We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How different is N,N to 5-MeO Options

Camalonga
#1 Posted : 4/10/2022 11:21:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have never broke through with N,N-DMT, even having drank ayahuasca 100 times, I haven't even come close. I took a breakthrough dose of bufo once and I don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon. In the first moments after exhaling, it felt like ayahuasca, like having gone over the edge with aya. But I quickly went beyond anywhere I have ever been with aya, I didnt have any frame of reference for it. Is 5-MeO a different landscape to N,N or can you go to the same place on either one?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

King Tryptamine
#2 Posted : 4/12/2022 12:50:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Despite the name suggests 5-MeO-DMT and N,N-DMT are quite different, as different as N,N-DMT is to psilocin or mescaline to 2-CB. 5-MeO-DMT is arguably the most powerful, intense and potent naturally occurring serotonergic psychedelic found in the Bufo alvarius toad. Unlike N,N-DMT it seems that it isn't really widespread in the plant kingdom, at least not from what I know, the compound seems pretty exclusive to the single species of American toad.

Psychological

In comparison to N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT lacks the visual geometry to a large extent but compensates for this effect in terms of higher propensity for euphoria and a psychedelic headspace. While the positive mental effects are more pronounced so are the negatives such as anxiety and nausea.

Physiological

Unlike N,N-DMT which is a toxicologically well tolerated compound like other classical psychedelics such as psilocybin and mescaline, the safety profile of 5-MeO-DMT seems far more obscure. First and foremost its use is extremely limited in an already limited class of compounds referred to as psychedelics. There just isn't as much research to go on regarding its toxic effects, but from the little research that has been done it does seem like it could be more dangerous than N,N-DMT regarding its capacity to cause serotonergic toxicity, cardiotoxicity and respiratory depression. At high doses it is best advised to have a trip sitter who knows CPR or can call an ambulance in the off chance that something does go wrong. 5-MeO-DMT with MAOIs such as harmine and harmaline should also be advised against IMO, since this will only make the toxic effects a lot worse, specifically serotonergic toxicity and it is a combination that has resulted in deaths that could have otherwise have been avoided.

null24
#3 Posted : 4/12/2022 2:07:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

My initiation to this forum came after having the most powerful transformative experience of my life with 5meo, which I had been told at the time was n,n. I was somewhat confused at all the reports which did not reflect my experience. Coming across n,n somewhat later, I realized that this was not what I had encountered and was pretty shocked at the intrusion into my consciousness of seemingly discarnate beings, and some interactive "other", whereas with the 5, I was basically erased. Hence, my handle of null.

They are two totally different things. Not having done aya, I cannot speak to that, but I do have extensive experience with changa and may other seratonergic chemicals, none of which come close to having the character of 5. It is a different beast altogether.

IME, n,n is utterly strange, something that is best left not questioning or really attempting to understand but better left just experiencing. It has given me more questions than answers, kind of like seeing a UFO or something. 5 took all the questions away and showed me an infinite and eternal universe existing within and without me, and my simultaneously intrinsic and extraneous relationship to it. It filled the giant hole in my chest where meaning should reside. Over ten years on, I am still incorporating that on the daily. It informs my movement through life, whereas n,n does not.

I am curious why you revolted against it, not that that is not unreasonable. Was it too much? Was it the sudden terrifying onset of death? What was the dose, how was it admistered? Were you in ceremony or on your own? What was the experience like?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*