We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV171172173174175NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

Markkennon24
#3441 Posted : 5/8/2022 8:46:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My bad, I didn’t realize it was a watched material. Won’t happen again. I followed the instructions word for word. Every attempt that I e made with this bark hasn’t turned out. Hope this isn’t against sourcing rules but one would think it’s the same material as what was used in my 2 successful attempts. I’m stumped. Oh, and then to top things off I was grinding proper on a tuna steak last night and the ground pepper blew all in the pulls. The steps I didn’t completed were from covering it in airtight plastic on. Sorry, wish I knew more scientific terms to describe it. I get vape cartridges all the time but I wanna do the real deal and be able to share the experience.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#3442 Posted : 5/8/2022 9:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Markkennon24 wrote:
My bad, I didn’t realize it was a watched material. Won’t happen again. I followed the instructions word for word. Every attempt that I e made with this bark hasn’t turned out. Hope this isn’t against sourcing rules but one would think it’s the same material as what was used in my 2 successful attempts. I’m stumped. Oh, and then to top things off I was grinding proper on a tuna steak last night and the ground pepper blew all in the pulls. The steps I didn’t completed were from covering it in airtight plastic on. Sorry, wish I knew more scientific terms to describe it. I get vape cartridges all the time but I wanna do the real deal and be able to share the experience.

Don't stress too much about it Smile it happens, and we've recently tightened up on the rules around it.

You can talk about the bark, and that it should be the same bark, from a different batch. Most of us will know what you mean. Just don't mention vendors and talking to them, etc. Just keep it strictly about the bark.

How much lye did you use?

You re-x to get rid of the pepper.

Can you expand more on the steps you didn't complete?

And no worries. It's a learning process. I mean, shoot, I'm more of a philosopher than chemistrySmile but we got you and will help the best we can.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

SultanGuenther420
#3443 Posted : 5/10/2022 3:33:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a question about NaOH. Can I also use NaOH to extract DMT that is not in powdered form like this?
https://imgur.com/qhqf6y3
https://imgur.com/4VdxJnC
https://imgur.com/saWnat4

Loveall
#3444 Posted : 5/10/2022 3:44:54 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

SultanGuenther420 wrote:
I have a question about NaOH. Can I also use NaOH to extract DMT that is not in powdered form like this?
https://imgur.com/qhqf6y3
https://imgur.com/4VdxJnC
https://imgur.com/saWnat4

Yes
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Weetikniet87
#3445 Posted : 5/10/2022 4:03:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It worked! Got almost 0.5 grams from the first pullThumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#3446 Posted : 5/10/2022 7:59:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Weetikniet87 wrote:
It worked! Got almost 0.5 grams from the first pullThumbs up

What did you pull with, and how much bark did you use? Was this with freeze precipitation?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Weetikniet87
#3447 Posted : 5/11/2022 10:35:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used 100 grams of mimosa hostilis. My solvend was wasbenzine, i have no idee wat the name is in other countrys. It is simulair like zippo lighter fuel. Still gonna do some pulls from the mix. And yes from the frezer.

downwardsfromzero
#3448 Posted : 5/13/2022 12:21:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Weetikniet87 wrote:
I used 100 grams of mimosa hostilis. My solvend was wasbenzine, i have no idee wat the name is in other countrys. It is simulair like zippo lighter fuel. Still gonna do some pulls from the mix. And yes from the frezer.

That's a good enough choice for a clean (and cleaning!) naphtha. Glad to hear of your success - how have the next pulls been?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Protonix
#3449 Posted : 5/13/2022 10:29:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all good people!
I'm running an A/B extraction with 100g MHRB, all steps was ok until the first hexane pull after basify step. I got carried away and I stirred the two phases a little too much, now I find myself with a bad emulsion for a couple of days that shows no sign of resolving itself even with hot bath. any suggestions?
May the Blessing be

Protonix

Voidmatrix
#3450 Posted : 5/13/2022 1:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Protonix wrote:
Hi all good people!
I'm running an A/B extraction with 100g MHRB, all steps was ok until the first hexane pull after basify step. I got carried away and I stirred the two phases a little too much, now I find myself with a bad emulsion for a couple of days that shows no sign of resolving itself even with hot bath. any suggestions?

Try heating it longer, mixing it occasionally.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

_Trip_
#3451 Posted : 5/14/2022 3:31:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try back salting or better yet add excess lye until it resolves itself. Add enough lye should fix it quick.

As voidmatrix mentioned heat should help, hot water bath it and or running hot water.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#3452 Posted : 5/15/2022 11:43:52 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

+1 to try more lye
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Weetikniet87
#3453 Posted : 5/15/2022 5:39:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The second pull was about 0.2 and the next pulls were not even worth trying. I gonna do a new mhrb mix tommorow. With the same sokvend. Perhapse the qaulity of the bark is not that great. I0 have about 1 grams total from 100gram mh.I am gonna try to fix some hetpane. But i dont know if it is allowd to have/order in ny country.

Protonix
#3454 Posted : 5/16/2022 7:15:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks all for the tips, tomorrow after work I try higher temp if still don't work grind up some more lye!
May the Blessing be

Protonix

downwardsfromzero
#3455 Posted : 5/16/2022 9:29:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Protonix wrote:
Thanks all for the tips, tomorrow after work I try higher temp if still don't work grind up some more lye!

Grind up lye? Why would you want to do that? It's very soluble in water, to the point of being deliquescent in air. While it's liquefying from atmospheric moisture it is also absorbing carbon dioxide which reduces its efficacy as a base.

Protonix
#3456 Posted : 5/17/2022 9:40:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Protonix wrote:

Grind up lye? Why would you want to do that? It's very soluble in water, to the point of being deliquescent in air. While it's liquefying from atmospheric moisture it is also absorbing carbon dioxide which reduces its efficacy as a base.

Well I ground it for better dosing when I prepare pH10 solution, and of course for my complete ignorance to the fact that absorbing carbon dioxide reduce it's efficiency so thank you for the explanation! =)
May the Blessing be

Protonix

downwardsfromzero
#3457 Posted : 5/17/2022 10:14:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Protonix wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Protonix wrote:

Well I ground it for better dosing when I prepare pH10 solution, and of course for my complete ignorance to the fact that absorbing carbon dioxide reduce it's efficiency so thank you for the explanation! =)

You can always dilute your solution if it's too strong. Alternatively, get close to the required amount using the coarse material and only grind a small bit for the fine adjustment.

NaOH is sold in prill/pearl form precisely to minimise the hygroscopicity and CO2 absorption.

Protonix
#3458 Posted : 5/20/2022 5:51:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, I update you on the situation, the prolonged hot baths have not had much effect, there has been an increase in the clear layer of hexane but not a striking one. To be honest, I don't like adding more lye to the emulsion to make it separate, so I did a little experimenting tonight.
First I separated the aqueous phase from the emulsion / clear solvent. Then I split the mess into three 50mL Falcon and repeated the process 2 more times with new 100mL of hexane. In total there are 9 Falcons of 50mL full of a foamy structures and some clear hexane.
I centrifuged the Falcons for half an hour in a centrifuge at 4000g at 15 ° C and the phases succesfully separated. So I recovered the solvent of the three pulls with a turkey baster into the crystallization becker.

In 50mL of emulsion there was 4-5mL of acqueous solution, about 0,2 to 1mL of a tenacious foam like emulsion residue and 44-45mL of clear Hexane.
At the end of the process I have a volume of hexane of about 290mL on the initial 300.

Today I start reducing the volume of hexane and crystallization in the freezer and will update you on the results.
May the Blessing be

Protonix

_Trip_
#3459 Posted : 5/20/2022 10:22:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Protonix wrote:
I don't like adding more lye to the emulsion to make it separate

Why?
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

tacopirate313
#3460 Posted : 5/28/2022 5:48:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm. Interesting reading. Awhile since I've done any of this. Inherited a second wash, supposedly, from someone. It's purple, as it should be, and supposedly the leftovers from a single wash A/B using naptha and lye
I don't know, it seems to be straight solvent with little to no plant matter in it. Tried PHing it and adding extra naptha and then freezing, which yielded a slop that has a separation point, though a few filtrations have yielded nothing. Any thoughts??

«PREV171172173174175NEXT»