We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The homepage, wiki, and a profile option Options

Held In Amber
#1 Posted : 4/7/2022 9:51:06 PM

A paella of space-talking jive

I don't think anyone's brought this up before, but it seems the Enigmaticus (The "mystery" option on the homepage) is effectively broken now that Silverlight has been retired. Perhaps it could be ported to something that works with modern browsers? Not sure how hard tall of an order this is though.
It also seems that the contact page has been under construction for quite a while now as far as I can tell, is it still planned?

On a smaller note, adding an "other" option for gender on the user profiles would be appreciated. Pleased

ETA: Also, wiki signup seems to be broken if an email address is included. Likewise, email addresses cannot be added to existing accounts. I got an internal error when I tried to do so. Based off an old post I found, it seems this may have been an issue since all the way back in 2018.
Code:
[07b9216d] /w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action=submitlogin&type=signup&returnto=Attitude+Page Exception from line 303 of C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\UserMailer.php: PEAR mail package is not installed

Backtrace:

#0 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\User.php(3820): UserMailer::send(MailAddress, MailAddress, string, string, NULL)
#1 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\User.php(3798): User->sendMail(string, string)
#2 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\specials\SpecialUserlogin.php(289): User->sendConfirmationMail()
#3 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\specials\SpecialUserlogin.php(200): LoginForm->addNewAccount()
#4 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\SpecialPage.php(631): LoginForm->execute(NULL)
#5 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\SpecialPageFactory.php(488): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
#6 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\Wiki.php(298): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#7 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\Wiki.php(602): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#8 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\includes\Wiki.php(467): MediaWiki->main()
#9 C:\Websites\wiki.dmt-nexus.me\w\index.php(49): MediaWiki->run()
#10 {main}

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Held In Amber
#2 Posted : 5/8/2022 4:08:30 PM

A paella of space-talking jive

Edit: Decided to archive the Enigmaticus. Made a post here.
Held In Amber attached the following image(s):
Enigmaticus.png (137kb) downloaded 56 time(s).