We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long do you lye soak your MHRB and how long do you pull? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 5/10/2020 7:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Sorry if that tilte doesn't make sense. I have never used MHRB nor performed a STB, until yesterday that is. Prior to this experiment, I have always used ACRB, and performed a hybrid AB on it, usually let it sit in the lye solution for around 30 to 45 minutes, then pull. I use 75ml nps, shake 30 seconds, allow for sepration and repeat three more times before I remove the solvent.
I did this with some powdered MHRB and the nps came back pretty yellow and I could coax some milkiness by blowing on it. However, evaporating it only left a miniscule amount of goo in the tray from 100 g of bark. I evapped two 75ml pulls down to this.
Do I need to do longer pulls on this? I am pretty sure the bark is solid, and that the fault is my own.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 5/10/2020 8:12:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After powdering the mhrb in a blender (this is important) if doing a straight to base tek, I will usually allow the NaOH some time, a few hours or so, to work on the bark before doing the first pull.

Or, you can do an acid boil, then put the results of the boil, bark and all, into your extraction vessel, then base (boil and base). This way, some alkaloids are available right away after basing.

I feel like when I'm doing a true STB the third/fourth pull is usually the biggest, from which I gather that the NaOH takes some time to fully work on the bark and free all the dmt.

Regarding pulls. I use 75 ml naphtha for 100 gram bark/1000 ml extractions. I turn the vessel 90 degrees and roll the bottle/flask, like turning a doorknob. For a minute at a time. I do this several times per pull.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

null24
#3 Posted : 5/11/2020 1:58:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tony6Strings wrote:
After powdering the mhrb in a blender (this is important) if doing a straight to base tek, I will usually allow the NaOH some time, a few hours or so, to work on the bark before doing the first pull.

Or, you can do an acid boil, then put the results of the boil, bark and all, into your extraction vessel, then base (boil and base). This way, some alkaloids are available right away after basing.

I feel like when I'm doing a true STB the third/fourth pull is usually the biggest, from which I gather that the NaOH takes some time to fully work on the bark and free all the dmt.

Regarding pulls. I use 75 ml naphtha for 100 gram bark/1000 ml extractions. I turn the vessel 90 degrees and roll the bottle/flask, like turning a doorknob. For a minute at a time. I do this several times per pull.

Hey, thanks for answering. I'm not a total noob, i just look like one. Razz

I've played around with ACRB quite a bit and familiarized myself with extracting from that plant. I just wanted to try the ease of a STB so decided to try my luck with MH.

I posted out of a complete lack of confidence in my extraction skills, but I think i did end up figuring out what my issue was. I simply forgot to evap half of my naps before i froze it. I usually simply evap my ACRB extracts, since I'm usually going for a full spectrum goo to use with enhanced leaf anyway.

Anyway, i can report some pretty good success and the pic here is if the drying result of the first two pulls AFTER a half evap and then 12 hours in the freezer. It's a half pint mason, for scale.

It's a little yellow but super fluffy and seems to whiten as it dries.
null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200510_175017499.jpg (2,358kb) downloaded 485 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Sunnyside
#4 Posted : 5/11/2020 2:53:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It looks like you got that yummy yum!
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 5/11/2020 4:37:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks great!!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

lsrvnt
#6 Posted : 7/1/2020 7:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Tony6Strings wrote:

I've played around with ACRB quite a bit and familiarized myself with extracting from that plant. I just wanted to try the ease of a STB so decided to try my luck with MH.

I posted out of a complete lack of confidence in my extraction skills, but I think i did end up figuring out what my issue was. I simply forgot to evap half of my naps before i froze it. I usually simply evap my ACRB extracts, since I'm usually going for a full spectrum goo to use with enhanced leaf anyway.

Anyway, i can report some pretty good success and the pic here is if the drying result of the first two pulls AFTER a half evap and then 12 hours in the freezer. It's a half pint mason, for scale.

It worked!!! but I might suggest letting your pulls settle in a pouring flask a little or even getting it just a little cold so the sediments can cool to the bottom before pouring just the purest solvent into a freezing container. also drying the containers sideways with a fan to ensure nothing settles to the bottom can help get some of that yellow out of your extractions <3

re-crystalization is always possible for those super clean no cough hits Thumbs up

much luck and much love ❤️

Fractalus
#7 Posted : 1/10/2022 5:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Null24 like you i always worked with acrb...the last ext i was trying a/b on mimo for the first time and for some reason only 450mg of spice was extracted from 100g of mhrb, of course after few good re-x...
so conclution is the bark was low yield or maybe a/b extract isnt worth when mhrb is about
(used the exact same tek as with acrb)
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Dirty T
#8 Posted : 1/11/2022 6:24:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I add the Lye, salt and NPS altogether, shake for around 15 seconds and apply heat. No additional shaking is necessary. The heat forces the emulsion to break in minutes then I pull the NPS and replace with more NPS (also heated). That's for initial pulls. Within 3 days every bit will be available in the soup but you can get a large amount up front within minutes of initial soup creation. Also 75ml is overkill, 50ml per pull is more than enough and the more NPS you use the less comes out in the freezer.

jah Meej
#9 Posted : 4/19/2022 10:44:52 AM

•"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

null24 wrote:
Tony6Strings wrote:

Is that from and Acid to Base extraction, then washed with light naphtha or similar? just wondering, because this is what my crystals looked like (still wet)
(the little black specks are ACRB powder flecks)
jah Meej attached the following image(s):
dmt crystals.jpg (37kb) downloaded 221 time(s).

American jurors have complete Constitutional authority to vote "not guilty" based on nothing more than a disagreement with the case, no matter the evidence - despite the judge's instructions. There is absolutely no obligation to vote "guilty" to arrive at a unanimous verdict. Get on a jury, stand your ground, and fulfill its other main purpose: to counteract abusive government and unjust lawsuits.
See www.fija.org