DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Panaeolus Cyans vs Psilocybe Cubensis Options

MagicTrip
#61 Posted : 5/7/2022 3:06:17 PM

shroom lover

iamalien wrote:
would you say they are less anxiety inducing than others? more euphoric even? Thanks

I would say they are almost without any anxiety.
Panaeolus are quite vigorous and clear.
And they are way more euphoric.
To be, or not to be nevermind, smoke DMT

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

iamalien
#62 Posted : 5/8/2022 9:41:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know they prefer dung etc but could they survive in brown rice with less yeild?

MagicTrip
#63 Posted : 5/8/2022 11:48:23 AM

shroom lover

iamalien wrote:
I know they prefer dung etc but could they survive in brown rice with less yeild?

Pans are dung lovers and I just feed them with horse poo.
Pans only on grains are weak and less potent, trip is different.
They just need dung.
Horse poo is the best in my opinion but you can use sheep, cattle, bull, goat, elephant, bunny dung.
Collect it, dry and you can use it in substrates.
I love to grow pans just on manure-straw mix, soak it for one day and put it into jars.
Manure-straw have to be airy fluffy in jars, pans love airy substrate.
As it is colonized just make casing and get pans in one week.
Very easy.
So, if you have no dung just collect it, there are a lot of choices around.

iamalien
#64 Posted : 5/8/2022 4:26:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have a favourite strain of cyans?

Magic Trip said Peace River are good. I can find

Peace River
alabama
texas wa county
jalisco mexico

Probably going to go for Peace River but curious if any one else has had experiences with others

dithyramb
#65 Posted : 5/8/2022 6:38:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anybody have the experience to compare pan cyans with liberty caps?

MagicTrip
#66 Posted : 5/8/2022 10:12:40 PM

shroom lover

dithyramb wrote:
Does anybody have the experience to compare pan cyans with liberty caps?

Yes, I have compared. What are you interested in?
Overall, semilanceata is more similar to panaeolus, than to cubensis.
Pans are smooth but potent, same as semilanceata.
I would say panaeolus are way more visual. Visuals are more geometric and fractal.
Although the trip is different.

dithyramb
#67 Posted : 5/11/2022 11:01:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you. I want to get an understanding of the differences between the species, and semilanceata is the species I am familiar with after cubensis. How are pan cyan trips different than semilanceata? Semilanceata seems to have am extra empathogenic/heart opening quality. Is this present in pans?

MagicTrip
#68 Posted : 5/11/2022 6:04:05 PM

shroom lover

dithyramb wrote:
Semilanceata seems to have am extra empathogenic/heart opening quality. Is this present in pans?

I would say yes, it is.

dithyramb wrote:
How are pan cyan trips different than semilanceata?

Visuals and feelings during the trip, pan cyan trips are way more visual and fractal.
Panaeolus trip could be more deep, more introspective and touching, in my opinion.
Anyway pans are much more similar to semilanceata than cubes.
I think you should to grow pans and try them raw from the cake to draw your own conclusion Smile

dithyramb
#69 Posted : 5/12/2022 11:13:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! And how does mexicana fit into the spectrum?

MagicTrip
#70 Posted : 5/12/2022 1:11:17 PM

shroom lover

dithyramb wrote:
Thank you! And how does mexicana fit into the spectrum?

It is the most similar to semilanceata, IMHO.
I love all of them.

Cosmic Giggle
#71 Posted : 7/21/2022 5:55:13 PM

Curious

Just wanted to chime in: growing pans is a lot easier than it used to be. I have no affiliation with these people, but after reading and re-reading grow logs/teks from JakeOnCid, Asura, Mary Fairchild, and Blue Helix on shroomery I was able to grow dense trays of pans on my first try. I had only grown cubes once before (very different method, the only knowledge that carried over to growing pans was learning to work with agar and learning how to use a pressure cooker).
I will say again though: I did a lot of reading. I did about 6 months of prep work/reading. During that time I just kept trying to get as many monocultures as I could on different agar plates so I had multiple cultures to work with when it came time to start growing. (I never got around to figuring out which had the best potency because I don’t eat them often)

I mostly followed the JOC pan tek, while implementing a few things here and there from the other members I mentioned above.
While all the gear is a bit of an investment, id say it’s well worth it for the yields you get. Having to use manure is a major drawback for me though.

One said they actually prefer cubes because they feel more “spiritual” or something along those lines. Pans are generally an easier ride, and therefore generally used for more hedonistic (for lack of a better word) trips where you’re less likely to have to “face your fears”, which for some is not ideal.
That doesn’t mean you can eat a bunch of pans and expect to have nothing but good times. Still have to respect them or you’ll end up in the deep end, same as any other high dose psilocybin experience (according to more advanced travelers than myself).

I’ve never eaten more than a gram of pan cyans and I’ve never faced anything “scary” like I did with my last few cube trips many years ago. So I guess I would kind of agree with the cubes being more “spiritual” as they clearly want to teach me a lesson. I already know the answer, but don’t want to/haven’t been able to face it. Pans, on the other hand, let me put in my headphones and they play a beautiful movie for me while I listen to music until they eventually wear off.

And FWIW my best and most profound mushroom trips were my first few cube trips. But that was back when life didn’t have so many problems.

dithyramb
#72 Posted : 7/24/2022 8:02:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like pan cyans are the Acacia confusa of mushrooms in a sort of way. Very interesting and good to know. They are both from east Asia. The AC spirit is like an elephant, and Pan cyans grow on elephant dung ...

«PREV234