plant fats, a few sparse crystals, no tryptamine smell. Although this is subjective, it had a familiar smell form other extractions, reminded me of of plant fats and phenethylamine smell (similar to A. Pravmissima).

Naphtha stayed clear even with hot pulls and the heat form the lye. Percentage pulled was very minuscule. Don't have the means to weigh it but estimate < .1%.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

PREV12