We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Very strong mushroom tea for weak stomach Options

Protonix
#1 Posted : 5/9/2022 10:01:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all!
First post here, I'd like to share with you all my favorite shrooms tea recipe.
Before the discovery of DMT, mushrooms were by far my favorite allies. In the 10 years that I have used them most often I have developed this recipe for my preferred method of administration, which allows a very rapid rise in the effects (15-20 minutes on an empty stomach) and the almost elimination of nausea (I have a particularly sensitive stomach).
For this recipe I only use completely dried mushrooms (24h electric dryer at 30 ° C, stored in the fridge under vacuum).

1. Put a cup and a quarter of water to boil, adding the juice of half a lemon. Meanwhile, ground the mushrooms into a fine powder.

2. Once the water boils, turn off the heat and add the quantity of black tea you prefer (the black tea is the most acidic) and let it
infuse for the time necessary to your taste (1-8 minutes). Then filter off the tea leaves.

3. Pour in the tea the mushrooms powder and stir well.

4. Let it sit for 20 min with occasional stirring.

5. Filter the tea in a sieve (that one used for the flour or powdered sugar) to remove all the bigger clumps, then filter again with a foil of paper
towel on the sieve in order to remove also the fine powdered mushi material (it may be necessary to change the foil if it becomes too clogged)
leaving an almost clear liquid.

6. I find its taste already pleasant as it is, but you can add sugar or honey to taste. Enjoy!

May the Blessing be

Protonix

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

murklan
#2 Posted : 5/9/2022 10:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you!
But do you find that the caffeine and other things in the (black) tea effects you? I've not tried the combination but I thought that you perhaps don't want to be to 'stimulated' coming up on mushrooms.

Protonix
#3 Posted : 5/9/2022 10:57:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good question, honestly I have not found big differences in terms of modulation of the experience in the recipes that contain caffeine from those that do not, but strangely I find that the tea makes the drink more pleasant for my stomach unlike the infusion with only lemon juice and definitely faster to rise.

It may also be that I am less sensitive to the effect of caffeine, theine et al.

It might be interesting to find a tea substitute that does not contain stimulants, but that maintains the acidifying effect.
May the Blessing be

Protonix

Koduckushi
#4 Posted : 5/9/2022 2:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Floating down a river headed toward the Temple of the Mind.
I'll definitely give that a try when I get my hands on some more of those fun guys. I quite enjoyed the last two experiences i had with them. Ingestion has always been lacking finesse for me, as I use either the ol bread sandwich method or just eating them and chasing with water.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 5/9/2022 6:12:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

murklan wrote:
Thank you!
But do you find that the caffeine and other things in the (black) tea effects you? I've not tried the combination but I thought that you perhaps don't want to be to 'stimulated' coming up on mushrooms.

Laughing I'd certainly still have stomach discomfort doing this with black tea. I have a sensitive gut as well, plus some acid reflux issues, amd hypersensitivity so the acidity of the black tea would probably still cause too much agitation and still lead to purging.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fathomlessness
#6 Posted : 5/10/2022 3:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dont forget to add some lemon juice to help convert the psilocybin in to psilocin which is bioactive (faster onset and intensity). Also looking for a simmer not a boil, for too much heat degrades the molecule.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 5/10/2022 7:52:14 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

fathomlessness wrote:
dont forget to add some lemon juice to help convert the psilocybin in to psilocin which is bioactive (faster onset and intensity). Also looking for a simmer not a boil, for too much heat degrades the molecule.

The only thing that was simmered in this recipe was the lemon juice.

Considering the typical culinary use of mushrooms in general goes overwhelmingly in the savoury direction, I sometimes wonder why suggestions to make a mushroom miso soup are so seldom seen. This works particularly well with fresh Psilocybe cyanescens. Maybe it would work with other species too, also it does work with dried, powdered specimens.

1. Blanch whole fresh mushrooms for about one minute in a sufficient quantity of boiling water.
2. Remove mushrooms, reserving the water.
3. Finely chop mushrooms - be sure to keep any juice that drains out!
4. Simmer chopped mushrooms in fresh portion of water until they soften. This would also be the starting point if using powdered mushrooms.
5. Remove from the boil and, optionally, strain out the mushrooms if you don't want to eat them.
6. Add the reserved liquids from steps 2 and 3 - this will help it to cool a little.
7. Stir miso paste into the liquid according to the instructions on the packet.
8. Enjoy - but be wary of how much of a dose you might be getting!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

fink
#8 Posted : 5/10/2022 10:10:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting thread, thanks all.

I've enjoyed shrooms for decades. They were the first true natural trip I experienced. The only two methods of ingestion, albeit quite a large number of times, has been eating them dried and raw or boiling in pure water and drinking the brew.

So other than quicker onset and possible intensity, or simply enjoyment of flavours, are there any major benefits to a more sophisticated approach? It suddenly occurs to me that even after more than 20 years I am quite ignorant about this topic.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

shroombee
#9 Posted : 5/11/2022 5:20:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
dont forget to add some lemon juice to help convert the psilocybin in to psilocin which is bioactive (faster onset and intensity).

I personally lemon-tek my shrooms, but I have read the acid does not convert the psilocybin to psilocin. Rather, the conversion only happens via enzymes in the body. Any thoughts on this?

Loveall
#10 Posted : 5/11/2022 7:36:56 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

shroombee wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
dont forget to add some lemon juice to help convert the psilocybin in to psilocin which is bioactive (faster onset and intensity).

I personally lemon-tek my shrooms, but I have read the acid does not convert the psilocybin to psilocin. Rather, the conversion only happens via enzymes in the body. Any thoughts on this?

The mushroom itself has enzymes for the conversion. Casale's papers claim that after 1h at ph4, he used acetic acid to adjust) in a warm environment all psilocybin is converted. I imagine that during the lemon TEK some conversion happens, but not sure.

Another hypothesis for the lemon TEK effects is that mannitol absorption is increased which could help open up the brain blood barrier. With a rat model, researchers showed that injected mannitol increased psilocybin efects (head bobbing).

Or maybe both effects combine and are important for the lemon TEK. I don't know.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Protonix
#11 Posted : 5/13/2022 10:09:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:

The only thing that was simmered in this recipe was the lemon juice.

Considering the typical culinary use of mushrooms in general goes overwhelmingly in the savoury direction, I sometimes wonder why suggestions to make a mushroom miso soup are so seldom seen. This works particularly well with fresh Psilocybe cyanescens. Maybe it would work with other species too, also it does work with dried, powdered specimens.

1. Blanch whole fresh mushrooms for about one minute in a sufficient quantity of boiling water.
2. Remove mushrooms, reserving the water.
3. Finely chop mushrooms - be sure to keep any juice that drains out!
4. Simmer chopped mushrooms in fresh portion of water until they soften. This would also be the starting point if using powdered mushrooms.
5. Remove from the boil and, optionally, strain out the mushrooms if you don't want to eat them.
6. Add the reserved liquids from steps 2 and 3 - this will help it to cool a little.
7. Stir miso paste into the liquid according to the instructions on the packet.
8. Enjoy - but be wary of how much of a dose you might be getting!

Wow! I had never thought about a miso recipe! I will definitely try it

Thanks to everyone for the answers, I personally use an acidic environment to facilitate the passage of tryptamines from the mushi material to the water, I did not know about the conversion to psilocin, which however occurs naturally in our body. Perhaps this is really what allows the quickly onset of the effects.
May the Blessing be

Protonix

muldowney
#12 Posted : 8/20/2022 9:51:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

shroombee wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:

Gartz 1993* mentions the enzymes are extracted from the mushroom along with psilocybin when water is used as a solvent and convert the psilocybin to psilocin via dephosphorylation. Using an acid seems to help with that:

Gartz1993 wrote:
Additionally, a high activity of enzymes of the phosphatase type could be detected in these aqueous solutions from all species . In contrast to these results only the extracts of P. cubensis and P. cyanescens showed a significant enzymatic activity by using acetic acid as solvent . In these cases psilocybin was completely dephosphorylated to psilocin by heating the acid extracts and no Baeocystin could be detected in P. cyanescens.

So, using acid (aecetic acid / vinegar, lemon or lime juice) does seem to help the extraction and make psilocin more readily available, which would confirm the faster onset times people report.

* https://citeseerx.ist.ps...mp;rep=rep1&type=pdf