We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Inkjet printing of small molecules, biologics, and nanoparticles Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 4/6/2022 4:20:58 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Inkjet printing of small molecules, biologics, and nanoparticles
Wai-Houng Chou, Alexander Gamboa, Javier O. Morales
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nen888
#2 Posted : 9/10/2023 5:46:09 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i wonder how far away the machine where you just say 'i want bacon and eggs', and it materialises in the oven tray, is...? Smile and then you can say to the AI.. 'make me a food that doesn't exist yet that i'm going to like..'

on the ground, though, this is fascinating...and a mind boggling future of molecule production..i wonder what the 'ink formulation' for tryptamines, or anti-oxidant phenols would be..?

Thanks benzyme for the paper

the red squirrel
#3 Posted : 11/1/2023 12:34:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's indeed the fun part where one could synthesize random foods with a future inkjet bioprinter. Who doesn't want to print some good food from other parts of the world or even some magic mushrooms for example?Big grin

But there is a dark side to it as well. For example, the complete SARS virus RNA sequence is known and is publically available. Imagine that just ordinary people could print these viruses at home with their tweaked printer. But I guess that's just some real doomsday thinkingConfused
May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation
~ John Coltrane