We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34353637NEXT
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

blue_velvet
#701 Posted : 9/24/2021 3:03:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Th3_tRuTh
Word. I went with the DNA60 based off of your posts about the 75. The custom profiles are sweet. In escribe, I set up a separate one for loading - lower wattage at 20w, 100 C (lowest the mod goes). Then, I just cycle down to the toke profile which is currently set to 186 C, 33w. Finally, I cycle to the wattage mode profile to clean the mesh.

I'm beginning to see that the temp setting was less relevant to me burning it before. I ran it at 168 C and still managed to burn it. Airflow, rate of intake (and by extension repeated firing/melting/buildup) - these seem to be my issues. Finally figured out the airflow adjustment on the Wotofo and got a good couple of clean tokes off a 17 mg dose. Intense sub-bt. After, I exposed the mesh, firing on what was left while blowing on it. It was burned. I get the impression there is a gradual buildup of burned bullshit between tokes that snowballs into acridity. Is this par for the course? Despite being a long-time member here, I'm actually not that experienced with DMT. I've taken it a few dozen times and never broke through, though I'm confident I'll be there soon. This method is truly remarkable.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

blue_velvet
#702 Posted : 9/24/2021 3:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Question: If my assumptions about airflow, rate of intake, etc. are true, would I benefit from using a higher temp? My settings are a bit lower than others here, but maybe a more assertive inhale with a higher temp will deliver it quicker without burning?

Th3_tRuTh
#703 Posted : 9/24/2021 1:57:32 PM

YĆ«gen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

blue_velvet wrote:
@Th3_tRuTh
Word. I went with the DNA60 based off of your posts about the 75. The custom profiles are sweet. In escribe, I set up a separate one for loading - lower wattage at 20w, 100 C (lowest the mod goes). Then, I just cycle down to the toke profile which is currently set to 186 C, 33w. Finally, I cycle to the wattage mode profile to clean the mesh.

I'm beginning to see that the temp setting was less relevant to me burning it before. I ran it at 168 C and still managed to burn it. Airflow, rate of intake (and by extension repeated firing/melting/buildup) - these seem to be my issues. Finally figured out the airflow adjustment on the Wotofo and got a good couple of clean tokes off a 17 mg dose. Intense sub-bt. After, I exposed the mesh, firing on what was left while blowing on it. It was burned. I get the impression there is a gradual buildup of burned bullshit between tokes that snowballs into acridity. Is this par for the course? Despite being a long-time member here, I'm actually not that experienced with DMT. I've taken it a few dozen times and never broke through, though I'm confident I'll be there soon. This method is truly remarkable.

Question: If my assumptions about airflow, rate of intake, etc. are true, would I benefit from using a higher temp? My settings are a bit lower than others here, but maybe a more assertive inhale with a higher temp will deliver it quicker without burning?

I clean the mesh after every journey by dry firing in high wattage mode. It would take quite a long time to build enough residue to impede temp regulation so long as you keep the mesh clean. Otherwise, yes all of those things can effect performance. However, if the temp control is working well, then it shouldn't matter so long as you are not breathing so irregularly that the power is going up and down too much. I would love to hear other input as well. I am no expert, and available hardware has changed since this method was discovered so I would love to hear from others who are working with these new devices.

some one
#704 Posted : 10/2/2021 2:24:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'm beginning to see that the temp setting was less relevant to me burning it before. I ran it at 168 C and still managed to burn it. Airflow, rate of intake (and by extension repeated firing/melting/buildup) - these seem to be my issues. Finally figured out the airflow adjustment on the Wotofo and got a good couple of clean tokes off a 17 mg dose. Intense sub-bt.

Yes open airflow is a must. Best to keep the hole either 100% or no less than 75% open. If the vapor becomes too dense just inhale faster. The temp should stay the same on a good modbox but fresh air helps.

Quote:

You settings may be lower if you use a TC template (for SS) instead of manual TCR as your modbox manufacturer could have inserted a specific TCR in the template.

Quote:
After, I exposed the mesh, firing on what was left while blowing on it. It was burned. I get the impression there is a gradual buildup of burned bullshit between tokes that snowballs into acridity. Is this par for the course?

It's important the spice is pure. The more oily it it, the more non DMT is in it, the more the DMT gets trapped by other substances with higher boiling points, the less well the DMT vapes. For changa oily DMT actually works better due to a buffer effect. But for high precision vaping the oils are a disadvantage. Consider doing a clean-up on your spice.

some = one | here = some | there = one

Tony6Strings
#705 Posted : 10/2/2021 1:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know the general consensus is purified crystal for emesh. But... Has anyone tried this roa using acacia wax?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Tony6Strings
#706 Posted : 10/2/2021 5:34:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ground scored this the other day. Am considering using the mod for emesh. It is Kangertech.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211002_092327_HDR.jpg (2,555kb) downloaded 408 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

some one
#707 Posted : 10/2/2021 5:41:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have one of those. Mine doesnt have temp control. If yours doesn't either you'll need to play around in Wattage mode. That should work fine though. Control the temp using inhalation speed. Faster is cooler. Let us know how it goes!

blue_velvet
#708 Posted : 10/4/2021 3:20:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

You settings may be lower if you use a TC template (for SS) instead of manual TCR as your modbox manufacturer could have inserted a specific TCR in the template.

It's important the spice is pure.

The spice is pretty pure I think. Recrystallized, white. I upped my temp to 200C with the airflow at 50%. I'm using the default TCR setting, but with my current set-up it appears to be working alright if my last experience was any indication. Got down the better part of a 35 mg payload smoothly, no irritation. Could have got more in, but it got so intense and ontologically freaky I couldn't possibly focus on that task. However, I do find that poorly timing my first toke prevents the vapor action from occurring and may have something to do with the DNA chip. I think Th3_tRuTh had said they had to wait before inhaling. Adjusting the TCR and the ramp-up might smooth that out?

some one
#709 Posted : 4/25/2022 2:10:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The spice is pretty pure I think. Recrystallized, white. I upped my temp to 200C with the airflow at 50%. I'm using the default TCR setting, but with my current set-up it appears to be working alright if my last experience was any indication. Got down the better part of a 35 mg payload smoothly, no irritation. Could have got more in, but it got so intense and ontologically freaky I couldn't possibly focus on that task. However, I do find that poorly timing my first toke prevents the vapor action from occurring and may have something to do with the DNA chip. I think Th3_tRuTh had said they had to wait before inhaling. Adjusting the TCR and the ramp-up might smooth that out?

Sorry for the late reply. How is the progress?
Best is to always use manual TCR instead of the preset.
You will have to play around with waiting to inhale vs inhaling straight away,
and check what works best for you.

Good luck Thumbs up

L-dreamer
#710 Posted : 5/4/2022 6:46:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello guys, testing my e-mesh setup right now with the Geekvape aegis solo.
Using it for the first time and I notice in the following picture a small pool of DMT after 10 mg of spice right below the mesh. Should I be worried that the DMT will slip in the RDA if it does end up like this?
L-dreamer attached the following image(s):
mesh.png (377kb) downloaded 322 time(s).

some one
#711 Posted : 5/10/2022 11:59:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Getting 35mg in one go seems perfect. No need for higher dosages in my opinion. I always start inhaling as soon as I hit power without issues, but sure you can experiment by first hitting power then inhaling. I recommend manual TCR, seems more consistent than the material presets. I prefer to use a TCR around 110 for SS316 and playing with wattage and temp. Try setting temp to 200 C and inhaling without spice. Observe how much W the modbox uses to reach the temp. Set the max W a bit higher. This prevents it from overheating the spice when you press fire prior the temp control algo kicking in.

Quote:
Hello guys, testing my e-mesh setup right now with the Geekvape aegis solo.
Using it for the first time and I notice in the following picture a small pool of DMT after 10 mg of spice right below the mesh. Should I be worried that the DMT will slip in the RDA if it does end up like this?

Did you vape the spice without inhaling to test the device? I see a black circle which looks burned, meaning the temp got too high. Could that be? The spice should not flow through the mesh like that. If you used 10mg than most of it fell. Not sure what happened, maybe too high temp which made the spice escape the hot mesh? It is not beneficial if the spice goes inside the rda. In theory it could cause a short which auto stops the modbox. You can easily clean your rda by submerging it in alcohol or ethanol. Let us know how it goes..

Rush56
#712 Posted : 8/3/2022 11:01:39 AM
Ruzhxy

I am trying to set up my geekvape aegis max, it seems like it is the same device as Solo, but can use bigger battery.

Well i had quite some problems with setting TCR.

When i set everything up to a desired parameters and heat, settings will stay as set.

But if i change the battery, or even just turn off, unscrew battery cap and put it back and turn on then everything changes. Even though the parameters stay saved.

I am still experimenting, but i noticed that locked resistance changes when i do what i described above. For example i have it locked at 0.09, and when turning back on it will be locked at 0.8 and so the wattage delivery will be way different then before at set temperature.

If i unlock, press up button, it usually then goes for example from 0.08 back to 0.09 and i lock again. Then settings will be like before, if same resistance.

Why does it change when you do nothing just cut battery power and set it back?

At that point last time trying i could get the old resistance back, but what if it wouldnt offer me 0.09 from 0.08, but rather 0.10? Then i would have to change tcr, max wattage and temp to dial back in.

Last weekend i really wanted to take some in nature on 5g liberties, but although i was not tripping too hard, it was still enough that i gave up setting it again.

I'd like to set it so it stays pretty much the same after battery change or not using for some time.

I have Ceto RDA now as many exposed it as potentially great RDA due to mesh size. I make around 3cm long and 2cm wide mesh and its really easy to load.

If anyone can shed some light on my problem, i will however do more testings.

fink
#713 Posted : 8/4/2022 8:33:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have the solo, so far TCR mode has been way too unreliable and is causing more stress than it's worth. Im sure it's me to blame and not the hardware, but in any case it is causing hassle. Someone suggested I just stick to fixed wattage. While I rebelled at first against that idea, I really wanted to get TCR working, I have since taken the advice and am using fixed 13w with good results.

The way I now use is to almost completely close the air inlet holes on the rda. This means there is very minimal air cooling of the mesh. It is still possible to clear the chamber with gentle inhalation. I stagger the inhalation into half second bursts to keep the mesh as close to constant temperature as possible.

Also definitely found that very pure white spice works better than darker tanned variety.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

The Sofa Traveler
#714 Posted : 8/4/2022 9:53:32 PM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

fink wrote:
I have the solo, so far TCR mode has been way too unreliable and is causing more stress than it's worth. Im sure it's me to blame and not the hardware, but in any case it is causing hassle. Someone suggested I just stick to fixed wattage. While I rebelled at first against that idea, I really wanted to get TCR working, I have since taken the advice and am using fixed 13w with good results.

Same here : at first I was a fan of TC/TCR but too many hazards and variations when using it so I fell back on VPC mode which is a good compromise between TC/TCR and fixed wattage, it allows to define a decreasing curve of the wattage (per second increments) to help maintain the temperature of the coil without overheating. I use this feature with a Geekvape Solo 2/S100.
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

Woolmer
#715 Posted : 8/5/2022 9:43:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there really supposed to be no irritation at all with e-mesh? I have been trying for quite a while to find the ideal setting and though it works well I still feel some irritation. Currently using Vaporesso luxe nano with wotofo profile.

fink
#716 Posted : 8/5/2022 10:59:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Woolmer wrote:
Is there really supposed to be no irritation at all with e-mesh? I have been trying for quite a while to find the ideal setting and though it works well I still feel some irritation. Currently using Vaporesso luxe nano with wotofo profile.

If the heat is too high I have noticed the acrid taste and sore throat. When the settings are good it has been almost tasteless. To the point where I'm wondering if it's even working. It is definitely working!

Could definitely be too hot. Could be impurities in the spice? Could be that the mesh is not clean? I'm a rookie also though so take that in mind.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Rush56
#717 Posted : 8/5/2022 12:36:31 PM
Ruzhxy

Woolmer wrote:

have that same problem with irritation. I used Motar, but had a lot of residue, with e-mesh its maintanence free. But still i never managed to get a good dose without irritation.. Not too much, but still a bit worse then weed.

I tryed all possible solvents, and if i looked at the light after evap test there was always a bit left there. Tryed like 5 solvents.

I also ordered destill kit, and ran 2 or 3 solvents for 3 rounds through destillation, from what i have seen there was residue in it. But even after 3 destillations, i couldnt clean it up. I kept temperatures below 65 celsius.

Its same solvent as used in pharmacy to clean plaster residue. I tryed more expensive petrol ethers too, all seemed pretty much same no matter where i ordered. I am from EU.

However people here use just that "wundbenzin" so maybe i look too closely for resdiue. It might just be condensation from evaporation. Some similar explanation i got from some chemist when i ordered petrol ether.

They said its same petrol ether they sell as wundbenzine to pharmacies.

Evap residue is tested and supposed to be 0.01%, benzene <2%.

I can upload specifications.

Re-x havent changed anything, just cleaned it more.

some one
#718 Posted : 9/21/2022 6:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used my e-mesh with a couple of friends new to e-meshing.
Interestingly enough some of them vaped perfect while others had a hard time..

I noticed that everyone who failed to vape properly was inhaling very softly and unsteadily. I couldn't hear any air flow. When they felt the (hot) vapor enter in their mouth, they decreased their inhalation speed even further due to their physical reaction (shock). This made the vapor very harsh (burned). On the other hand, everyone who successfully vaped was inhaling very steadily (from start to the end of the 10 second cut off) at a higher speed (you could hear the sound of the air flow) without any harsh vapor issues.

The air vent was fully open and there was nothing present to restrict airflow. You could inhale as fast or slow as you want. Total freedom, but nothing to guide you to reach the correct and constant inhalation speed. For some people this was inconvenient. So what I did was insert a bubbler (using a DIY 3D printed connection) on top of the emesh atomizer.

I used a Chinese knockoff of the Sai Poseidon Bubbler which starway7 uses for his 'top load emesh device'.
Note that I don't use the top mouth piece (too much restriction), just the body.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1155324#post1155324

The bubbler reduces the airflow a bit. I then told everyone to do a 10 second test inhalation without DMT to train to inhale at the optimal speed. Due to the air restriction people had less trouble inhaling at the correct speed. The bubbler also decreased the air temp.

If you don't have a bubbler you can simply close the air vents on the atomizer to the point where you inhale at a speed which fills your lungs in 10 seconds without using too much force. The air won't cool as much as using a bubbler, but it should do the trick to make you inhale at the correct speed. Note: the hotter the air gets, the -faster- (not slower) you must inhale to compensate. Make sure not to close the air vents too much, leaving sufficient room to increase inhalation speed and cool the vapor if required.

Good luck Thumbs up

PS: Great to hear that Wattage mode works for people with TCR problems! You can use the inhalation speed adjustment to control the temperature explained above..

Woolmer
#719 Posted : 10/3/2022 7:32:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm still having issues with this method. I have tried fitting so many different meshes, but they all just seem to burn way too hot.

I have to run TC at its lowest temperature (100C!) otherwise it would definitely be way too hot.

Even if I use wattage mode and try to find the right wattage at different inhalation speeds, it will still burn the DMT. Perhaps the mesh is burning unevenly due to poor design? Perhaps the mod is providing fluctuating power?

meino
#720 Posted : 9/5/2023 6:49:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I just managed to grab an Solo 1 way overpriced and now I'm reading this. Crying or very sad

«PREV34353637NEXT