We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
root bark grinder recommendations Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 3/20/2022 1:06:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have a favorite affordable grinder that can powder root bark easily? Most of the ones I have tried can't quite get it past a good shred with some powder.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

potnoble
#2 Posted : 4/16/2022 10:42:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi skoobysnax

I use a Krups Blendforce. Mine was like 30 bucks. It needs the ability to crush ice.
Been doing its job for years now.

Sorry i didn´t see your post earlier.

Have a gud one
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

skoobysnax
#3 Posted : 4/21/2022 2:40:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

potnoble wrote:
Hi skoobysnax

I use a Krups Blendforce. Mine was like 30 bucks. It needs the ability to crush ice.
Been doing its job for years now.

Sorry i didn´t see your post earlier.

Have a gud one

Thx!!
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

fathomlessness
#4 Posted : 5/10/2022 2:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

depends:

is it whole bark? (you might need a garden shredder first).

is it slightly shredded? (try any high powered blender) - some people like to blend it dry and shake the blender around, others like to add water. Using whole pieces of bark or leaves can also work in a blender, just causes more stress on the blender. More expensive the blender is the better, try a vitamix or something else around the 2500w range

L-dreamer
#5 Posted : 5/20/2022 12:25:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think there is a taboo on doing extractions on ungrinded bark.
I thought about this because at one point I received full bark instead of grinded and I did not know what to do with it

Inspired by this thread I applied cyb's tek to full bark but with a twist. For a few days I took 50g of bark, put water with vinegar in it and just did repeated cycles of boiling, freezing, and unfreezing in no particular order. took the liquid at the end, added water again for one final boil to squeeze more juice and just put in my standard 750 ml glass bottles the two liquids. After that I just did the standard cyb tek things. I did it more of a joke but I got some really fluffy stuff comparable to a grinded bark pull on my first time, 430 mg. Thinking I maybe used some naphta from previous extractions that already had DMT. I used virgin naphta for a second pull and again I got that nice yellow-white fluff on my plate, it is now drying.

so yeah, maybe you lose 10-15% of the material (although this doesn't seem to be the case), but not grinding it is convenient enough and you can probably concentrate the mimosa tea for a larger extraction. I'll play more with this

Jees
#6 Posted : 5/21/2022 1:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

700gr version (grinds 100gr bark in one fill just fine)
Turns it into microscopic dust if you let it. There are other versions to choose from.
Best to grind in interval stages, letting it cool down each time when pot gets warm to the touch. Wait 1 hour for dust to settle before opening. Electric timer feels flimsy, does the work though.
Hows like jet squadron, big and heavy. Neutral