We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Some ambientish music Options

The Sofa Traveler
#1 Posted : 4/20/2022 5:10:52 PM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hi there Smile I'm gonna present you few musics I listen while traveling. From far, ambient is what I prefer to accompany my journeys with spice, here are some albums that I listen to on a recurring basis :

Felicia Atkinson - Hand In Hand
: sound poetry with intense and minimalistic sub-basses, glitches and cut-ups, whispers all in sweetness. Sometimes melancholic, sometimes mischievous, the emotional panel is wide.

Marco Shuttle Systhema
: my latest discovery (on the late), and a very useful travel mate. The album, and his solid structure, has to be considered on the whole. Not really a pure ambient album, Systhema combines few ambient tracks with hypnotic downtempo deep electronics in the IDM/electronica/dub - even techno - area. If you're an Aphex Twin early works fan, from the like of Selected Ambient Works, this is for you. Early Warp influences in a modern twist.

Black Zone Magick Chant - Voyage Sacrifice : this one has a singular place in my heart. I had loads of spice travels with this one. Voyage Sacrifice has a real shamanic intend in a catharsistic way. Some could find it a bit dark, but don't be afraid, light is at the end of the tunnel (and it's not the train).

Ok that's all for today. Keep traveling without moving. Cool
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 4/21/2022 2:32:07 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I haven't blasted off yet, but my favs are Helios, and Loess.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ephedra
#3 Posted : 4/21/2022 2:53:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello to you.
I also like the ambient and the dreamy music to fly. So thanks for sharing. I especially liked the first one you shared.

Oh, and maybe this might interest you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnfMS3zRJwo

I have the assumption that sometimes, there is another type of movement in stillness.
დ there is a Spirit, there is a Soul დ

Koduckushi
#4 Posted : 4/27/2022 3:56:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Floating down a river headed toward the Temple of the Mind.
I've been in love with this guy's stuff lately.

Desert Sand Feels Warm at Night

The Sofa Traveler
#5 Posted : 4/27/2022 7:23:40 AM

Ephedra wrote:
Oh, and maybe this might interest you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnfMS3zRJwo

Nice one, nice voice. Maybe a bit more in the folk than ambient area though Pleased

Koduckushi wrote:
I've been in love with this guy's stuff lately.

Desert Sand Feels Warm at Night

Nice ambient in a vapor wave style... I will explore further.

...and since I'm here, I put one back in passing :

Kano - Runes : a minimalistic ambient album straight from the 80's

"A unique, dark and sparse, tribal, minimal synth, drone, trance, new age recording from the mysterious Kano. Previously only issued as an obscure cassette back in 1986 which is now much sought after. Runes is much darker and brooding compared to its new age peers of the era. Drums, metallophone, synths, and more leads you on a deep inwards trip via damp, cold and foggy caves to the ancients. Runes are reminders of our ancient future. They reveal messages of wisdom that are held deep within our hearts and consciousness. Runes remind you of the forgotten past, opening your minds into the Universal Mind. Archetypal runic symbols appear throughout the earth as relics of many ancient cultures including Hindu and Native American, but their primary origin as tools of divination is most often given as Nordic and Germanic. Their true source is perhaps, too ancient and arcane to ever know with historical certainty. The music of Runes is of such power and beauty, that it can be effective for inducing states of consciousness that allow deep meditation, channeling and trance. Runes is an extraordinary musical experience. Kano, who described it as “a trance musician from Colorado” on the original release, was Don Campbell in real life and the Runes cassette was eventually issued under his name too. Born in 1946 in San Antonio, Texas, Don Campbell spent his high school years in Europe, studying classical music with the legendary Nadia Boulanger and Jean Casadesus at the Fountainebleu Conservatory in France. A graduate of the University of North Texas, he began his professional career as a music critic and teacher for seven years at St. Mary’s International School in Tokyo. Campbell’s interest in sound, healing and education have taken him to over forty countries through the years. He has researched and documented the role and uses of music in therapeutic settings, psychology, and imagery applications, educational programs and the contemporary and indigenous spiritual traditions. In 1988, Campbell founded the Institute of Music, Health and Education, serving as its director until 1995. He is also the author of 23 books, some of which have been translated in to 24 languages. Additionally, he served as Acoustic and Musical Director of Aesthetics Audio Systems, an innovative company that provides quality music to healthcare facilities, until his passing. "

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 4/29/2022 5:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This is my default song for DMT journeys- You Can See Forever Ether Mix

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

necromanteum
#7 Posted : 5/2/2022 2:09:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
Hi there Smile I'm gonna present you few musics I listen while traveling. From far, ambient is what I prefer to accompany my journeys with spice, here are some albums that I listen to on a recurring basis :

Felicia Atkinson - Hand In Hand
: sound poetry with intense and minimalistic sub-basses, glitches and cut-ups, whispers all in sweetness. Sometimes melancholic, sometimes mischievous, the emotional panel is wide.

Marco Shuttle Systhema
: my latest discovery (on the late), and a very useful travel mate. The album, and his solid structure, has to be considered on the whole. Not really a pure ambient album, Systhema combines few ambient tracks with hypnotic downtempo deep electronics in the IDM/electronica/dub - even techno - area. If you're an Aphex Twin early works fan, from the like of Selected Ambient Works, this is for you. Early Warp influences in a modern twist.

Black Zone Magick Chant - Voyage Sacrifice : this one has a singular place in my heart. I had loads of spice travels with this one. Voyage Sacrifice has a real shamanic intend in a catharsistic way. Some could find it a bit dark, but don't be afraid, light is at the end of the tunnel (and it's not the train).

Ok that's all for today. Keep traveling without moving. Cool

great thread. love the idea, and just now playing first. it;s already quite fantastic. Thanks!

necromanteum
#8 Posted : 5/5/2022 6:13:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Starterra's 'Celestial' a bit on the nose for DMT rides what with the visualization and tone of it, but this LP is really amazing despite it.

Anyway, if you're into electronic music in the sci-fi/soundtrack realm like tangerine dream, klaus schulze, etc., or you enjoy projects like holon, carbon based lifeforms or even psytrance like juno reactor, hallucinogen, etc., and a whole lot in between, then you should definitely find something to appreciate with this LP.

There's just something about it that has a bit of "bite" to back up its bark. In other words, there is something almost like a darkness just barely hinted at, carefully observing you from the periphery. And it's enough to evoke that sense of awe and wonder that you get from concepts or experiences typically much too massive to properly grasp from your meat suit encapsulated conscious perspective without hallucinogenic aid. For me, that hits the right amplitude on the trip setting dial for breakthrough experiences which allow for growth. Do check out the channel too. There's so much content to explore, with rare gems just waiting to be found.

Fridge
#9 Posted : 5/6/2022 5:56:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing necromanteum. I think I might add this to my playlist for future travels... also the visuals are awesome!

I recently really got into Jon Hopkins work. Here's one I really enjoyed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh...6uY_CYidiDbArNmd4jVH_wwC
...no need to worry...

The Sofa Traveler
#10 Posted : 5/6/2022 8:01:11 AM

necromanteum wrote:
Anyway, if you're into electronic music in the sci-fi/soundtrack realm like tangerine dream, klaus schulze
I'm TOTALLY in Smile (R.I.P. Klaus...). Gonna soulseeking Starterra...

UgraKarma
#11 Posted : 5/6/2022 2:19:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's hard to beat the King:

Brian Eno - New Space Music

Perhaps my favorite song for OOBE-level psychedelic experiences.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

ox1de
#12 Posted : 5/8/2022 6:29:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i've been dreaming while asleep with Brian Eno,the Orb and chillout dreams sounds

The Orb:
https://youtu.be/_uUhsZHmwtE

& my favorite album from my Canadian neighbors, BOC-
Boards of Canada:
https://youtu.be/vDkHR80rNtw

the Dubadelic sounds of
Shpongle:
https://youtu.be/J2WP-55FLNk

A Brian Eno aquarium film:
https://youtu.be/ZjbNQc4owtg

ephedra
#13 Posted : 5/8/2022 6:43:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ox1de:

Oh oh, BOC, you bring me back good trip memories with that!Love

The Sofa Traveler
#14 Posted : 5/11/2022 10:51:47 AM

Since it's about Brian Eno, here is one of my favorite tracks to travel, the nearly 22 minutes long Charm (Over "Burundi Cloud) from Jon Hassell & Brian Eno, quite mystic and shamanic, perfect for deep mind explorations.

Reality warper
#15 Posted : 5/16/2022 2:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i was listening to a aphex twin mix earlier,real good stuff.I listen to alot of chill music like carbon based lifeforms,boards of canada,DJ shadow,DJ krush,Asura,aes dana etc i love it!

ephedra
#16 Posted : 5/16/2022 3:24:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

to swim on awareness..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_jySkFIK4

3HitChimp
#17 Posted : 5/19/2022 12:58:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I guess theses are considered brainwave meditation more so then ambient.

I've experienced many over the years, these are among my top picks:

[ Meditation, AwakenTheWorldFilm ] - Pranava - Deep Chant and Yantra Meditation - Natural Aum / OM

[ Meditation, Meditative Mind ] - Extremely Powerful Root Chakra Awakening Meditation Music - Muladhara

[ Meditation, Transcending Vibrations ] - Total Healing II - Mu Wave Isochronic Tones (12.5 - 7.5 Hz)

[ Meditation, Transcending Vibrations ] - Kundalini Rising 432 Hz • Complete Chakra Opening

[ Meditation, Taos Winds Spirit Music ] - The Healer's Dream (432 Hz) Inner Journey Healing Meditation

The Sofa Traveler
#18 Posted : 6/8/2022 8:38:30 AM

A 1994 classic stuff that has not aged a bit :

The Irresistible Force - Global Chillage

The Sofa Traveler
#19 Posted : 6/8/2022 8:58:36 AM

Mathias Grassow & John Haughm ‎– Mosaic: A deep journey in vaporous soundwaves...
part I

part II

part III

The Sofa Traveler
#20 Posted : 6/8/2022 9:18:58 AM

Generally associated to krautrock but still in an ambient vibe :

Ash Ra Tempel/Manuel Göttsching - Pluralis (1975)

123NEXT»