We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
My e-cig ROA experiences with DMT Options

The Sofa Traveler
#1 Posted : 4/23/2022 4:48:46 PM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hi there ! In this thread, I'm going to tell you my own experiences with DMT using e-cig ROA.

General considerations

I've met DMT about 4/5 years ago and e-cig is my only ROA since. There are many reasons that I stick with it : convenience, reliability, discretion... I've had some success as well as some failures, having tried different settings, different hardware configurations, différent juice concentration. No more failures from now on, as I have found my cruising speed and sweet spot. Most of my failures came from the fact that I wanted to get "one-puff-breakthrough" experiences. I think that was the wrong way to look at it. It's not that it's not possible, it is, under certain conditions. In a way, this "one-puff-breakthrough" obsession was counterproductive and useless. It has led me to make mistakes such as over-concentrating the juice or using settings that were too high in temperature. After these wanderings, I quickly came to the following conclusion : if you can't manage a "one-puff-breakthrough", just take a second (even a third) to reach it, as this ROA allows it easily. Well, that said, I'm going to detail my setup and my thoughts on this :

The box

I think most of the current 50€ box mods will do the job. The one I use currently is very satisfactory : Geekvape.Solo2 S100. Especially, it has a particular feature that is very usefull for the objective that interests us. Indeed, the VPC mode (Voltage Per Cluster I assume, if it's not the real translation, it is what it does) opens a new perspective in settings, more accurate than in mere volts/watts mode, less random than TC (temperature control). I'll detail that later.

The clearomizer and coil

This is a very important part of the set up, that you must choose wisely. First of all, try to avoid large capacity tanks, especially those with a large diameter : the more the clearo has a large diameter, the more the residual juice will be difficult to exploit, unless you reload. Anyway, you won't need 4ml or more capacity, 2ml is more than enough. You also would prefer a leakproof one, typically those with the airflow located at the top. It is particularly important if you have a juice with a large part of or completely PG (less viscous). For my part, I stick with the Veco Tank from Vaporesso, it ticks all the boxes : 2ml, leakproof with it's airflow at the top, a wide enough choice in coils, and last but not least : the top cap is fully removable so you can reload with a syringe as well as directly with a test tube for example. The other advantage of the fully removable top cap is that you can also easily empty your clearomizer if you need to replace the coil.
About coils : with this tank, I usually use the SS316 at 0.3Ω coils. The advantage with stainless steel coils is that you can use them in TC mode or in classical volts/watts mode.

The settings

Juice concentration : I've tried several concentration levels, from 1g/1ml to 1g/4ml with always the same PG/VG proportion : 50/50. Up to 70% PG might be ok, maybe even 100%, but I never tried with more than 50% PG so it's not a recommendation, just an assumption. On the other hand, VG in higher proportion than 50% is risky, as it will thicken your juice, that is already thickened by the DMT presence. Some clearomizers/coils will not deal properly with this viscosity. In my opinion, 50/50 PG/VG is the good balance.
About the DMT/PG+VG ratio, I have noticed that juices under 2,5ml PG/VG per DMT gram tend to precipitate at room temperature, the coil tends to clog after a few uses and the aerosolization is less efficient. I was totally wrong by thinking that to make the setup more potent (the famous "one-puff-breakthrough" ), I'll just have to concentrate the juice with more DMT. The exact opposite happened : as I concentrated my juice more and more, the potency and efficiency has decreased, the clogged coils problems have multiplied. In conclusion : best was the ennemy of good. From now on, my sweet spot ratio is : 1g DMT/3,5ml of 50/50 mixed PG/VG. With this ratio AND a good box setting, no clog problems anymore, and still the ability to journey at the level you want, even high/strong.

Box mod settings
: for a long time, I have been on TC mode, and had nice results with it. So, why did I quit this mode ? I did it because sometimes the operation was hazardous, especially when coils started to clog, but not only. Dirty pin connector can also false the impedance data harvested by the box to calculate/evaluate the temperature. Also, with TC, the box has to know the standard impedance value at room temperature, and this may differ depending on where you are. Anyway, TC can be efficient for this kind of use, but the technology is sensitive to several parameters and provides irregular results. The results may also vary from box to box. That said, let's talk about the mode I'm using currently : the VPC mode.
The VPC (Voltage Per Cluster) is a mode I discovered with my latest box (the one mentionned above), I don't know if it has been generalized to other models or brands. What this mode does is simple : it allows you to set a specific wattage per 1 second slices, for a total duration of 5 seconds. Basically, a programmable wattage curve in 5 points. If vaping continuously more than 5 second, the latest slice value will be the remaiining one for the rest of your inhalation. The advantage of this mode is that it can progressively diminish the wattage to maintain the temperature more or less stable, where a fixed wattage value tends to increase temperature until a certain limit.
At the beginning, I had little clog problems, due to overheating the coil. My first settings were around the recommended power range of my coil, given for 35-40 watts for the SS316 0.3Ω, so I did curves from the like of 37 -> 36 -> 35 -> 34 -> 33 watts.. It resulted by too much heat, clog problems, etc. So, I progressively diminished all the values, still in a decreasing curve, until I get a reliable result that doesn't clog the coil. This led me to the following recent setting : 22 -> 21 -> 20 -> 19 -> 17. Here, as example, 17 will be the remaining and constant wattage for puffs over 5 seconds, starting from the 5th second. What is important to notice here is the fact that those values, apart from the fact that they are perfectly effective (and no clog at all), are quite half from the coil given power range. Something else I want to say is that there are absolutely no universal settings for this ROA in general, only - possibly - more or less universal settings for a given specific material. I often read things like "put your box at 40w and puff", without taking into account the technical characteristics of the material used. An absolute wattage value has no sense, it relies on your coils. In some cases, 40 watts won't be enough, in other cases, too much. If you plan to use the same settings as me, use strictly the same material, especially coils ! Else, adjust.

Airflow/inhalation : alongside the juice concentration and the provided power (which does not have as much impact as intuition would suggest), this is IMO the most important point to modulate your journey intensity : the way you inhale your aerosol (it's not vapor, as often said). Basically, the slowlier you inhale, the stronger will be the effects. Indeed, this way the aerosol inhaled will be more concentrated. The counterparty of a slow inhalation is that the coil will heat a bit much more than with a quick inhalation, hence the importance to find the versatile setting, and possibly decreasing the values if you feel your coil clogging or a slight taste of burned DMT. With a proper setting, you can manage slow as well as quick inhalations without having to change your settings.

Well, that's all folks ! Now that I wrote most of the things I wanted to share with you, I hope this will help you as much as you, Nexians, helped me to evolve in the DMT area. With this ROA + Syrian Rue tea, I've found what I was looking for : a powerfull and precise enough method to have beneficial experiences with the spice.

Thanks for reading me, I hope my text is clear enough, as english isn't my native language.

Cheerz & Peace Smile
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Sofa Traveler
#2 Posted : 5/1/2022 2:48:54 PM

Note for later : no more plastic/resin driptip. Mine suddenly broke while tripping, I had difficulties to remove the remaining broken part from the clearo. Nothing dramatic but it kinda broke the dynamics I was in. Instead I put an old metalic driptip. Plastic sucks !

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 5/3/2022 7:32:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for this superb write-up, I'm sure many will find it useful. And your English is very good, certainly to make this technical explanation clear to understand. Were this an English lesson I could give a few stylistic and syntactic hints but that's best saved for elsewhere Smile

Perhaps it would be good to draw your attention towards some recent threads about the use of DMT salts, particularly the fumarate, for e-juice vaping. One advantage of of this is the enhanced stability of salts compared to the freebase. Because e-juice vaping relies on the atomisation of the juice rather than the vaporisation of the DMT, it turns out that what might at first seem counter-intuitive ("won't DMT salts just burn?") instead gives a juice more resistant to discoloration.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

The Sofa Traveler
#4 Posted : 5/4/2022 6:56:59 PM

Hi ! Thanks for the words, glad to know my post is clear and understandable enough Smile

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Were this an English lesson I could give a few stylistic and syntactic hints

I kinda tend to transpose on french syntax and structures some English vocabulary more or less well translated, that's probably your feeling haha. It's been a long time since I practiced written English in a more sustained way, I also came here to practice.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Perhaps it would be good to draw your attention towards some recent threads about the use of DMT salts, particularly the fumarate, for e-juice vaping. One advantage of of this is the enhanced stability of salts compared to the freebase. Because e-juice vaping relies on the atomisation of the juice rather than the vaporisation of the DMT, it turns out that what might at first seem counter-intuitive ("won't DMT salts just burn?"Pleased instead gives a juice more resistant to discoloration.

Thanks, I already keep an eye on those threads (and many others hehe), and for the moment I'm still on a prudent attitude with new experimentations ("scalded cat fears cold water" Laughing ). For sure, I'll investigate more profoundly this way of doing, without rushing, because I'm still in a kind of "best-is-enemy-of-the-good" mood... for the moment Big grin

The Sofa Traveler
#5 Posted : 5/11/2022 8:22:46 AM

Hi there Smile Well, it was not explicit in my first post on this thread, but I'll continue to share here my further experiences and thoughts on aerosolized DMT with Syrian Rue tea.
So, a few days ago, I decided to have a little spice medecine evening. As usual, I infused my peganum seeds for a good 2 hours, and, contrary to usual, I slightly exceeded the recommended dose : usually between 4 and 5g, this time I went for 6g seeds in the tea ball. Also contrary to usual, I was a bit more negligent on the diet : 2 hours before drinking the tea, I drank 3 craft beers (Oppigards 3,5° IPA and To Ol City Session IPA) and ate a duck mousse (liver) sandwich. This overdosing and food association seemed to be a bad idea.
One hour after drinking the tea, I felt the usual harmala feeling, nothing bad so far. Things started to go downhill when I took the first DMT light inhalations. I immediately felt nauseous. I didn't go any further and waited a bit the nauseous feeling to go away. As it did, I tried some light puffs again, and nausea immediately came back. This sketch lasted well over an hour, as if peganum had forbidden me access to the DMT level, as if I was restrained, and that there was an unsurpassable ceiling. Then, what had to happen happened, the nausea became more and more intense and finally I had to run to the toilet to vomit, mostly bile. A bad time to pass which only lasted 5 or 10 minutes. This done, I said to myself: "ok that's cool, we can go now", but in reality, it didn't go better afterwards. As nausea definitely left aside, I began to have recurring gut cramps. Once again it ended up in the toilet but not through the same orifice (poetry friends, say hi !). I had never shit so badly, and curiously, against all expectations, I had no diarrhea. It was a difficult test, I was sweating like crazy and I was really at the end of my life, sitting on the bowl.
Once completely purged, I lay down for 5 minutes on the ground, completely empty of energy. About 10 minutes later I felt fresh again. I tried for the last time to fly away with DMT but my heart wasn't really there anymore, not an experience worth recounting.
Morality : exceeding the recommended dose of peganum while neglecting the diet ended up with a peganum response like: NO WAY.

ildruido
#6 Posted : 5/12/2022 1:33:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, thanks for sharing these interesting infos!
Do yuou think the Geekvape.Solo2 S100 alone would do the job or you consider necessary the mods (clearomizer and coil)

The Sofa Traveler
#7 Posted : 5/12/2022 2:26:10 PM

Hi ! I'm not sure to understand well your question. I bought the Geekvape Solo 2 S100 alone, as I already had the Vaporesso Veco clearomizer and SS316 coils, and absolutely wanted to stick with it. If you already have a clearomizer, you can buy the Geekvape box alone and use your clearomizer. I you don't have any clearomizer, it would anyway be better to buy the Geekvape box alone (without the Z Subohm clearomizer) and the Vaporesso Veco tank (2ml version) + coils separately. Does it answer your question ?

ildruido
#8 Posted : 5/12/2022 3:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry as I'm not a vape geek I'm not familiar with all these stuff; I got confused because most of shops sell the device with all the pieces already:

- Geekvape S100 (Aegis Solo 2) Mod - Rainbow
- Vaporesso - Veco Tank - Black
- Vaporesso EUC Coils - Ceramic 0.3 (35w-40w)

is that correct?

The Sofa Traveler
#9 Posted : 5/12/2022 4:11:31 PM

Yes the list seems correct, these are exactly the elements that I have (and that I talk about in this thread).

EDIT : if you intend to make your own juices, dont forget to buy some 50/50 PG/VG neutral base

ildruido
#10 Posted : 5/12/2022 4:19:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
if you intend to make your own juices, dont forget to buy some 50/50 PG/VG neutral base

I already have 100% pure base cbd+pg, you think it could work?

The Sofa Traveler
#11 Posted : 5/12/2022 4:42:44 PM

It should yes but i have never used 100% PG base nor base with CBD so I can't really comment on that. It may be necessary to adapt the settings, because mine are suitable for 50/50 PG/VG, without CBD (nor nicotine of course). If the CBD thickens the base too much it can be a problem. If you don't want to take risks, use a 50/50 neutral base. I do not guarantee the result with 100% PG and CBD in it. The only fairly certain thing is that 100% PG will be a little more aggressive in the throat and lungs than mixed PG/VG.

ildruido
#12 Posted : 5/12/2022 4:53:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, thank you for your help mate
Sorry another question: with this method what is your aspiration pace? how much time pass between the puffs to be sure you are not taking too much spice

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 5/12/2022 4:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

ildruido wrote:
The Sofa Traveler wrote:
if you intend to make your own juices, dont forget to buy some 50/50 PG/VG neutral base

I already have 100% pure base cbd+pg, you think it could work?

The CBD component may also limit the depth and intensity of the experience. I'm not sure, but given that I take CBD when I want to dial an experience back with other tryptamines, it would be unsurprising if the CBD effects DMT in a similar manner.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

The Sofa Traveler
#14 Posted : 5/12/2022 5:30:38 PM

Voidmatrix wrote:
The CBD component may also limit the depth and intensity of the experience. I'm not sure, but given that I take CBD when I want to dial an experience back with other tryptamines, it would be unsurprising if the CBD effects DMT in a similar manner.

Yes, maybe you're right, and that would be another reason to not take the risk to mix the spice in a 100% PG+CBD base. It might work, but there's no good reason to risk it, especially at the price a PG/VG neutral base bottle costs. Otherwise, I'm a little surprised that the CBD would somewhat limit the experience with the spice, at least that's not my feeling. That said, since I smoke weed joints (thus a cocktail of different cannabinoids) and not CBD alone, it might be a little different. I also remember that when I used to smoke joints while traveling with spice without harmalas, I didn't find that cannabis + DMT had a good synergy, but I feel a pretty good synergy when harmaled, and I never had the feeling of being limited or restrained in the experience (with indica as well as with sativa).

The Sofa Traveler
#15 Posted : 5/12/2022 5:54:43 PM

ildruido wrote:
Sorry another question: with this method what is your aspiration pace? how much time pass between the puffs to be sure you are not taking too much spice

Hmm it's quite complicated to answer, as each person has it's own techniques and ways of inhaling, keeping the aerosol in lungs, etc. You'll have to practice and experiment your own way to find your sweet spots. The advantage of a juice that is not too concentrated lies here: you have a certain leeway, with little risk of accidentally overdosing. Anyway, you also have to keep the aerosol the longest you can in your lungs, 15-20 seconds seems like the minimum to me. To achieve this, my technique is to not completely fill my lungs at the inhalation, so, after 10 seconds more or less, I can take an extra breath of oxygen that helps me to keep the aerosol longer in lungs.

The Sofa Traveler
#16 Posted : 5/12/2022 6:14:54 PM

Anyway, the most important thing to remember is mentioned in the very first post actually Smile slow inhale = strong, fast inhale = lighter. For example: 5 seconds of slow inhale will be stronger than 5 seconds of fast inhale. Both will last 5 seconds, but it's the speed of inhalation that will determine the strength of the effect, not the duration/length of the inhalation. Hmm not sure if I'm clear enough, my English has it limits.

ildruido
#17 Posted : 5/12/2022 7:05:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
Hmm not sure if I'm clear enough, my English has it limits.

Better than a mother tongue actually, french structure seems quite similar to italian :-D

Voidmatrix
#18 Posted : 5/12/2022 7:57:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

Yes, maybe you're right, and that would be another reason to not take the risk to mix the spice in a 100% PG+CBD base. It might work, but there's no good reason to risk it, especially at the price a PG/VG neutral base bottle costs. Otherwise, I'm a little surprised that the CBD would somewhat limit the experience with the spice, at least that's not my feeling. That said, since I smoke weed joints (thus a cocktail of different cannabinoids) and not CBD alone, it might be a little different. I also remember that when I used to smoke joints while traveling with spice without harmalas, I didn't find that cannabis + DMT had a good synergy, but I feel a pretty good synergy when harmaled, and I never had the feeling of being limited or restrained in the experience (with indica as well as with sativa).

It's something I notice when I either choose to eat or smoke something that is CBD dominant when tripping on LSD or mushrooms.

I enjoy cannabis accompanying my DMT endeavors and for me there's a very noticeable difference in effect and experience from a normal cannabis strain versus a CBD dominant strain.

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
Anyway, the most important thing to remember is mentioned in the very first post actually Smile slow inhale = strong, fast inhale = lighter. For example: 5 seconds of slow inhale will be stronger than 5 seconds of fast inhale. Both will last 5 seconds, but it's the speed of inhalation that will determine the strength of the effect, not the duration/length of the inhalation. Hmm not sure if I'm clear enough, my English has it limits.

Why do you think this is? I personally increase the strength of my inhale as I'm inhaling.

And every language has it's limits, however, I think your English is great.

And not to derail, but it's par for the course for Italian and French to have many language commonalities since they come from the same language group. I've studied Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese (and am sad to say I've slacked and have zero fluency), and they're all grammatically similar.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ildruido
#19 Posted : 5/14/2022 10:07:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
2ml is more than enough.

Do you keep this quantity INTO the device for several trips is that correct? So for example, you fill it with 2ml , do your first trip then the week after you use the same device without load it again, is that correct? The DMT doesn't ruin for the fact that you already have heated it several time in the e-liquid?

The Sofa Traveler
#20 Posted : 5/14/2022 11:03:25 AM

ildruido wrote:
Do you keep this quantity INTO the device for several trips is that correct? So for example, you fill it with 2ml , do your first trip then the week after you use the same device without load it again, is that correct? The DMT doesn't ruin for the fact that you already have heated it several time in the e-liquid?

Yes, that's kinda correct. I don't fill to the brim, so I load rather around 1.5ml, and the remaining juice after a trip is for the next trips, even if they occur days or weeks (even monthes) later. If the coil isn't clogged it doesn't ruin the DMT. Maybe the spice fades slightly to pale yellow after few days or weeks - this is also the case for the spice stored outside the clearomizer in my little bottle. The only thing that ruined my spice in the clearomizer was the clogged coils and overheating practice, and when this happened, each time the juice quickly faded to ocher -> orange/brown -> very dark, with an odd caramelized taste and odd effects. With my current coil, I have already aerosolized about 5ml without the coil being clogged, and for the moment nothing indicates that I should replace it. Finding the right temperature/power setting is the crucial point if you want to manage aerosolization without clogging or degrading the spice.
The recurring error that is made (and that I also made) is to use the coils at the recommended power ranges, but these values are only optimal for aerosolizing a nicotine-based juice. The approach with DMT is very different: you take rather long tokes, compared to the small successive tokes you take when you aerosolize nicotine. In addition, with nicotine the PG/VG base is much less saturated (around a few milligrams of nicotine per milliliter) than with a DMT juice (more or less a half of a gram of spice per milliliter).

123NEXT