We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Dish for E MESH.. Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 3/26/2022 8:22:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i found a way to turn my flat E mesh strip into a.. [dish shape] ..making it easier to load ..less spillage..

After trying several other ideas...i found something i was satisfied with...

Im using the ..SS 316.. stainless ribbon [pretty narrow strip of stainless]..

[use a little longer peice of mesh than normal.. then measure..fold..bend..and connect]

[note].! in the second and third photos below.. the connectors need shortened because they are too high]

If you have a wider strip of mesh you can make a larger spice dish but really! who needs that much spice to get results!Thumbs up

Below are photos of the spice dish i made from ..[one peice of ss 316L mesh].. /I did it by measuring the area on top of RDA..then [making two walls by foulding the mesh .....
[between fingers]..than after cutting and conecting the mesh strip and connecting to the RDA..properly..bending the the other two sides into an even dish shape..gently with small needle nose plyers...

The photo has 4 drops of spice tincture in the center bottom drying...it would easily hold....
a 20...to...30 mg..or higher.... pile of crystal without spilling...

the whole thing was done with one strip of mesh.. by ..measuring... folding and bending..look close at zoomed picture...Thumbs up

this also could be done using two layers of mesh as well..posibly making the dish last longer...

I will send photos of mesh strip..after the first two walls were made by foulding the mesh...

I doubt that creasing the new mesh will cause any mesh burn outs ..not for quite a long while..if treated gently with a good solid connection to the terminals..

[jello rapture]
https://youtu.be/P_gapG2vK78

[oblivion and vapor]

https://youtu.be/awPo_VZabRc
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC00205.JPG (2,649kb) downloaded 222 time(s).
DSC00206.JPG (2,334kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
DSC00207.JPG (2,367kb) downloaded 222 time(s).
DSC00209.JPG (2,488kb) downloaded 216 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

starway7
#2 Posted : 3/28/2022 6:21:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in these pictures below im making a dish shaped platform for spice...

This time im using two layers of ss316 mesh...it might heat better??...not shure if it will be an improvement yet..till i try it..

but two layers of mesh may last longer?... also it creates a/.. [micro layer air gap layer].. in between the two peices of mesh that might protect against over heating too fast?/

In light up test it heats nice and even...

i used two two inch peices of ss316 mesh to start with but can be done with a slightly shorter length...

im aware of the problem of loading spice on top of a thin ribbon of mesh..and the spillage it has caused...

this should be a bit better because of its dish shape for loading...

you can see the other two walls i bent upward in photos of glowing e mesh dish....

veiw photos below...

you simply start by foulding the first two walls..[as you see in pictures]..[i made these a little higher than i should have concidering the limited space inside of an RDA cap..

then after cutting the power conections as low to the terminals as possible... and conecting tightly.. i bent the other two walls up at an angle with small pointed pliers forming a dish or canoe shape to hold the spice..

[note in 5th picture below... i lowered the connection terminals as low as possible]
[the lowered mesh is the photo on left.]

[note].! in the second and third photos below.. the connectors need shortened because they are too long ]

[you can either fold the connectors to lower them.... or cut them with small sissors to lower them..your choice.

just takes patience and being carefull to get the shape you want..

you can see two different RDAs one bigger the other a little smaller...

[devine moments of truth]
https://youtu.be/1cQcD0BwI3c

https://youtu.be/VASywEuqFd8
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC00212.JPG (2,518kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
DSC00213.JPG (2,278kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
DSC00214.JPG (2,151kb) downloaded 165 time(s).
DSC00217.JPG (2,431kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
DSC00218.JPG (2,415kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
DSC00221.JPG (2,553kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
DSC00222.JPG (2,407kb) downloaded 162 time(s).
DSC00219.JPG (2,456kb) downloaded 161 time(s).

starway7
#3 Posted : 4/2/2022 1:24:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shapeing a spice dish is working very well!... Ive useed my dish twice it delivers tons of vapor!

Always trying to improve on this...Thumbs up

CloudyDays
#4 Posted : 3/12/2023 9:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks really nice. And the heating looks very uniform. I thought sharp bends in the mesh might be bad for uniform heating.

What motivated you to try two meshes? Do you see any downside to two meshes?

artificer
#5 Posted : 3/12/2023 10:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CloudyDays wrote:
This looks really nice. And the heating looks very uniform. I thought sharp bends in the mesh might be bad for uniform heating.

What motivated you to try two meshes? Do you see any downside to two meshes?

Only thing I see potentially being problematic is the two mesh screens effectively cut the resistance in half, and there is a limit to how low you can make the resistance on the mod box before it's not happy (usually just an error message saying there's a short and won't even try to fire)
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision