We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can´t decide on initial dose. Would like to read some opinions from experienced travelers Options

DesertWasabi
#1 Posted : 5/4/2022 8:29:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can´t decide on what dose to take during my first time. I´m a somehow experienced psychonaut that already tested DMT via Ayahuasca a couple of times (quite intense 13hr trips, both good and bad), and have ample experience with Mescaline containing cacti and lsd.

I read everywhere that the recommended initial dose is 15-20mg, but the effects described for that dosage look like a mild lsd or mescaline trip, so I don´t know if that dosage is only mentioned for the absolute newbie that never had any full trip on psychedelics, and maybe I should try with a 25-30mg one.

Now I might be completely wrong here, and maybe those 20mg would be enough for a good experience that could show spice in all its might, so I would like to know what are the opinions of more experienced users regarding to this!

I might add that I was quite sensitive to my Ayahuasca trips, and had a quite lifechanging experience on about a quarter of a shot glass lol. But that was probably due to the diet I followed for a month prior the adventure or any admixtures in the brew, so don´t know if that would apply to pure spice.

Would body weight or fat % matter?

Also another question: I saw some mentions of 20mg being enough if smoked "effectively". What does that mean? Getting the three hits and holding for 20+ seconds? Not burning it? I will be smoking with a dry vape at 160-180c.

Thanks for your answers

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fink
#2 Posted : 5/4/2022 9:04:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello friend,

my opinion might not be either wise or popular. But I say go balls out hard for the first experience seeing as you are not a stranger to tripping. 25-30mg should do it if done efficiently. What people mean about efficient consumption is that no spice is burned or otherwise wasted in the attempt to fill your lungs with it.

Have a browse through the multitude of posts by people far better suited to be giving advice than me here.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 5/4/2022 11:10:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Hey there buddy.

Rick Strassman administered DMT intravenously at a dosage of 0.04mg/kg, if I recollect correctly.

You can always start low (10mg), and then redose higher if desired.

There's a sweet spot for vaporizing DMT, which is what people mean by "effectively." For me, this is inclusive to how many tokes one will need. At the specified temperature that you've shared, you can probably get it all in one hit. Burning it will deactivate it.

I'm pretty sensitive, and my sensitivity only seems to be increasing. I have regularly been having experiences on 10mg where I'm not completely gone, but I'm definitely somewhere else, even if it's not super vivid. I'm still moving through and interacting in an "alien" space. I've inadvertently "broken through" on 15mg. It never hurts to start low.

Best of luck.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

The Sofa Traveler
#4 Posted : 5/5/2022 6:24:09 AM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hi there Smile

Voidmatrix wrote:
Rick Strassman administered DMT intravenously at a dosage of 0.04mg/kg, if I recollect correctly.

I think it's 0.4mg/kg (= 28mg for a 70kg person) Pleased This was the strong dose of the experience. I remember that to determine this strong dose, they tried up to 0.6mg/kg (= 42mg for a 70 kg person), and the two volunteers on this dose - the most experimented from the panel - felt very uncomfortable, so they decided 0.4mg/kg would be the highest dosage. 0.2mg/kg (= 14mg for a 70kg person) was the medium-but-effective dose. It's also good to keep in mind it was with IV ROA, so 100% of the dose was found in the blood, this is nearly never the case with vaporizing ROA.
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 5/5/2022 12:23:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
Hi there Smile

Voidmatrix wrote:

I think it's 0.4mg/kg (= 28mg for a 70kg person) Pleased This was the strong dose of the experience. I remember that to determine this strong dose, they tried up to 0.6mg/kg (= 42mg for a 70 kg person), and the two volunteers on this dose - the most experimented from the panel - felt very uncomfortable, so they decided 0.4mg/kg would be the highest dosage. 0.2mg/kg (= 14mg for a 70kg person) was the medium-but-effective dose. It's also good to keep in mind it was with IV ROA, so 100% of the dose was found in the blood, this is nearly never the case with vaporizing ROA.

Haha! Thank you! That's what I get for answering a number question while returning from changa Laughing

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

DesertWasabi
#6 Posted : 5/6/2022 2:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So If I understand correctly, then if I try a 20g dose, I will probably manage to smoke in around 17, then my lungs will only be able to get like 15g from that?

Would lowering the vape temps (to lets say 150-170 instead of the previous range), and increasing or decreasing the air intake of the device will make it more effective?

Also, how fast or full should I breathe-in the vapor to avoid losses?

I understand that I should keep the air for 20-30 seconds if I can, and immediately exhale and take the next hit right? Or I can inhale/exhale pure air before the next one?

And lastly, can I take multiple doses in one night? I'm a bit confused with this, since I usually have a couple of months of pause between psychedelic trips to assimilate experiences and rest a bit from the intense physical and psychological work.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 5/6/2022 3:59:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DesertWasabi wrote:
So If I understand correctly, then if I try a 20g dose, I will probably manage to smoke in around 17, then my lungs will only be able to get like 15g from that?

Would lowering the vape temps (to lets say 150-170 instead of the previous range), and increasing or decreasing the air intake of the device will make it more effective?

Also, how fast or full should I breathe-in the vapor to avoid losses?

I understand that I should keep the air for 20-30 seconds if I can, and immediately exhale and take the next hit right? Or I can inhale/exhale pure air before the next one?

And lastly, can I take multiple doses in one night? I'm a bit confused with this, since I usually have a couple of months of pause between psychedelic trips to assimilate experiences and rest a bit from the intense physical and psychological work.

For the first question, there's a lot of variables that can impact absorption, so I'm not sure how to answer.

For the second, it's very possible that a lower temp and higher airflow will be "more effective" in some ways, such as ease of vapor on throat, but you increase the chance of needing multiple hits. If you can get it all in one hit, that's the best to get you there.

Third, you can take a few breaths if you need to, but bear in mind, you're on a bit of a countdown depending on how big the first hit is (also, with that temp, I'm confident you can get all 20mg in one hit). When I use to take multiple hits in order to fully breakthrough way back when, I always just went back to back with my hits.

You will build a slight tolerance if you intend more than one journey in a short period. Just bump up the dosage by a few MG.

Smile

One love

Bill Cipher
#8 Posted : 5/6/2022 9:58:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always recommend starting at 15 or 20mg at most, with attention paid to vaping technique and if possible, as others have mentioned, finishing the dose in one hit.

Then, just increase by 5mg each time - until you either get what you came for, or shit your pants and vow to never touch the stuff again.

igorcarajo
#9 Posted : 5/7/2022 2:44:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Why is it important to take the whole dose in one hit?

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 5/7/2022 3:00:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

igorcarajo wrote:
Why is it important to take the whole dose in one hit?

Subsequent hits after the first effects start setting in become increasingly more difficult. One time I couldn't find my mouth with my device to take the next hit Laughing

Full effects of a particular dose are said to be more prevalent in the smallest possible window of time from first inhalation.

But, to each their own. Some people like to scale their way into the depth of their experience. It's kind of how I am when smoalking changa. "In one hit" is generally recommended because that's what many seem to be fond of and are looking for; quick and easy.

One love

DesertWasabi
#11 Posted : 5/12/2022 4:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the replies Smile. I think I probably will just go with 20mg my first time. I'm pretty sure I will not manage to smoke it the right way lol.