We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi oil? Options

dinom
#1 Posted : 5/15/2022 7:45:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings fellow nexians,

I love the convenience, portability and predictability of MCT oil based vaping. I was thinking of doing an alcohol extraction of the caapi leaf. Anyone have any experience doing this? Would I be able to dissolve the extract in the oil?

Thanks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 5/15/2022 8:44:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I'm not sure how well harmala alkaloids would dissolve in the MCT oil. They'd have to be in freebase form at the very least. It's likely that they'd need warming to go into solution as well.

I've found that using a nearly analogous solvent - butyl acetate - at room temperature there seems to be a differential solubility between the three main harmala alkaloids, with the harmaline appearing to be largely insoluble. As far as I know, the oil solubility of harmala alkaloids is yet to be investigated; you'd have to do some experimentation and whatever result you get will still be useful information.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dinom
#3 Posted : 5/18/2022 7:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Application of heat is part of the normal process when I am preparing oil so that is fine. I did some searches, not very well explored topic. Getting something like a changa mixture in oil form would be a dream! Oil is fairly efficient so that may also offset the low solubility issue. Mmm...another dream Very happy Very happy

Thanks for the reply. Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 5/20/2022 9:51:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I have observed that at least one of the harmala citrates possibly appears to show slight solubility in butyl acetate so by analogy there may be a slight solubility of something like harmine acetate in vegetable oil - at least, I'd say that's where you might want to take a look.

It's presumably a reasonable guess that you'd use freebase DMT in oil so the harmala acetate would possibly be incompatible with that approach. But not necessarily, so if you're willing to do several experimental blends everyone will learn from your results.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli