We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Expand Your Repertoire Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 4/27/2022 10:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They (the Peruvian and otherwise Amazonian indigenous Ayahuasceros) say that the Ayahuasca vine is *the* plant that heals, gives powers, etc., and was the first to be used, and chacruna (psychotria viridis) was only later used, as an adjunct, to help with visions. They say that the Ayahuasca vine is like a key to the forest, once drunk, you are able to see into/know on a much deeper level any plant you mix with it, as with a Dieta or simply an admixture.

Not only that, but the healing power or other effect of whatever you plant you introduce yourself to with Ayahuasca in your system is magnified; its effects thorough.

I would like to reiterate this point. Here at the DMT-Nexus, we have become so DMT/vision-obsessed that we rarely think of Ayahuasca without the Chacruna (I use the term loosely--this could mean P. viridis, or M. hostilis, or A. confusa, you get the idea).

But this is a mistake, or, at the very least, just a beginning step into the infinitely rich world of improving one's life with herbalism. There is so much more utility with this plant, yet untapped. In other words, there are so many other plants you can mix with the Ayahuasca vine (or Syrian Rue) in order to get an experience of the plant that is straight and to the point of healing and harmony with the body--a full fledged, no-distractions immersive experience, like a download. You can experience this not just with a DMT-containing plant, but with such other medicinal plants as:

Peppermint
Salvia
Cinnamon
Pine
Lemon Balm
Sage
Cedar
Cat's Claw
Medicinal mushrooms
Milk Thistle
Hemp
And so many more...
[Note: Do research on potential negative interactions between harmalas and herbs. For example, don't mix Licorice with harmalas.]

Really any medicinal plant you can think of, including foods.

"But RhythmSpring," I hear you say, "Lemon Balm is such a weak herb! It wouldn't do anything of interest."

That brings me to my next point: Lemon balm may be such a weak herb in your experience because you are used to ingesting a tea bag-full of it steeped in water. If you treated it like you would, say, P. viridis, and used ~25g of this safe and gentle herb, in conjunction with harmalas, you might think differently.

Each plant has its own world to show you. Acacia confusa may give you visions of the heavens, but its utility is on par with countless other plants that show you different routes to wholeness if you give them the chance.

What plants do YOU want to mix with harmalas to get the full benefit from?

What plants have you already done that with?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/27/2022 10:25:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yes! Very happy Fully agree.

I've been drinking rue tea almost everyday for the past year and ended up subsuming the act into my meditation. Soon after, I began experimenting with other herbs during the same time frame: lemon balm, blue lotus, cannabis, ashwagandha, and ginger syrup. While I have a strong bond with DMT, I also have a strong bond with rue and caapi, as well as the previously listed plants. They open up a whole new avenues of awareness and thought.

It's not always about the wild and intense, but also the subtle and transforming.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 4/27/2022 10:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
ashwagandha

Ashwagandha! What's that combination like?! I am too afraid to mix those two, because ashwagandha is already very powerful and ground-ing like harmalas. I have had a hunch that they would combine to be too sedating and perhaps to a dangerous level.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 4/27/2022 10:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
ashwagandha

Ashwagandha! What's that like?! I am too afraid to mix those two, because ashwagandha is already very powerful and ground-ing like harmalas. I have had a hunch that they would combine to be too sedating and perhaps to a dangerous level.

I really really recommend it! I deal with fatigue pretty regularly (daily) and haven't felt that this combination is too sedating. Granted, I do my long meditation towards the end of the day a few hour before bedtime. It can be slightly disorienting, sort of like when first working with harmalas. But as you've stated, it's highly balancing and grounding. I'm not sure how or why, but I'm noticing more behind my eyelids when not on traditional psychedelics, and find that certain combinations can make this more pronounced. Ashwangandha is one that particularly makes things interesting.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

L-dreamer
#5 Posted : 4/27/2022 11:16:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the ideas presented. But I think we lack reports of actual combinations between harmalas and other plants, the kind of reports that would spark a bit of curiosity in me or others. And the numerous variations of DMT and harmala dosages and forms are overwhelming in themselves, and as such they do not leave that much room to experiment with something else.

For example you posted about the pine in that opening list, how do I go about Pine-huasca? I do have a pine extract syrup sitting in my fridge (tastes amazing mixed with sparkling water). Do I use that? What can I expect beyond the typical harmala effects? Do I need to chew a pine cone, or pine needles? How and why did you come up with that particular list of plants?

RhythmSpring
#6 Posted : 4/28/2022 4:34:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

L-dreamer wrote:
how do I go about Pine-huasca?

Gather fresh pine needles (small branches are okay; it's all usable) and boil it for a few hours.
I've never used or heard of pine extract syrup! That sounds really interesting. Maybe give that a go. If it tastes strong, there's a good chance it has medicinal properties.

L-dreamer wrote:
Do I need to chew a pine cone, or pine needles?

Lol do not chew on a pine cone--that sounds very unpleasant. You can chew on pine needles. Stick with White Pine (bunches of 5 needles).

L-dreamer wrote:
How and why did you come up with that particular list of plants?

That is a question that would take a long time to answer. Let's just say that it's a list of herbs I either have worked with in conjunction with Ayahuasca and have found to be interesting/healing (most of them) or herbs that I think would be interesting to do so (just a couple, like Cinnamon (!)).
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 4/29/2022 10:28:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice thread, Rhythm Spring.

Doubly nice to read it after a few days away from the forum, this evening having drunk some good lemon balm tea. In doing so I found out that the lemon balm I've (accidentally) grown in my greenhouse is about six times stronger aromawise than the stuff that grows outdoors, although maybe that says more about my local climate than anything else.

Ashwaganda was one that I was hesitant about combining with rue as well, so it's interesting to see that VM has survived the combination apparently unharmed Laughing

In a few more or less recent sessions I've included tinctures of lemon balm, pink rose, cleavers and red clover which if nothing else, tastes rather lovely. The pleasant aroma alone can help put a positive spin on things.

In these parts we have stuff called 'Melissengeist' which is largely lemon balm based but with a selection of other aromatic herbs and spices, and 'Franzbranntwein' which is a pine-based distillate so I'll be seeing what those two have to offer.

Another herb I've been using quite a lot of lately is ground elder or goutweed (Aegopodium podagraria) that is known for its medicinal properies and was favoured by the Romans as a pot herb as well. This time of year, the young shoots are really good for salad or cooked in various dishes - the cream of asparagus soup was phenomenal with a bunch of finely-chopped ground elder added. Ground elder contains amongst other things, polyacetylenes which have antinflammatory properties and possibly even cannabinoid activity. And where it grows, it grows like crazy so there's plenty of scope for experimenting with this one too. I can't say I've specifically combined it with rue but it has been incidental to the latest run of regular rue alkaloid ingestion.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 4/30/2022 6:12:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

df0 wrote:
Ashwaganda was one that I was hesitant about combining with rue as well, so it's interesting to see that VM has survived the combination apparently unharmed

You two had me wondering if I was missing something, so I did it again last night with a little bit of cannabis.

The ashwagandha that I'm using is a root extract that recommends 10-20 drops in water. I did 15 drops with 5g rue tea... You guys should really try it Very happy

One love

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 5/3/2022 4:58:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:
df0 wrote:
Ashwaganda was one that I was hesitant about combining with rue as well, so it's interesting to see that VM has survived the combination apparently unharmed

You two had me wondering if I was missing something, so I did it again last night with a little bit of cannabis.

The ashwagandha that I'm using is a root extract that recommends 10-20 drops in water. I did 15 drops with 5g rue tea... You guys should really try it Very happy

One love

I got out the ashwaganda again after this thread and added a generous half-teaspoon to my bedtime tea. Maybe that was a bit much for sleeping, there was definitely some kind of sub-visionary activity going on that I could imagine pairing well with rue, albeit at a significantly lower dose.

Next time I'll be weighing my ashwaganda dose so, VM, what does each of your drops of aswaganda extract equate to in terms of whole root?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 5/3/2022 6:21:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:
df0 wrote:

One love

I got out the ashwaganda again after this thread and added a generous half-teaspoon to my bedtime tea. Maybe that was a bit much for sleeping, there was definitely some kind of sub-visionary activity going on that I could imagine pairing well with rue, albeit at a significantly lower dose.

Next time I'll be weighing my ashwaganda dose so, VM, what does each of your drops of aswaganda extract equate to in terms of whole root?

Good question, I wondered that as I took it last time, but then after my meditation, was too floaty to remember to try and figure it out. Laughing I'm at work now, but will take a look at the bottle to see if I can figure it out.

One love

Voidmatrix
#11 Posted : 5/3/2022 10:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking at the bottle, it states "herb strength: 1:1." I'm not sure that delivers on what we want to know. Thoughts, DF0?

One love

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 5/3/2022 11:27:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:
Looking at the bottle, it states "herb strength: 1:1." I'm not sure that delivers on what we want to know. Thoughts, DF0?

One love

A look at the label would be most instructive, although 1:1 seems to imply w/v, i.e. 1g herb per 1 mL tincture. If your dropper is a standard size it should produce 1 mL from 20 drops although this is something that should be measured. But if these assumptions are valid, your 15 drops would equate to 0.75 grams of ashwaganda root. That's way less than I had last night - and I can say that confidently without having measured anything! Laughing

Meanwhile, I still haven't combined anything with rue (or more precisely, rue with anything) lately because I've inadvertently rediscovered my space paste tincture - at a non-incapacitating dose, I might add - and this is something I'd hesitate to combine with rue even more so than the ashwaganda.

Voidmatrix
#13 Posted : 5/4/2022 12:11:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

One love

A look at the label would be most instructive, although 1:1 seems to imply w/v, i.e. 1g herb per 1 mL tincture. If your dropper is a standard size it should produce 1 mL from 20 drops although this is something that should be measured. But if these assumptions are valid, your 15 drops would equate to 0.75 grams of ashwaganda root. That's way less than I had last night - and I can say that confidently without having measured anything! Laughing

Meanwhile, I still haven't combined anything with rue (or more precisely, rue with anything) lately because I've inadvertently rediscovered my space paste tincture - at a non-incapacitating dose, I might add - and this is something I'd hesitate to combine with rue even more so than the ashwaganda.

Specifically, I looked at the label on the bottle Laughing I couldn't help myself. The directions say to add 10 to 20 drops into water or juice. The dropper looks standard, but I'll have to double-check.

Enlighten me more on your space paste tincture.

One love

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 5/4/2022 12:58:09 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Voidmatrix wrote:
Enlighten me more on your space paste tincture.
There is now a link to all things nutmeg-related in my signature.